10-05-2016, 05:43 AM
User Info
What is the Best Blade Combination For the Parker 99R/96R (TTO-Twist To Open Head) ?

Thank you very much ...[Image: thumbup1.gif]

0 58
 10-05-2016, 09:02 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
My only Parker is the opencomb with long barberpole handle. Parkers don't get much attention: A shame, as after early QC issues they produce very nice razors at excellent prices. I would search posts with Gillett Butterflies and blade combinations. For what it's worth; my OC loves russian blades with a little less finness than
Polsilvers; Rapiras, Voshkods, Ladas. That combination is like a cossack shashka; sharp, fast and you better know what your doing. Star-wars-smiley-023

2 3,171
 10-05-2016, 09:17 AM
User Info
(10-05-2016, 09:02 AM)kav Wrote: My only Parker is the opencomb with long barberpole handle. Parkers don't get much attention: A shame, as after early QC issues they produce very nice razors at excellent prices. I would search posts with Gillett Butterflies and blade combinations. For what it's worth; my OC loves russian blades with a little less finness than
Polsilvers; Rapiras, Voshkods, Ladas. That combination is like a cossack shashka; sharp, fast and you better know what your doing. Star-wars-smiley-023

the Parker TTO, and gillette TTO they have the same head ???

0 58
 10-05-2016, 09:27 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I do not know. But with similar mechanisms the blade seating should approximate each other. Your best bet is to just pick up some good samplers and experiment.

2 3,171
 10-07-2016, 06:17 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Truthfully, there isn't any "best" blade that anyone can point you to. All people will really do is recommend their personal "favorite" which is based on individual experience. That said, I don't use any blade with wax spots in my Gillette Red Tips. The wax wreaks havoc with the inside of the butterfly doors. Soap and whiskers seem to be attracted to the wax, and the mechanism gets all gummed up. Then again, I'm a cold water only shaver. Realistically, hot water would wash away the buildup, but that's not my bag. Y'see? Total YMMV.

4 1,903
 10-07-2016, 06:25 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
The Taramundi LE is the perfect tool for removing wax spots. The second edition should be available soon.

2 3,171
 10-07-2016, 06:27 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Never heard of it. Besides, it's not a big deal to me. Waxy blades work fine for me in 3 piece razors.

4 1,903