10-03-2016, 01:22 AM
  • HMan
User Info
Reading the thread on the SWK Duo got me interested, fall is rolling in and it's getting cool for a Californian living in Helsinki, time to heat up the lather.
So I went ahead and jury rigged a Sierra Cup and bowl to make my own ghetto Duo. Works like a charm, is proof of principle and will serve me until my wife gets me the real thing for Christmas.

This is my first experience with warm lather, is it just me or does it seem to aid in slickness?  

[Image: 7DEpyZo.jpg]

0 22
 10-03-2016, 04:52 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Neat! 

I do something similar with an Old Spice mug snd a stainless steel Truefitt & Hill bowl. The mug only provides a small reservoir, but its sufficient. There's nothing like warm lather on a cold day!

[Image: aXEhxfo.png] 

[Image: Cl6nWm7.png]

99 18,011
 10-03-2016, 05:12 AM
User Info
Nice.

I have a nice two part African violet pot I picked up at the second hand store. I will have to get it out and start using it more as the seasons change.

10 1,436
 10-03-2016, 08:32 AM
  • HMan
User Info
(10-03-2016, 04:52 AM)ben74 Wrote: Neat! 

I do something similar with an Old Spice mug snd a stainless steel Truefitt & Hill bowl. The mug only provides a small reservoir, but its sufficient. There's nothing like warm lather on a cold day!

[Image: aXEhxfo.png] 

Much classier version, I love the Old Spice Cup, real old world charm there.

0 22
 10-10-2016, 11:43 AM
User Info
Very cool idea! Unrelated to this post, I purchased last week an gillette aristocrat jr. that was grouped with a brush and a Old Spice mug. Now I know what I want to do with it.

0 596
 10-10-2016, 12:16 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
  • Not to be PC, but be carefull with the word ghetto. My aunt Yola survived the Warsaw Uprising hiding in the sewer and always refered to South Central as her nieghbor Angelenos Winky

2 3,171
 10-10-2016, 03:20 PM
User Info
HMan is onto something...nice scuttle!

36 901
 10-14-2016, 02:12 AM
  • HMan
User Info
Follow up report:
After using this for a little bit, the only downside has been that the water tends to fall out of the foam. I've read in another post that some stainless can cause this. I've now reverted to just foaming in the ceramic bowl and putting it in the sink, partially filled with warm water. Works fine other than the occasional splash of water in the bowl. Foam does not break down as before.

This Christmas I hope to have photos of the genuine item to post.

Use of colloquialisms not meant to offend. If a man can't be himself in a shave group then where can he be?

0 22