09-17-2016, 03:25 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
Just to let everyone know I AM NOT THE ONE SELLING THE BRUSH on ebay!!!!!  I sold it here on TSN for what I paid for it, no more, no less.  I will have to go back through  my emails to see who purchased it.  Or, if the mods want to look at my PM's that would be fine.  So, I guess if you're the member that bought it from me and are now asking $465 on Ebay, you might want to think twice.  If I find the email I will happily let everyone know who you are.

49 637
 09-17-2016, 03:33 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
People  go through life with their ethical pant fly open thinking class something you sit through before  friday afternoon.

2 3,171
 09-17-2016, 04:04 PM
User Info
I'd be hesitant about outing someone like that. I bought one of these on a forum, never used it, then sold it to someone else at cost who posted a WTB ad. You can't say for certain that the person who bought it from you is the one who is selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 286
 09-17-2016, 04:11 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
The same seller has another TSN LE brush, the Simpson M6 (no. 125) listed for $349 (original price was 100 pounds) on eBay.

The Mod team does NOT permit profiteering here on our BST, however eBay is a completely different scenario.

99 18,011
 09-17-2016, 04:13 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Point taken, but we all should CYA with  thin skins over hard to get items being speculated on. There is a B&M store who will never see my shadow cross the threshhold over such BS

2 3,171
 09-17-2016, 04:20 PM
User Info
Omg.. $465.

One thing I hate the most in the hobby? Scalpers.

11 1,169
 09-17-2016, 04:24 PM
User Info
[Image: u7AQbgA.jpg]Sorry, but I strongly believe the brush is not #12, because it's in my hands and I'm located in CA  Biggrin

31 739
 09-17-2016, 04:27 PM
User Info
The thing is some people factor these insane prices as "market value" and say supply and demand calls for this. I will not pay more than what I can get these for new.

63 1,596
 09-17-2016, 04:29 PM
User Info
(09-17-2016, 04:24 PM)llalm Wrote: [Image: u7AQbgA.jpg]Sorry, but I strongly believe the brush is not #12, because it's in my hands and I'm located in CA  Biggrin
It's #125 not #12

Oops that was one of the overpriced M6 on there. Also, there are 2 M6 similarly (over)priced with different sellers, both contain 'Lipo' as the first 4 letters...

7 330
 09-17-2016, 04:31 PM
User Info
$125 for a bluetip!

Insane in the membrane.

11 1,169
 09-17-2016, 04:34 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
(09-17-2016, 04:29 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 04:24 PM)llalm Wrote: [Image: u7AQbgA.jpg]Sorry, but I strongly believe the brush is not #12, because it's in my hands and I'm located in CA  Biggrin
It's #125 not #12

Oops that was one of the overpriced M6 on there
It turns out it wasn't mine that I sold on here.  My apologies to Illam!

49 637
 09-17-2016, 04:36 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
Who wants to ask the ebay seller what number(s) they are?  Wink

49 637
 09-17-2016, 04:46 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
It's EBAY- let it go* in the light of further presently confidential info-boy, was I wrong Angry

2 3,171
 09-17-2016, 05:07 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I know that I'll never sell another LE item, or highly valued item, to someone who isn't a well established member of the forum. That's too bad because it will eliminate newer members who might have no intention of flipping it from being able to obtain it. If someone wants to purchase an item that they want to flip, they can purchase it from someone else.

38 5,194
 09-17-2016, 05:09 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Kav, if it weren't our own LE TSN brushes, I'm sure no one would really care. Or if it was just a one off, but this seller has already sold a TSN M6 and is now selling a second TSN M6 as well as the TSN Paladin. The shaving world is still rather niche and such behaviour will certainly attract scrutiny...

99 18,011
 09-17-2016, 05:24 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(09-17-2016, 05:09 PM)ben74 Wrote: Kav, if it weren't our own LE TSN brushes, I'm sure no one would really care. Or if it was just a one off, but this seller has already sold a TSN M6 and is now selling a second TSN M6 as well as the TSN Paladin. The shaving world is still rather niche and such behaviour will certainly attract scrutiny...

Agreed. We do not take kindly to this.

46 18,607
 09-17-2016, 05:38 PM
User Info
It goes against rule #6, if it was purchased on the bst

28 777
 09-17-2016, 05:43 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Agreed, but as Watson 15 pointed out we need to identify the party before doing the british detective movie ID the killer in the drawing room scene. Ideally, a few who don't do EBAY could set up an account and make bogus bids, run the price up to salivating levels and then flake.

