10-10-2016, 07:55 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Having used my eBarbershop clone a few times it seems to remind me very much of the actual Type O that I used to own.  The quality appears to be on point and the shave is mild, yet efficient when used with a sharp blade (I prefer P74s and Holland made Schick Platinums).  I don't think this will ruin the collectible value of the Type O, but for those not willing to wait or pay for the magic this will certainly fit the bill just fine.

145 2,809
 10-10-2016, 08:43 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(10-08-2016, 05:20 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: So...not bad. Not overly fantastic. Loaded a fresh Chick, made sure it didn't drag.

RR Dead Sea whipped up with my M6 Simpson. I'm still working on the perfect mix.

3 pass BBS for the most part. I feel it left a few hairs behind in spots. Maybe it was me...

Recommended as a good injector option if one have a negative feeling about vintage.

I feels it's equal to a Type L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1  This is pretty much where I came out with it, after they replaced the defective one I first received.  Too mild for my taste, just like any of them past the Type F (save the Adjustable M).  I have tried the twin blades and wasn't overly impressed with them and found them prone to clogging (both back in the day when they came out in the 70's and within the last year when I was convinced to try again).  Any slight advantage to be gained is offset by the difficulty and expense of sourcing them for me.

44 484
 10-27-2016, 08:29 AM
User Info
Finally got mine.  I think it is well made and there do not seem to be any issues with it.  I gave it a try this morning with a Japanese Schick twin blade.  I found the blades to be smooth and efficient, although you have to shorten the length of your stroke because they do clog up a little faster.  Overall I really like the shave.  The added weight is nice but its not too heavy and it feels pretty natural in the hand.  I'm going to use it over the next couple of moths with a few different blades, but my initial impression is that it is a keeper for me.

0 115
 10-30-2016, 07:43 AM
User Info
Mine arrived yesterday, check out the post & pics here.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=...#pid747754

Jeff

5 337
 01-10-2017, 09:34 PM
User Info
This is the only injector that works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 260