10-08-2016, 12:14 PM
User Info
Sorry gentlemen, but I found out the link only works if you are a subscriber to the Wall Street Journal.

When I read this article in the Wall Street Journal in April of this year, I immediately thought it would be good to post here on TSN.  Now I'm finally getting around to posting it.  It's quite interesting, the way Gillette trains these guys and how they must shave every morning at Gillette headquarters, with every detail of their shave being micro managed.

I think you'll enjoy reading it.    

http://www.wsj.com/articles/for-cutting-...1460323470

50 6,100
 10-08-2016, 03:30 PM
User Info
You can only read the article if you are a WSJ subscriber.

I cancelled my subscription with them for this exact reason.

0 52
 10-08-2016, 03:32 PM
User Info
That sounds like a dream job!

28 781
 10-08-2016, 06:49 PM
User Info
(10-08-2016, 03:32 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: That sounds like a dream job!

I dunno... They probably make you use a 10-bladed cart hooked up to a car battery. Smile

0 1,072
 10-08-2016, 07:05 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I cancelled my subscription when they  began a media campaign of climate change denial. Hows the weather over there?

2 3,171
 10-08-2016, 07:17 PM
User Info
Brian's comment was funny.

The WSJ has really good business content.  The frustration for me came when I would read great articles, want to share them, usually with my customer base, only to find that you can't do that without paying a zillion dollar licensing fee. 

Having said that, I would like to see this shaving lab.  Wouldn't want to have to shave with the 25 blade electro monsters and canned Gillette shaving cream, but it would still be cool to see it.

0 52
 10-09-2016, 03:23 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
One would think they would test competing shaving systems, as well, including other Carts. DE, SE, etc. Maybe their insistence on carts, nowadays, blinds them to their former position in the industry.

The WSJ is stupid to deny climate change. After accounting for the fact that climate is weather over time, and weather is obviously changing, climate must and is changing. What we as political conservatives deny (with good science as our back-up) is global warming and man's responsibility in the cooling and/or warming of the planet.

0 363
 10-09-2016, 03:42 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(10-09-2016, 03:23 AM)beamon Wrote: One would think they would test competing shaving systems, as well, including other Carts. DE, SE, etc. Maybe their insistence on carts, nowadays, blinds them to their former position in the industry.

The WSJ is stupid to deny climate change. After accounting for the fact that climate is weather over time, and weather is obviously changing, climate must and is changing. What we as political conservatives deny (with good science as our back-up) is global warming and man's responsibility in the cooling and/or warming of the planet.

very well stated, my friend.

168 1,387