2 3,171
 09-17-2016, 05:51 PM
User Info
I hope I never come across hard times and try to raise money by selling shaving gear. 

Blush

Hope some of you guys are around when I am house shopping too. If I am asked to pay a dime more than you paid for your real estate whenever you bought it you'll be on double secret probation...
Wink

I understand what you are saying about the particular brush being a LE and the insane premium being asked. I recall reading a thread about the last LE where someone asked how long a person needs to be a member to be able to get a LE. The answer if I remember correctly was a day.

No such thing as bad publicity I've heard. Scandalous LE pricing is a juicy topic. Should be good for membership numbers. Silver lining!

@Watson15 makes a good point and I'd like to add that I have not walked a mile in the seller's shoes. I am not interested in buying his brush at his asking price but I don't know what motivated him to ask for that amount. I won't judge. A few hundred dollars is hardly life changing, but it may be the difference between running out of prescriptions or getting an automobile repaired. Who knows. Could be old fashioned greed plain and simple...

I have a lot of things I bought from BST threads on the forums. I have sold stuff on the forums too. I don't ask for a penny more than I paid for anything selling stuff on a forum unless shipping is unusual. Usually I try to make a smile instead of even breaking even.

I have sold stuff on eBay as well. Sometimes for less but often for more by far than I paid. Never lost a minute of sleep selling anything on eBay. I don't flip stuff I got on forums there. I hope I never have the need to either as it seems like the jury's in on the topic for some. I still have and cherish the F type injector one of the moderators here sold me for peanuts years ago on a forum. Bought and sold other examples of the model, but I have never considered turning to eBay with it if I ever pass it on. 

I agree with some of the feedback in this thread. Not all of it though. Life is a complicated thing and I am humble in my opinion that I am not able to know all the circumstances of my fellow man. I am not able to pass judgement in many situations that are more complex than they appear on the surface. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt when presented with controversial issues. I hope that others will do the same for me some times.

I'll leave it at that. Got to catch up cleaning the windows here in my glass house.

10 1,454
 09-17-2016, 06:04 PM
User Info
(09-17-2016, 05:51 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: I hope I never come across hard times and try to raise money by selling shaving gear. 

Blush

Hope some of you guys are around when I am house shopping too. If I am asked to pay a dime more than you paid for your real estate whenever you bought it you'll be on double secret probation...
Wink

I understand what you are saying about the particular brush being a LE and the insane premium being asked. I recall reading a thread about the last LE where someone asked how long a person needs to be a member to be able to get a LE. The answer if I remember correctly was a day.

No such thing as bad publicity I've heard. Scandalous LE pricing is a juicy topic. Should be good for membership numbers. Silver lining!

@Watson15 makes a good point and I'd like to add that I have not walked a mile in the seller's shoes. I am not interested in buying his brush at his asking price but I don't know what motivated him to ask for that amount. I won't judge. A few hundred dollars is hardly life changing, but it may be the difference between running out of prescriptions or getting an automobile repaired. Who knows. Could be old fashioned greed plain and simple...

I have a lot of things I bought from BST threads on the forums. I have sold stuff on the forums too. I don't ask for a penny more than I paid for anything selling stuff on a forum unless shipping is unusual. Usually I try to make a smile instead of even breaking even.

I have sold stuff on eBay as well. Sometimes for less but often for more by far than I paid. Never lost a minute of sleep selling anything on eBay. I don't flip stuff I got on forums there. I hope I never have the need to either as it seems like the jury's in on the topic for some. I still have and cherish the F type injector one of the moderators here sold me for peanuts years ago on a forum. Bought and sold other examples of the model, but I have never considered turning to eBay with it if I ever pass it on. 

I agree with some of the feedback in this thread. Not all of it though. Life is a complicated thing and I am humble in my opinion that I am not able to know all the circumstances of my fellow man. I am not able to pass judgement in many situations that are more complex than they appear on the surface. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt when presented with controversial issues. I hope that others will do the same for me some times.

I'll leave it at that. Got to catch up cleaning the windows here in my glass house.

Yea, I'm sure Liposhaver2727 is just one paycheck away from becoming homeless...

160 1,040