09-18-2016, 05:19 AM
User Info
Hi guys, 

I love a good pre shave oil. BUt most that I have used are very think and greasy!! The one I have really liked so far is Clarins Shave Ease. Its think and very slippery and less oily!
It comes at a price though ($48) here in Aus. 

I wanted to check if anyone else had tried the new Aqua Di Parma oil... its very new and looks good?

0 83
 09-18-2016, 07:33 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Like you, I am not fond of "thick and greasy" pre-shave oils. I have not used ADP's pre-shave oil; but I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with any of their shave products. It is probably a very good product.

That being said, I'd encourage you to try Baume.be pre shave gel.  It's a thick gel which is clear, non-greasy, easily absorbed, all natural and effective.  There is a small amount of oil in the mixture, but it is NOT an oil. It has a very nice clean scent, as well. A little goes a long way.

171 1,512
 09-19-2016, 12:23 AM
User Info
(09-18-2016, 07:33 AM)Steelman Wrote: Like you, I am not fond of "thick and greasy" pre-shave oils. I have not used ADP's pre-shave oil; but I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with any of their shave products. It is probably a very good product.

That being said, I'd encourage you to try Baume.be pre shave gel.  It's a thick gel which is clear, non-greasy, easily absorbed, all natural and effective.  There is a small amount of oil in the mixture, but it is NOT an oil. It has a very nice clean scent, as well. A little goes a long way.

I'd be interested to try this as I had their shave cream and that was great. Is it the same type of scent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 94
 09-19-2016, 02:51 PM
User Info
(09-19-2016, 12:23 AM)Coffeesnob Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 07:33 AM)Steelman Wrote: Like you, I am not fond of "thick and greasy" pre-shave oils. I have not used ADP's pre-shave oil; but I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with any of their shave products. It is probably a very good product.

I'd be interested to try this as I had their shave cream and that was great. Is it the same type of scent?

I bought it a few years ago and didn't care for it. As I remember it and unless it's been reformulated, it was not thick/greasy at all - it was thin & had a silicone-like slickness. To me the scent was similar to Proraso green AS, nothing like the colonia scent. I'm huge fan of AdP products, but not this one.

10 156
 09-19-2016, 04:06 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
The Baume.be pre shave gel is the same scent as the cream. And it's very viscous/thick.

171 1,512
 09-19-2016, 06:20 PM
User Info
If you want a thin pre shave, try Myrsol Metilsol. Great stuff. Always use this, when it's hot outside. Not greasy at all.

25 6,185
 09-25-2016, 01:25 AM
User Info
I have been using ADP for sometime now. Goes well with the shaving range of ADP. It's thin n slick and leaves the face smooth and irritation free.

More recently I have purchased ' The Refinery' preshave oil from an online store in UK.I m finding the aroma awesome and even slicker than ADP Oil. Very very good product.You may visit the store http://www.thegroomingclinic.com. Steven ships out pretty fast and very reasonable prices on most of the products. Though not much range available on the shaving side...but worth a visit.

3 1,038
 07-19-2017, 03:22 AM
  • Wayjr
  • Kennesaw, GA
User Info

I agree. Baume.be preshave gel is what I currently use, and I'd highly recommend it.

0 55