Poll: Pinaud Clubman VS Aqua Velva Ice Blue VS Skin Bracer
 11-29-2016, 08:21 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
My Dad used Skin Bracer, I was raised on Skin Bracer, and I used Skin Bracer for nearly 45 years before I discovered shaving forums.  It is still in my rotation along with my Floid Blue and others.

175 23,752
 11-29-2016, 10:51 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I've used all three, but the one I keep coming back to and which has a permanent place in my rotation is AV.  I like its clean, crisp smell and its feel on my freshly shaved face.  The smell of the other two can be cloying at times I find, but never AV.

5 882
 01-02-2017, 08:37 AM
User Info
Oh this is a tough one for me. All 3 are in my rotation and don't think it will ever change.

Here is my history with all 3.

Skin Bracer is my no.1 choice. Always liked the menthol/pine/powder scent it is. Dad had 3 main aftershaves he used. Skin Bracer, Brut, and old spice. I liked them all as a little boy. But skin bracer has always been my favorite. 

Aqua Velva always liked the catchy name. Couldn't wait to try it when I was a kid. It was going to be the 1st aftershave I bought when I started shaving. Told Dad he needed Aqua Velva as a kid. But he said what he had was plenty. Never did get around to Aqua Velva until a few years ago when I started wet shaving. Thought the scent was ok and it performed well. The scent has now grown on me and I use it just as much as skin bracer.  But that may be as it seems to pour faster than skin bracer. 

Pinaud Clubman is what I think of as the official barbershop scent. The first barbershop Dad took me to used Clubman and I thought it was the greatest scent ever!! Always looked forward to going to the barber, so I could smell like Clubman. After I moved i wasn't able to find an old school barber like that for a few years. Never knew what Clubman was, but deffinatly knew the scent.

I did a search on the net to find out what aftershave could have been and also came across the shaving forums. Been buying the Clubman ever since, as well as other Pinaud aftershaves.

8 159
 01-02-2017, 08:52 AM
  • I.P.
User Info
(11-27-2016, 04:24 PM)SpeedyPC Wrote: However I haven't used Aqua Velva Ice Blue because this item cannot be shipped to Australia because of the US International shipping crap laws.

I can get this after shave below shipped to Australia from Gifts&Care
[Image: aqua-velva-williams-200-ml.jpg]

Nothing to worry about. They are 99% the same and i think 'spaniard' is +1% better.

0 32
 01-02-2017, 09:39 AM
User Info
Aqua Velva

[Image: 53bfde567c34cf7c37c75da5bc85eef2.jpg]

2 65
 01-04-2017, 07:09 AM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
Clubman hands down although AV Blue is a very close second. Could certainly use either exclusively till the end of time if need be.

45 710
 01-04-2017, 10:53 AM
User Info
Clubman for me.  Love the scent.

Ed

21 751
 01-04-2017, 10:56 AM
  • GKR1
  • San Diego
User Info
Clubman by a nose for the win.

5 118