09-27-2016, 07:56 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Gents,

It always pains me to sell one of my precious brushes, but on occasion one has to go, to make room for other purchases.

Today I'm selling a Simpson's M7 Manchurian in the beautiful black marble resin:

[Image: mvVvkKS.jpg]

[Image: mNVmWZi.jpg]

Brush is in excellent condition, was used 3 or 4 times, and I don't remember the last time it shed a hair (if it ever did). Bristles are soft but strong, providing a pleasant face feel with some backbone.
Comes with original box and papers. Knot specs are 24,5 x 52mm.

Brush cost me £240 (plus shipping) or $310, asking price is $280  [b]$260  $240.  SOLD

WORLDWIDE SHIPPING W/ TRACKING included, payment by PayPal. No trades, please.

Cheers,

David[/b]

26 4,953
 09-27-2016, 10:41 AM
User Info
I know the brush cost you $310 plus shipping, but that was when Britain was still an EU member, and included VAT or other taxes which we're not exposed to in the US. Current cost on M7s in Manchurian landed in the US is $273 or $286, depending on handle material, and that's what may make this a bit on the high side for stateside buyers. They currently show Strawberry Swirl and Italian Marble in stock on the website. On the other hand, that is a really handsome brush in the Black Marble.

8 103
 09-28-2016, 06:26 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Thank you for your comment, I've adjusted the price taking into account the regular price for US members, which made it even more interesting for EU based members. On a side note, you do realize the UK is still an EU member, right?

26 4,953
 09-28-2016, 07:06 AM
User Info
(09-28-2016, 06:26 AM)TheMonk Wrote: Thank you for your comment, I've adjusted the price taking into account the regular price for US members, which made it even more interesting for EU based members. On a side note, you do realize the UK is still an EU member, right?

Yes, I do know the UK is still an EU member. I didn't construct that comment very well, did I? And I also realize that the eventual implementation of Brexit will in no way have a major effect on local taxation (individual EU countries or the EU as an economic entity). My purpose was to illustrate the effect of the very different taxation schemes of the EU and the US and the effect this has on the purchase price here. I think you made a wise choice in your price reduction, and I wish you success on your sale. It's really a VERY handsome brush. Unfortunately I've made a few too many purchases of late, and will have to pass in order to not incur the wrath of SWMBO. Rolleyes

8 103
 09-30-2016, 02:10 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Another price drop on this beauty!

26 4,953