08-06-2012, 05:56 AM
User Info
I am considering a Chubby 2 in Two Band... I prefer 2 band over Best and Super grades as it has softer tips in my experience... I wonder how the face feel of a Chubby 2 in 2 band would be, as soft as a Duke 3/58 in Two Band or much more scrubby due to density/loft size... Or would you go with PJ3 instead?
Anybody want to share their experience/recommendation?

28 1,517
 08-06-2012, 06:46 AM
User Info
Hello. i have a Chubby 1 two-band Super and i used to have a Duke 3 two-band. i would say that they have almost the same feel except that i find the Chubby a bit denser and, possibly, softer. i have not tried the Chubby 2, yet. These are always very hard queries to answer as everything is always so subjective. Why don't you just buy both of them to fulfill your question.Biggrin

74 20,795
 08-06-2012, 08:40 AM
User Info
My experience with Simpsons 2 band is similar to what everyone else reports. Slightly more backbone to super and slightly more scritch, but not really noticeable.

It's actually extremely close to regular super. I would suggest just going all the way to Manchurian or stay with super. Just my opinion though. I don't have unlimited funds and so much pick and choose carefully.

9 2,987
 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM
User Info
I have chubby 2's in best, super and 2 band. The 2 band is the stiffest and feels the smallest on the face. It absolutely kills soap!

Out of the 3, it's probably my favourite.

7 1,176
 08-06-2012, 09:11 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
If you have set your mind on a Chubby 2 super badger two band,go for it and let us know how does it performs for you.It seems its Dipesh's favorite brush,and the guy knows about brushes...

86 7,123