01-11-2017, 08:58 AM
User Info
I'm about 5 shaves in with the Rx.  I am really enjoying this razor.  Typical shave is two pass WTG/ATG with a Kai Mild.  I have learned to resist the urge to buff and have stuck with long, consistent strokes, no pressure.  Extremely close shave with no irritation.  Great razor.

2 98
 01-11-2017, 09:26 AM
User Info
(01-10-2017, 11:34 AM)Nuki Man Wrote: I used mine daily for about 6 weeks and I settled on the Schick Proline P-30 AC blades.  I've seen a few guys indicate that they are using a steep angle, but I'm doing the opposite.  I like to get the head of the razor almost flat against my cheek.  I find that the head actually helps stretch the skin and I get a nice smooth feeling by having the blade almost parallel to my face.

Your experience approximates mine.  But at first I had trouble.  I emailed Phil about the angle to hold it, and his reply was: 

"I think the key with the Rx is to use zero pressure and to maintain a relaxed hand. If you do this, the correct angle will become readily apparent. I really do not think about the angle at all; it just seems intuitive. If you over think it you will have a tendency to bear down and to have a rigid hand which will derail your shave.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Phil"

After I adopted Phil's technique, I got Straight-Razor like efficiency, with no nicks, etc [AND this is with a Feather Pro blade, not a ProGuard blade].  And what I feel is that the safety bar naturally rides on my face, and thus gives the skin some stretch, as you point out.  The main part of Phil's email that helped me was the "relaxed hand" advice.  When using a relaxed hand, everything fell into place.  Plus, if one uses the ProGuard blades, the razor is even more forgiving of user error.

0 61
 01-11-2017, 09:29 AM
User Info
(01-11-2017, 08:58 AM)wreck | fish Wrote: I'm about 5 shaves in with the Rx.  I am really enjoying this razor.  Typical shave is two pass WTG/ATG with a Kai Mild.  I have learned to resist the urge to buff and have stuck with long, consistent strokes, no pressure.  Extremely close shave with no irritation.  Great razor.

I too am using long strokes, and no buffing.  With this efficient of a razor, not really much need to buff, and possibly irritate the skin.  Good tip.  Thank you!

0 61
 01-12-2017, 09:52 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I thought you might like to see a shot of the Rx during production. Another batch is in process and I hope to receive shipment soon.

[Image: YSz9YO0.jpg]

45 16,587
 01-12-2017, 10:04 AM
User Info
(01-12-2017, 09:52 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I thought you might like to see a shot of the Rx during production. Another batch is in process and I hope to receive shipment soon.

[Image: YSz9YO0.jpg]

Awesome!

2 98
 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM
User Info
Cool!!

0 61
 01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
User Info
Very nice, thank you Phil.

0 140