10-03-2016, 02:39 AM
User Info
Today I received my order of 100 posilver DE blades,
I had a 2.5 day stubble, so I shaved using my Fat boy and the polsilver on one side and the same FT and a feather on the other side.
I have to say, I do like the polsilvers as much as the feathers. The difference was that the polsilver was not as sharp, but glided more effortlessly than the feather. I finished off the next 2 passes with the Schick E4 injector to a BBS finish. This E4 never ceases to amaze me, Such a tiny little razor and it beats almost everything put against it.It doesn't feel as hefty in the hand like the Fat Boys but still it gives me a great shave every time. Too bad the blades are so expensive.

0 313
 10-03-2016, 08:15 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
expensive is waiting for prices to escalate once supplies dwindle. Even more expensive is using a cheaper blade and looking like Rocky Balboa after Apollo Creed broke his nose.

2 3,171
 10-03-2016, 08:49 AM
User Info
(10-03-2016, 08:15 AM)kav Wrote: expensive is waiting for prices to escalate once supplies dwindle. Even more expensive is using a cheaper blade and looking like Rocky Balboa after Apollo Creed broke his nose.

Funny you say this,
This is how I looked right after my first ever DE shaving attempt.

0 313
 10-03-2016, 09:41 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(10-03-2016, 08:49 AM)kyproset Wrote:
(10-03-2016, 08:15 AM)kav Wrote: expensive is waiting for prices to escalate once supplies dwindle. Even more expensive is using a cheaper blade and looking like Rocky Balboa after Apollo Creed broke his nose.

Funny you say this,
This is how I looked right after my first ever DE shaving attempt.
If it's any consolation, you are not alone. Thankfully, my first DE shave was as a 14 year old in 1949 with only my father there to see me and laugh his head off at me. Being as bad as it was, it could only get better after that. Today, Polsilvers are one of several that i can put into my AS-D2 and not know what I'm shaving with. I won't miss them if they get out of my price range while the supply is diminishing. 

Too bad, though, they seemed like a popular blade, but maybe only among shaving enthusiasts. We just gotta go out and do more evangelizing!

0 363
 10-16-2016, 05:43 PM
User Info
(10-03-2016, 02:39 AM)kyproset Wrote: Today I received my order of 100 posilver DE blades,
I had a 2.5 day stubble, so I shaved using my Fat boy and the polsilver on one side and the same FT and a feather on the other side.
I have to say, I do like the polsilvers as much as the feathers. The difference was that the polsilver was not as sharp, but glided more effortlessly than the feather. I finished off the next 2 passes with the Schick E4 injector to a BBS finish. This E4 never ceases to amaze me, Such a tiny little razor and it beats almost everything put against it.It doesn't feel as hefty in the hand like the Fat Boys but still it gives me a great shave every time. Too bad the blades are so expensive.

It's true, Polsilvers are more "expensive" than other brands of blades (with Feathers being typically more "expensive" than Polsilvers).

However (and there's always a "however" in life), I don't think the best way to gauge the cost of a blade is in terms of "cost per blade."  

Rather, I think the best way to gauge a blade's cost is in terms of COST PER SHAVE.

Truth is, when analyzed on that basis (cost per SHAVE), Polsilvers are the least expensive of any blade I've purchased - because I get more quality shaves out of a pack of 100 Polsilvers than I do with any other brand.

0 401
 10-16-2016, 09:14 PM
User Info
How true.

0 313
 10-19-2016, 08:35 AM
User Info
Polsilver is my favorite blade, but like everything else subject to change. I have seen a lot of discussion about blades on a cost per shave basis, but never soaps or aftershaves. Aren't the latter two more expensive on a per shave basis than blades?

2 144
 10-19-2016, 11:55 AM
User Info
Just ordered a 100 off the bay for a good price. Never tried before, so looking forward to using them.

0 596
 10-19-2016, 11:26 PM
User Info
I really wanted to like them especially since they used to be made in Poland, where I'm from, but the few times I tried them it really wasn't a smooth shave, quite a bit of irritation instead Sad

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4 47
 06-11-2017, 03:42 AM
User Info
Very comfortable blade the polsiver. Feathers are my go to but polsiver are the only other I buy in bulk

0 87