02-13-2017, 09:26 PM
User Info
(02-13-2017, 04:31 PM)beisler Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 09:52 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I thought you might like to see a shot of the Rx during production. Another batch is in process and I hope to receive shipment soon.

[Image: YSz9YO0.jpg]

(02-13-2017, 02:23 PM)wreck | fish Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 02:04 PM)beisler Wrote: I just ordered it 5 minutes ago,as I noticed it was back in stock. I love SE razors and am very excited. Phil says it will be to me in Florida in 2 days. Gotta love his fast shipping on every order placed.
I will report back after I learn this razor,as I know there is a learning curve from other SE razors. I'm pumped!!!!

Enjoy Barry.  It's a great razor.

Thanks Tom---I am excited,one of those up top is mine Biggrin
It is a great razor, it doesn't shaves like  the other SE's, but more like a str8 with a handle.. It has a learning curve to it, but once mastered you will love the way it shaves. I use it with the Kai MG.

0 175
 02-15-2017, 01:34 PM
User Info
Unbelievable----I ordered the Rx from Phil at 3PM on Monday. It left Torrence CA at 7PM and was delivered to my house in Tampa FL 37 hours later. Thanks Phil---- The bad news is it wasn't supposed to come this early,so I gave myself a nice shave yesterday and have nothing to shave today---will try to wait to tommorow to use it

1 101
 02-16-2017, 05:21 AM
User Info
(02-15-2017, 01:34 PM)beisler Wrote: Unbelievable----I ordered the Rx from Phil at 3PM on Monday. It left Torrence CA at 7PM and was delivered to my house in Tampa FL 37 hours later. Thanks Phil---- The bad news is it wasn't supposed to come this early,so I gave myself a nice shave yesterday and have nothing to shave today---will try to wait to tommorow to use it

You have legs Barry. Tongue

0 140
 02-16-2017, 07:09 AM
User Info
(02-16-2017, 05:21 AM)White Tuna Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 01:34 PM)beisler Wrote: Unbelievable----I ordered the Rx from Phil at 3PM on Monday. It left Torrence CA at 7PM and was delivered to my house in Tampa FL 37 hours later. Thanks Phil---- The bad news is it wasn't supposed to come this early,so I gave myself a nice shave yesterday and have nothing to shave today---will try to wait to tommorow to use it

You have legs Barry. Tongue

Now that's funny. Biggrin

1 101
 02-16-2017, 10:29 AM
User Info
[Image: 2Epy1CN.jpg][Image: 8xhm50E.jpg] New Hey guys--Had my initial shave with the RX late last night-- I used my chubby 2 synth,La Savonniere du Moulin Donkey Milk Shaving Soap,and as always, I face lather. After reading every thread on every site I could find about this razor, I decided to do something I have never done before. I had an unused,feather proguard blade from a sample pack I bought when I first started using the artist club blades a couple of years ago. My go to blades for all my other razors are either a feather-pro or super-pro,depending on the aggression level of the razor. After reading about the RX shaving like a straight ,I decided my first shave, I would use the proguard. I did my usual 3 pass WTG,XTG.ATG shave and when I was done I was amazed by the smoothness and the closeness of this razor. I threw the guarded blade away,as I know I won't be needing it any longer. I would compare the shave of the RX with the guarded blade to the shave I get with the General (which I love) using a super-pro.So now, I can't wait for the second shave,where I will use the feather-pro and I would expect an even closer shave. I really judge razors by the longevity of the BBS and 14 hours after using the guarded blade, I am impressed. So glad I bought this razor, I expect it will probably be the one I use most and the best of my shavers.--Phil---Thanks again and congrats on producing this dream razor----It took a lot of your time and it is just a great,great shave.

1 101
 02-16-2017, 10:35 AM
User Info
(02-16-2017, 10:29 AM)beisler Wrote: [Image: 2Epy1CN.jpg][Image: 8xhm50E.jpg] New Hey guys--Had my initial shave with the RX late last night-- I used my chubby 2 synth,La Savonniere du Moulin Donkey Milk Shaving Soap,and as always, I face lather. After reading every thread on every site I could find about this razor, I decided to do something I have never done before. I had an unused,feather proguard blade from a sample pack I bought when I first started using the artist club blades a couple of years ago. My go to blades for all my other razors are either a feather-pro or super-pro,depending on the aggression level of the razor. After reading about the RX shaving like a straight ,I decided my first shave, I would use the proguard. I did my usual 3 pass WTG,XTG.ATG shave and when I was done I was amazed by the smoothness and the closeness of this razor. I threw the guarded blade away,as I know I won't be needing it any longer. I would compare the shave of the RX with the guarded blade to the shave I get with the General (which I love) using a super-pro.So now, I can't wait for the second shave,where I will use the feather-pro and I would expect an even closer shave. I really judge razors by the longevity of the BBS and 14 hours after using the guarded blade, I am impressed. So glad I bought this razor, I expect it will probably be the one I use most and the best of my shavers.--Phil---Thanks again and congrats on producing this dream razor----It took a lot of your time and it is just a great,great shave.
I use mine with the Kai MG as the pro is too aggressive YMMV. The MG in my opinion is smoother than the  pro guard The General I use either with the pro or super pro.

0 175
 02-28-2017, 06:50 PM
User Info
I got on board with my Rx on its maiden voyage with me last night. I only had an AC super pro to choose from as that's what I've used to good effect in the RR Hawk. I'm not ashamed to admit my shaving hand shook a few times, but it was a bloodless foray with a DFS result. I could have tried for BBS, but I'm a 2-pass shaver by design, and the super pro was simply too aggressive to take another pass for me. I'm picking up a pack of AC pros tomorrow and will try those. Hearing about the success others have had with Kai Mild blades, I'm tempted to try those if the pros prove too much. I'm hoping this is my daily 2-pass razor. It certainly has the looks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

0 40
 02-28-2017, 07:53 PM
User Info
Holy moly!  Feather Pro Supers in the Rx?  I'm scared just thinking about it!

9 529
 03-19-2017, 06:01 PM
User Info
(02-28-2017, 07:53 PM)wreck | fish Wrote: Holy moly!  Feather Pro Supers in the Rx?  I'm scared just thinking about it!
@wreck | fish was very kind and sent me two each of the Kai Mild and Feather Pro Guards to try. I found the Kai Mild to be very smooth and sharp without making the razor overly aggressive. In fact, I'd say they perform very close to the Feather Pros in my experience. The Pro Guards I simply didn't care for as I found them not effective in providing a close shave and, ironically, gave me more nicks. Probably just me, but the sharper blades seem to perform better with less chance to cut me. This may be due to a level of subconscious, careful attention I don't use with less sharp blades. Regardless, thank you, sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

0 40
 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM
User Info
Glad it worked out Cy!

9 529