08-05-2012, 10:15 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
As the title says, of course on the Injectors that do not have a Hydromagic bar or the E-Types,etc. that have the movable lever.

I've read here that pushing a new blade in and using a pair of pliers will do the trick but A) that ends up wasting a new blade because I can never get it back into the injector cartridge and B) it also seems to distort the razor head a bit which concerns me.

I want to do this because I rotate through a lot of DE's and SE's and I don't like to continually leave a blade in multiple Injector razors for multiple reasons.

If anyone has come up with a definitive, works every time method, I'd really appreciate the info!

6 905
 08-05-2012, 10:30 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I have run into the same problem. If you use the Chinese made Schick injector cartridge you have a better chance at success since its made of metal instead of plastic (Personna). Try pushing the old blade out slightly with the cartridge and try to pull out the used blade with needle nose pliers. Put the cartridge on a flat solid surface and gently try to force the new blade back into the cartridge. Also if you have a eyeglass screwdriver (flat side) that can probably be used to push the old blade out of the injector far enough to pull it out with pliers.

100 12,436
 08-05-2012, 01:02 PM
User Info
The eye glass screwdriver method is what I use.

Follow Slantman's instructions on that.

1 2,827
 08-05-2012, 01:05 PM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
I'm sure I bought an Injector once that had a dummy plastic blade in it. Couldn't something like that be made and used?

0 132
 08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I will normally put the schick injector key into the slot and push it just enough to take the old blade out and I can push the new blade back into the key. I take the old blade and put it in a paper towel to load up again later.

116 3,804
 08-05-2012, 01:29 PM
User Info
I do what Dave does, mostly. The new one you have partially pushed out to push the old blade out of the razor can easily be pushed back into the injector box.

I take a flat head screwdriver or the flat blade of a Swiss Army knife and push down on the blades underneath and with my other hand push the new blade back into the injector box.

With the screwdriver, I line up the little slots of the blades, so they are in place again.

21 1,471
 08-05-2012, 01:31 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Thank you for clarifying for me Lindyhop. I wasn't quite sure what I wrote made sense and you cleaned it up for me.

116 3,804
 08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
User Info
(08-05-2012, 01:08 PM)Dave Wrote: I will normally put the schick injector key into the slot and push it just enough to take the old blade out and I can push the new blade back into the key. I take the old blade and put it in a paper towel to load up again later.

+1 This is what i used to do when i tried the SEs out for a short trial. It is not very difficult to do.

75 20,883
 08-05-2012, 03:49 PM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
You guys are terrific! I appreciate the advice very much.

The first time I tried to do it was with a vintage Injector box that came with a razor. I haven't tried yet with the Chinese Schick holder yet nor had I even thought to use any tools to help the blades back into the box. (Running for cover......)!

Thanks again!

Eric

6 905
 08-05-2012, 04:34 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I posted the Same thread at B&B when I got my first injector. I always take the blade out after a shave.

116 3,804
 08-05-2012, 07:39 PM
  • brian
  • I wear sandalwood sandles
  • THE SWAMP (Florida)
User Info
I'm thinking a pair of needle nose pliers will make this job much easier.
Does anybody have experience putting an injector blade back into the razor without the fancy blade holder?

11 366
 08-05-2012, 10:09 PM
User Info
(08-05-2012, 07:39 PM)brian Wrote: I'm thinking a pair of needle nose pliers will make this job much easier.
Does anybody have experience putting an injector blade back into the razor without the fancy blade holder?

*Brian, that is going to be a bit of a challenge. i will let the seasoned SE shavers chime in, here. Good luck, my friend.

75 20,883
 08-06-2012, 04:53 AM
User Info
I can't see how it could be done without damaging the razor for shaving. You don't want to pry the "lips" of the head apart to slip in the new blade and avoid the blade holder. You will open it too much on that end forever.

I've done that one. After that, you can't use pliers or anything to press the "lips" back as they were. Then the shave is dangerously poor and the razor useless. Just stick to the injector(blade holder).

21 1,471
 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(08-05-2012, 07:39 PM)brian Wrote: I'm thinking a pair of needle nose pliers will make this job much easier.
I would use a screwdriver to push down the blades in the dispenser and slide the one you want to re-use on top. I have done that with blades that came in a different kind of cartridge, without the key.

0 911
 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
when i removed mine i just put injector slide in, and a tweezer to catch corner of blade it fell right out,

on a side note if you have an open drain in sink, dont do this over sink as the blade will go right down the drain, just a thought no reason i brought it up

3 748
 08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Well, that's surely a good point because I made the mistake of letting a Feather Professional blade go down the drain after I removed it from my Cobra razor......

(08-07-2012, 09:00 AM)syngent Wrote: when i removed mine i just put injector slide in, and a tweezer to catch corner of blade it fell right out,

on a side note if you have an open drain in sink, dont do this over sink as the blade will go right down the drain, just a thought no reason i brought it up

6 905