09-19-2016, 03:04 PM
  • Slim
  • Tennessee
User Info
I've been wanting to give Stirling soaps a try. They have so many scents to chose from. Aside from the different scents: Do a'll the soaps perform the same? Or do some have more superior ingredients that make them better performers? As far as slickness cushion ect.. I was wandering about the sandalwood, and the sandalwood vanilla??

0 80
 09-19-2016, 03:48 PM
User Info
Vanilla Sandlewood is fantastic, and lathers as well as all the other Stirling soaps that I've tried.

16 148
 09-19-2016, 06:02 PM
User Info
I tried the Sandalwood.  Excellent performance, but I did not care about this particular Sandalwood scent.  This, of course, is entirely subjective.  Interestingly, I thought the Wet Shaving Products Formula T Sandalwood was quite similar, and I didn't care for that scent either.

48 5,718
 09-19-2016, 07:57 PM
User Info
I absolutely love Stirling and own a bunch.  I value a creamy lather over a cool whip texture and I hunt for slick soaps.  Stirling is in my top tier.  As far as ingredients go I believe only Stirlings sheep soaps differ in the base but all lather well for me although the glacials with heavy menthol take a bit more,product and a bit more elbow grease.  Rod sells samples which is a great way to find the scents you enjoy.

2 133
 09-19-2016, 08:15 PM
User Info
(09-19-2016, 07:57 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: I absolutely love Stirling and own a bunch.  I value a creamy lather over a cool whip texture and I hunt for slick soaps.  Stirling is in my top tier.  As far as ingredients go I believe only Stirlings sheep soaps differ in the base but all lather well for me although the glacials with heavy menthol take a bit more,product and a bit more elbow grease.  Rod sells samples which is a great way to find the scents you enjoy.

Very slick soap. Of all the brands of soaps/creams I own, I own the most variety of scents from Stirling, mainly due to their inexpensive samples. Ozark mountain is one of my many favorites from Stirling around this time of year.

24 698
 09-19-2016, 09:06 PM
User Info
Executive man is a nice, clean scent. I have a few stirling soaps, and they are great performers especially at their price point. The aftershave balms are also solid and well worth a look. Absolutely love Stirling barbershop balm!

26 984
 09-20-2016, 08:33 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Every Stirling soap I've tried is delightful. My top favorites are the powerfully-mentholated Glacials.

3 2,626
 09-20-2016, 09:56 AM
User Info
I have enjoyed all their sents except Bay rum (too much clove for me). Their menthols are great and I just started using Island Man (seasonal item). If you want to just try them out the sample are the way to go. They'll last between 4-6 months (YMMV). Lathering is very easy and nice. The sandalwood was good, but preferred Gin & Tonic, Lime, Ozark Mountain, Orange Chill, Sharp Dressed Man, and my son likes Texas on Fire (smells like sitting around a campfire). Go for it.

0 596
 09-21-2016, 05:27 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I have tried most of them over the past several years and use Stirling Bath Soap daily.

My favorite shave soaps are: Margaritas in the Arctic, Gentleman, Executive Man, and Ozark Mountain.

I also like their Aftershave Splashes with Menthol added: I keep Gentleman and Executive Man on hand.

Yesterday's Shave

[Image: SOTD%209-20-16_zps4qps6izi.jpg]

4 2,693
 09-21-2016, 09:52 AM
User Info
I tried a few Stirling soaps and did not see much difference between them.
My favorite is Orange Chill during hot summer. You will enjoy with any product from Stirling.

1 52
 09-21-2016, 12:38 PM
User Info
It's hard to go wrong.

0 596
 09-21-2016, 07:42 PM
User Info
(09-21-2016, 05:27 AM)Coyote Wrote: I have tried most of them over the past several years and use Stirling Bath Soap daily.

My favorite shave soaps are: Margaritas in the Arctic, Gentleman, Executive Man, and Ozark Mountain.

I also like their Aftershave Splashes with Menthol added: I keep Gentleman and Executive Man on hand.

Yesterday's Shave

[Image: SOTD%209-20-16_zps4qps6izi.jpg]

Love that fat handle tech!  And I love MITA too.

2 133
 09-22-2016, 04:39 AM
User Info
Stirling is fantastic.  Some of the slickest artisan soap I've ever used.  Additionally, its probably the best value of artisan soap out there price per ounce.  I also love that they give you a whole slice of puck for samples which gives you a wonderful ease of lathering.  As mentioned by another poster, I think their bath soap is fantastic.  All around Stirling is just a great value and i would highly recommend it.  Barbershop, Bay Rum, Executive Man all great stuff.

1 468
 09-22-2016, 01:00 PM
User Info
I have the following soaps Stirling Shave Soap, Ozark Mountains and Tuscany both 4.5 oz refill, Island Man 5.8 jar.  Great soaps great fragrances.  I think they all perform the same but have different scents.

0 236
 09-22-2016, 02:24 PM
User Info
(09-19-2016, 03:04 PM)Slim Wrote:
I've been wanting to give Stirling soaps a try. They have so many scents to chose from. Aside from the different scents: Do a'll the soaps perform the same? Or do some have more superior ingredients that make them better performers? As far as slickness cushion ect.. I was wandering about the sandalwood, and the sandalwood vanilla??

Yes and no.

Most soaps have similar ingredients, but there are a few differences. Firstly, Scots Pine Sheep and Electric sheep are made from mutton tallow, rather than beef tallow. The performance of these soaps is like 10 steps above that of their "standard" line, but the trade off is that they stink of animal fat. This is probably why mutton tallow doesn't get used for anything else. Secondly, there is a wide range of frangrances to choose from, and some are EO-based, while others are FO-based. This is a big deal if you have skin sensitivities. I think that Stirling's sandalwood smells fantastic, but the FO blend irritated the hell out of my skin.

3 196
 09-22-2016, 06:05 PM
User Info
I am a fan of Creed Green Irish Tweed, but I don't get it too much with their Sharp Dressed Man, at least the one I have. However I really like Stirling's Piacenza. Love it.

10 1,131
 09-22-2016, 06:31 PM
User Info
Stirling released their fall line this week.  Hot Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice, an Autumn Glory.  Yep, ordered them all.  Love that Stirling lather.

2 133
 09-22-2016, 06:43 PM
User Info
(09-22-2016, 06:31 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: Stirling released their fall line this week.  Hot Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice, an Autumn Glory.  Yep, ordered them all.  Love that Stirling lather.

If you think of it, I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on Autumn Glory.

0 229
 09-23-2016, 08:24 AM
User Info
(09-19-2016, 07:57 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: I absolutely love Stirling and own a bunch.  I value a creamy lather over a cool whip texture and I hunt for slick soaps.  Stirling is in my top tier.  As far as ingredients go I believe only Stirlings sheep soaps differ in the base but all lather well for me although the glacials with heavy menthol take a bit more,product and a bit more elbow grease.  Rod sells samples which is a great way to find the scents you enjoy.

Exactly.

I've tried the Vanilla Sandalwood, which I enjoyed.  My favorites are Barbershop and the 3 Creed-inspired scents (Sharp Dressed Man, Mountain Man, and Executive Man).

I did not particularly enjoy the Bay Rum, MITA, Gatlinburg, or Ozark.

1 296
 09-23-2016, 11:21 AM
User Info

I agree totally with above. I tried both the regular Sandalwood & Vanilla Sandalwood and to Me the Vanilla Sandalwood is a much nicer scent but both perform the same, EXCELLENT!

3 40