10-08-2016, 11:21 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
Each of the following Personna blades are labeled "Platinum Chrome."  Are they all made in Israel or the U.S.?  Are they actually the same blades or not?  Why can't a company of this size and reputation clarify this unnecessary and unproductive confusion?

[Image: nR16B9S.jpg]  [Image: TsQ9ZRD.jpg]

[Image: u1iAUow.jpg]

1 795
 10-08-2016, 03:05 PM
User Info
The ones on the right and bottom are the same blades, and conventionally known as 'Personna Red' (made in Israel). The ones on the left are known as 'Personna Barber blades' and I don't know where they're made, but they are pretty universally agreed to be inferior to the other ones. There is a third option which you will see labelled as 'Crystal' or 'Super+Platinum' which is on the same level as the Personna Red, but some people prefer the Crystal Super+Platinum and some prefer the Red. The Crystal is made in Israel.

Best regards

J

[Image: 4151G3MQYzL.jpg]

5 90
 10-08-2016, 03:07 PM
User Info
There are another 2 models that are actually made in the USA, called Personna Lab and Personna Med Prep (or "Hospital Use"). You can buy these from Robbins instruments, and other vendors. I don't personally prefer them, I think the Israeli ones are more to my taste, but some folks swear by them. They come in a darker wrapper.

Cheers

J

[Image: med-lab.jpg]

5 90
 10-08-2016, 05:21 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
A few years ago I bought a 250 box of Med Preps from Robbins and they sucked-or were defective or mislabeled.  Plus, I think the barber blades are stainless steel, not Platinum Chrome:

[Image: b6Y8TaF.jpg]

1 795
 10-09-2016, 01:35 AM
User Info
If they have the two little arrows, they're Barbers

5 90