01-11-2017, 08:58 AM
User Info
I'm about 5 shaves in with the Rx.  I am really enjoying this razor.  Typical shave is two pass WTG/ATG with a Kai Mild.  I have learned to resist the urge to buff and have stuck with long, consistent strokes, no pressure.  Extremely close shave with no irritation.  Great razor.

9 554
 01-11-2017, 09:26 AM
User Info
(01-10-2017, 11:34 AM)Nuki Man Wrote: I used mine daily for about 6 weeks and I settled on the Schick Proline P-30 AC blades.  I've seen a few guys indicate that they are using a steep angle, but I'm doing the opposite.  I like to get the head of the razor almost flat against my cheek.  I find that the head actually helps stretch the skin and I get a nice smooth feeling by having the blade almost parallel to my face.

Your experience approximates mine.  But at first I had trouble.  I emailed Phil about the angle to hold it, and his reply was: 

"I think the key with the Rx is to use zero pressure and to maintain a relaxed hand. If you do this, the correct angle will become readily apparent. I really do not think about the angle at all; it just seems intuitive. If you over think it you will have a tendency to bear down and to have a rigid hand which will derail your shave.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Phil"

After I adopted Phil's technique, I got Straight-Razor like efficiency, with no nicks, etc [AND this is with a Feather Pro blade, not a ProGuard blade].  And what I feel is that the safety bar naturally rides on my face, and thus gives the skin some stretch, as you point out.  The main part of Phil's email that helped me was the "relaxed hand" advice.  When using a relaxed hand, everything fell into place.  Plus, if one uses the ProGuard blades, the razor is even more forgiving of user error.

0 108
 01-11-2017, 09:29 AM
User Info
(01-11-2017, 08:58 AM)wreck | fish Wrote: I'm about 5 shaves in with the Rx.  I am really enjoying this razor.  Typical shave is two pass WTG/ATG with a Kai Mild.  I have learned to resist the urge to buff and have stuck with long, consistent strokes, no pressure.  Extremely close shave with no irritation.  Great razor.

I too am using long strokes, and no buffing.  With this efficient of a razor, not really much need to buff, and possibly irritate the skin.  Good tip.  Thank you!

0 108
 01-12-2017, 09:52 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I thought you might like to see a shot of the Rx during production. Another batch is in process and I hope to receive shipment soon.

[Image: YSz9YO0.jpg]

45 17,041
 01-12-2017, 10:04 AM
User Info
(01-12-2017, 09:52 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I thought you might like to see a shot of the Rx during production. Another batch is in process and I hope to receive shipment soon.

Awesome!

9 554
 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM
User Info
Cool!!

0 108
 01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
User Info
Very nice, thank you Phil.

0 175
 01-30-2017, 04:45 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I use this razor very often lately. It's my number 1 choice anymore. Simply excellent.

I'm sure the upcoming Asulym DE would be equally good and I'm tempted to be honest.

48 1,877
 01-30-2017, 04:59 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 04:45 AM)nikos.a Wrote: I use this razor very often lately. It's my number 1 choice anymore. Simply excellent.

I'm sure the upcoming Asulym DE would be equally good and I'm tempted to be honest.
You have the Oneblade also, how do they compare?

0 175
 01-30-2017, 05:16 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(01-30-2017, 04:59 AM)kyproset Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:45 AM)nikos.a Wrote: I use this razor very often lately. It's my number 1 choice anymore. Simply excellent.

Hi Kypros,

I have this razor as well. They are great, but quite different, razors. The biggest disadvantage of the OneBlade is the blade availability. It's the major problem actually. Only a few vendors carry them worldwide and now you can't order them from Connaught. G&C has them, but they're more expensive and I'm not sure how long they will carry them. Also, the blade doesn't last for more than one-two good shaves, so it's very expensive for just two uses. GEMs will need further modification to fit in the new version which is more expensive that the V1. The AC type blades last about 10-12 shaves. Finally, the OneBlade is a very mild razor comparing it to the other SE razors and that's a reason why many gentlemen sold their OneBlades after a few uses.

48 1,877
 01-30-2017, 05:37 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 05:16 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:59 AM)kyproset Wrote:

Hi Kypros,

I have this razor as well. They are great, but quite different, razors. The biggest disadvantage of the OneBlade is the blade availability. It's the major problem actually. Only a few vendors carry them worldwide and now you can't order them from Connaught. G&C has them, but they're more expensive and I'm not sure how long they will carry them. Also, the blade doesn't last for more than one-two good shaves, so it's very expensive for just two uses. GEMs will need further modification to fit in the new version which is more expensive that the V1. The AC type blades last about 10-12 shaves. Finally, the OneBlade is a very mild razor comparing it to the other SE razors and that's a reason why many gentlemen sold their OneBlades after a few uses.

