09-18-2016, 06:56 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Friends, and I embrace one and all: A recent ugly thread once again has entered the group consciousness. I just finished shaving, today  from the magnanimous generosity of yet another member. I looked at my ever evolving and crowded countertop of 8 years. I thought of something Ralph Nader told me ( yes, I met him too. Troublesome souls are like mercury). " If everything becomes abundant, nothing has value". That may be counter to Ben and Churchill's incredible brush collections, and I am thinking more to the general cornucopia of product we have access to. A new member's first best grade, scritchy and funky black badger should be met with the same enthusiasm we all felt with ours. It is also utterly rediculous ( supersize me MEA CULPA) for us to look like old men brawling in the mud over a fallen tree limb in a thunderstorm. This is supposed to be FUN, and  I fear and feel for many that is no longer a given. We all need to remind ourselves not everyone online is who or what they reveal. This may not be the personals section of CRAIGSLIST, but believe me, predators are out there, and have been here.  "this is the real world Muchachos, and we are in it" B. Traven. We all need to think twice before typing. Do I really need to add to this thread, are my thought with merit? Is my tone hurtfull? If I STFU for a few additonal posts, will a I learn something? This is a worldwide community using a very awkward linqua englais.
I just took a very cold shower. I am going to spend the day  like my first; rewatching MANTICS YOUTUBE tutorials, review everything and fix any problems ( I have to hold MWF upside down while lathering. Are you for real)?  This isn't easy, we will stumble. but it's overdue.  And, as always; I stand ready for the revolution ( somebody said that to Ralph. He answered "Stop standing around and start one")

2 3,171
 09-18-2016, 09:09 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Or in short terms, follow the Golden Rule and Have A Nice Day.  Smile

178 23,807
 09-18-2016, 09:17 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Although I understand & appreciate Kav's eloquence....

Johnny is, once again, the voice of clarity.

168 1,376
 09-18-2016, 03:08 PM
User Info
Unfortunately I do fully understand you; though you are far more poetic and articulate than I. I may know people for years and still only call them acquaintances. This does not mean that I do not like a person, I only carry many scars that have not faded with the time God has blessed me. I believe fault falls upon my self for having expectations for people far reaching reality. The sad reality in life is, that many arguments will matter not next week let alone a hundred years from now. To quote a highly intellectual movie My wife are I recently watched "Keep on Swimming". God Bless!

0 596
 09-20-2016, 06:17 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(09-18-2016, 03:08 PM)GreeneMD Wrote: Unfortunately I do fully understand you; though you are far more poetic and articulate than I.
To "fully understand" kav Gives you a 'leg up' on most of us. Kav obviously tarvels in different circles than the average bloke and his syntactical constructions set him apart. That, however, is what makes it fun to read his thoughts and observations and take from them what you can. With high 'time in type' one can become jaded. Going back to square one (as he's doing) will often rekindle what's right with the hobby rather than what's wrong with same.

0 363