09-28-2016, 10:42 AM
User Info
I just had my first shave with an ATT S1 Slant, and am quite impressed in a couple of ways. First, when I got this head from Stan I got a Kronos handle as well. The balance with this handle seems to be much more to my liking than what I had experienced with a different ATT razor with an Atlas handle. I'm not completely sure if what I like is attributable to the increased weight (15 grams) or the longer length (3 1/2" versus 3"). I suspect they both contribute to my comfort level, as there is both more heft and a different balance to the razor. Whatever it is, I like it.

Second, the shave itself, the actual level of comfort on the face and the feeling of security after a couple of strokes was really good. I used a Med Prep with one prior shave, and got no nicks or cuts, only one small weeper on my upper lip that closed completely with a splash of hot water from the sink. After the first pass (pretty much WG) I veered away from my usual routine and went pretty much against the grain and then did 2 or 3 small touchups in normally difficult areas. I may not have gotten it BBS, but it was at least a high grade DFS. I was impressed, especially since I got very little feeling of irritation. 

The routine was an application of Proraso while the brush was soaking, a quick splash of warm water and then Cella for soap. Aftershave was a warm splash, a quick alum wipe, rinse again, then a cold splash. This was followed by a dab of Thayer's and then a splash of Floid Blue. All in all, a really nice shave. 

I have used both an old Merkur-like slant I have, and a recent 37 slant, and was never completely at ease with either of them even after a week or two's worth of shaves. This razor gave me a completely different feel, as well as a shave just as close as the two other slants I've got. The degree of comfort and feeling of (relative) security while shaving with the ATT S1 was an eye-opener. I don't imagine my experience is out of the normal reaction to this razor; I'd love to hear from some of you with experience using the S1 (or S2).

8 103
 09-28-2016, 11:43 AM
User Info
The ATT S1 is one of the best, super smooth. I also have the S2 and find it to be more efficient while sacrificing just a tad of smoothness. Both are excellent razors. 

I also have used the Ikon X3 and DLC Slant. Those were also nice. More aggressive than the ATT's, and also a smaller cutting window, but still nice razors.

1 18
 09-29-2016, 11:17 AM
User Info
I just finished up the second shave with the S1 and the result is better, although I think that was to be expected. This time I went XG, XG, & AG. I got the difficult (for me) area just behind my chin much better and only missed a complete BBS by a whisker (pun intended) on the very bottom of my neck. Very comfortable, smooth shave. This was a 3x med prep, Cella, and a Semogue boar. The Cella whipped up just fine and very quick. It gives me great cushion & glide and I love the scent. A splash of Thayer's and then a splash of Floid Blue, and I'm good to go.

I think while I may not have found the only answer, I certainly have found the razor that will stay in my den for good; along with my NDC SSs, this is one I can't imagine letting go. I'm sure there will be others, as I have got all the major ADs (and a few minor ones). Next up will be one of the next batch of BlackBirds. Then, who knows.... Smile

8 103