10-08-2016, 06:47 AM
User Info
i bought the AS-D2 a few weeks ago, and it is gorgeous ... but i dont seem to get a very close shave with it.
i think the blade is too conservative, but maybe i am not shaving properly??

people who have the AS-D2 can you please give me your feedback?
i dont get any nics or cuts, but i struggle to get a close shave.
i wonder if i am holding it at the proper angle?  i have played around with various angles.

thank you!

0 6
 10-08-2016, 07:14 AM
User Info
The AS-D2 is perhaps my favorite razor.  It took me a few days to figure out the right angle.  Move the razor handle away from your face and aim more for the top plate.  With time I discovered the effective shave angle which maximized the potential of any blade I used.  I no longer have to focus on the shave angle and I routinely get a wonderful shave.  This razor is everything you need and nothing more, give it a few days and hopefully you will feel the same.

0 229
 10-08-2016, 08:00 AM
User Info
(10-08-2016, 07:14 AM)Asafiev Wrote: The AS-D2 is perhaps my favorite razor.  It took me a few days to figure out the right angle.  Move the razor handle away from your face and aim more for the top plate.  With time I discovered the effective shave angle which maximized the potential of any blade I used.  I no longer have to focus on the shave angle and I routinely get a wonderful shave.  This razor is everything you need and nothing more, give it a few days and hopefully you will feel the same.

thank you

0 6
 10-08-2016, 09:02 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
The AS-D2 is very intuitive to just pick up and use--in that even inexperienced shavers can pick it up and get a decent and horror-free shave, but perhaps not the closest.  There is a sweet spot for this razor's angle that allows it to not only shave very smoothly, but also very efficiently.  Keep experimenting with different angles--it might take a little time, but once you get it you will be very pleased with its performance.

34 1,628
 10-08-2016, 10:06 AM
User Info
When you finally hit the sweet spot of the AS-D2 you will find no other razor that shaves closer. For me the best blade is a yellow box Gillette. Sometimes I can't believe how close this razor shaves, but the angle is very small. IT IS MY FAVORITE RAZOR! And, I have lots of razors to compare it with. Don't give up on your AS-D2, practice and find the "sweet spot".

0 33
 10-08-2016, 03:37 PM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
Most find that a shallow angle is best; I did. Also, because of the razor's inherent gentleness, it will tolerate more pressure than most other razors. Don't be afraid to go against the usual advice and give it a bit more pressure against your face. That will clean you up better and won't leave you looking like a newly slaughtered hog!

0 363
 10-08-2016, 04:23 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Shim it! That might help you.

5 527
 10-08-2016, 05:12 PM
User Info
Mild but efficient is the most common description for the AS-D2. For me, WTG then ATG with touch-ups as needed gets me a near BBS every time I use this razor. I prefer the Feather blade in this razor. Keep working on the angle and don't fear touch ups in tricky areas to get a close shave.

0 169
 10-09-2016, 07:19 AM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
I'm one of the ones who thought this was too mild. I don't want to work at a good shave, and that's how I felt when using this razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 313
 10-09-2016, 09:45 AM
User Info
This will always be very subjective as we all have different interpretations of things, in general. However, after having tried this razor, on three different occasions, I found it to be much too mild for me. Shy

82 21,056
 10-12-2016, 09:28 AM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
Sharp blade (feather). Angle. Skin stretching for corners.

Result will be close shave without razor burn.

17 535