Hi again Niko,

Connaught will sell me the AC blade as there is no other vendor for Cyprus. Maybe you can e-mail them also and ask. In fact I have an order for AC blades coming my way as we speak (well write). I don't know if the de-spined Gem will lock in the V1 of the oneblade as I bought one second hand.

0 175
 01-30-2017, 05:43 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(01-30-2017, 05:37 AM)kyproset Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 05:16 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:59 AM)kyproset Wrote: You have the Oneblade also, how do they compare?

Hi Kypros,

Hi again Niko,

Connaught will sell me the AC blade as there is no other vendor for Cyprus. Maybe you can e-mail them also and ask. In fact I have an order for AC blades coming my way as we speak (well write). I don't know if the de-spined Gem will lock in the V1 of the oneblade as I bought one second hand.

Kypro, you mean the Feather FHS? These are the blades that the OneBlade takes. I tried to order a few from Connaught and I was informed that they won't ship them to Greece. There is no vendor that carries them here either.

48 1,877
 02-01-2017, 05:05 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 05:43 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 05:37 AM)kyproset Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 05:16 AM)nikos.a Wrote: Hi Kypros,

Hi again Niko,

Kypro, you mean the Feather FHS? These are the blades that the OneBlade takes. I tried to order a few from Connaught and I was informed that they won't ship them to Greece. There is no vendor that carries them here either.

Please email Feather & advised them you can't purchase the FHS-10 in Greece. Ask them if you can buy from another EU agent & hopefully they will refer you to me. overseas@feather.co.jp

1 133
 02-01-2017, 05:14 AM
User Info
Yes Niko,

this is the same advise I got from Paul.  I sent them an e-mail and the Feather company even thanked me for using their products and gave the green light to Paul to send me any feathers I choose. I have some on the way in fact right now.

0 175
 02-07-2017, 04:49 PM
User Info
I have been using the RX razor for a few months now and I wanted to share my thoughts on it. At first I was using Feather pro blades and the shaves were not that great. I then switched to Kai captain mild blades and then everything clicked. Now, I really enjoy the shaves I am getting. The razor is very smooth and provides a very comfortable shave! 

Note: Phil at Bullgoose provides excellent customer service. I ordered the razor and it was in my hands the next day!

1 15
 02-07-2017, 05:00 PM
User Info
(02-07-2017, 04:49 PM)theheroforhire Wrote: I have been using the RX razor for a few months now and I wanted to share my thoughts on it. At first I was using Feather pro blades and the shaves were not that great. I then switched to Kai captain mild blades and then everything clicked. Now, I really enjoy the shaves I am getting. The razor is very smooth and provides a very comfortable shave! 

Note: Phil at Bullgoose provides excellent customer service. I ordered the razor and it was in my hands the next day!

My experience as well.  Kai milds are my preferred blade.

9 554
 02-07-2017, 10:24 PM
User Info
I use the pro guard to good effect but today I'll try the Kai MG for comparison.

0 175
 02-13-2017, 02:04 PM
User Info
I just ordered it 5 minutes ago,as I noticed it was back in stock. I love SE razors and am very excited. Phil says it will be to me in Florida in 2 days. Gotta love his fast shipping on every order placed.
I will report back after I learn this razor,as I know there is a learning curve from other SE razors. I'm pumped!!!!

1 101
 02-13-2017, 02:23 PM
User Info
(02-13-2017, 02:04 PM)beisler Wrote: I just ordered it 5 minutes ago,as I noticed it was back in stock. I love SE razors and am very excited. Phil says it will be to me in Florida in 2 days. Gotta love his fast shipping on every order placed.
I will report back after I learn this razor,as I know there is a learning curve from other SE razors. I'm pumped!!!!

Enjoy Barry.  It's a great razor.

9 554
 02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
User Info
(01-12-2017, 09:52 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I thought you might like to see a shot of the Rx during production. Another batch is in process and I hope to receive shipment soon.

(02-13-2017, 02:23 PM)wreck | fish Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 02:04 PM)beisler Wrote: I just ordered it 5 minutes ago,as I noticed it was back in stock. I love SE razors and am very excited. Phil says it will be to me in Florida in 2 days. Gotta love his fast shipping on every order placed.

Enjoy Barry.  It's a great razor.

Thanks Tom---I am excited,one of those up top is mine Biggrin

1 101