10-11-2016, 07:35 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I've enjoyed being a part of shaving forums/groups for the last several years, as member/moderator/administrator.
I truly value the merits of TSN, and its leadership.
I must say, I'm troubled by the less than objective, and biased rhetoric displayed by some rogue folks.
Yes, people have been banned from TSN; for good reason.  For them to find solace in other venues to rant about TSN is at best, questionable; the fact remains, they have been banned from TSN, with consensus from the moderation team, for good reason.
I am disgusted with the behavior of some of these banned people, voicing their idiotic rants wherever, because in my opinion such behavior exemplifies the merits, or lack thereof, of these individuals.
And further, any forum/group that allows/condones such behavior is questionable in my opinion.
I truly value TSN and its loyal membership; I say kudos to keeping TSN principled in its goals.

102 18,647
 10-11-2016, 07:40 PM
User Info
Well said as always and I agree 100%

20 1,335
 10-11-2016, 07:48 PM
User Info
 10-11-2016, 08:03 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I look back on some of my posts and wonder how I avoided being banned. I can only say mea culpa and again ask forgiveness for any hurt or ill spoken word.
I too, was made aware of the unamed poster. I've been doing some offsite legwork to  hinder two other recently banned scalpers from  acquiring product.
It is small reciprocity for this forum's generosity.  I was deeply offended at the implication my Mergress won in one of many contests was some under the table
exchange. I was frying two bigger fish. This fingerling isn't even catch and release. Let him be a big fish in ponds made small by his splashing.

2 3,171
 10-11-2016, 08:12 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Ravi, in my experience ranting occasionally in private to a spouse or close friend is cathartic and cleansing when it doesn't hurt others. Sometimes people lose control. It's human nature.
It seems you're referring to a controversy to which I'm obviously oblivious. This is the only shaving forum of which I'm an active member. Yes, I surf other sites once in a blue moon, but really, I just lurk for a few minutes and head on back here. I've made probably half a dozen posts on all the other fora combined in over two years. TSN is a warm and friendly place in my book. I'm not one to agitate, and just appreciate the usually well spoken/written, gentlemanly comments of other members. Initially I came to the forum to learn about the history and art of pogonotomy, but it's become more than that.

7 2,120
 10-11-2016, 08:40 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Amazing, I dropped by and saw banned scalper MURRELLINGTON active at said site and several members of this forum oblivious to his ability to injure the greater shaving community there also. Doubt reminded me of the union color bearer who reached the confederate breastworks only to be waved back by johny rebs declining to fire on him. He looked over his shoulder and the entire company was dead or in full retreat.

2 3,171
 10-11-2016, 08:44 PM
User Info
We are all witness to some of the self sponsored muck throwning championships by some rogue members (ex members) over trivial issues on who got the razor and who didn't,whose soap is better and whose is not blah blah blah. We still see some posts wherein the responses are out of line and are pointed.

IMO people who troll thru such forums are in a low life state blinded either by anger or their egos. If we all start to consciously respect the person in front of us and be warm in responding to the objections, we will be saving a lot of time and energy wasted trying to prove who is superior.

Having said that, yes, someone has to do the cleansing act. Full points to the moderators on keeping TSN a gentlemanly forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 795
 10-12-2016, 12:50 AM
User Info
(10-11-2016, 07:35 PM)Agravic Wrote: I've enjoyed being a part of shaving forums/groups for the last several years, as member/moderator/administrator.
I truly value the merits of TSN, and its leadership.
I must say, I'm troubled by the less than objective, and biased rhetoric displayed by some rogue folks.
Yes, people have been banned from TSN; for good reason.  For them to find solace in other venues to rant about TSN is at best, questionable; the fact remains, they have been banned from TSN, with consensus from the moderation team, for good reason.
I am disgusted with the behavior of some of these banned people, voicing their idiotic rants wherever, because in my opinion such behavior exemplifies the merits, or lack thereof, of these individuals.
And further, any forum/group that allows/condones such behavior is questionable in my opinion.
I truly value TSN and its loyal membership; I say kudos to keeping TSN principled in its goals.

Just keep in mind, however. Those banned members love seeing this type of "publicity." It shows then we are bothered by their actions elsewhere, when really we are not.

Just my two cents.

16 230
 10-12-2016, 04:16 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I don't know why but, as I see it, some people act like they actually want to get banned. I mean what they expect after all, when they belittle fellow members and blame the community for various things.

49 1,995