09-01-2017, 04:27 PM
User Info
The Asylum RX and Cobra arrived today and I'm as excited as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! No, I'm not country but I've lived in the south long enough to say that. The RX is loaded up and on deck for my morning shave. I've been using my El Jefe with a Schick Proline blade for my face shaves. The blade has 12 face shaves on it, I'm considering using a fresh Proline for my face and head shave in the RX. I have 10 hours to make up my mind.

0 45
 09-02-2017, 03:59 AM
User Info
First shave with both razors.

I used the Asylum RX on my face shave with a fresh Schick Proline. The went great but I noticed that there was a lot more blade exposure than my El Jefe in its mildest position, which is what I use. I definitely don't have the same liberties with the RX that I have with the El Jefe. The Proline is too much for me in the RX. I'll try a Kai Mild PINK in the RX tomorrow, it should take it.

For my head shave, I was right at home with the Cobra and the same Schick Proline blade. I was able to get jiggy with it just like the El Jefe. The flat back handle was a little awkward for certain angles but I was able to adjust.

0 45
 09-02-2017, 04:33 AM
User Info
IMO a handle that alouds for a comfortable grip up high, close to the head, might change things considerably.

8 1,127
 09-02-2017, 08:43 AM
User Info
I can't comment concerning a head shave since I don't shave my head, yet. But for my face the handles on both the Rx and Cobra Classic are perfect even though they feel different. I hold them mid grip and just let both razors do the rest. Fabulous razors the both of them. I own the Rx and I'm searching heaven and hell to find me a Cobra Classic. No luck yet, but I won't lose heart!

1 121
 09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
User Info
[Image: qkZVjnj.jpg]

Asylum RX/Kai Mild PINK

The RX is aggressive, it seems that if you shave shallow, the safety bar doesn't offer any safety at all.

It seems more like a SEvette. There's no getting jiggy with the RX. I'll try one of the guarded blades next and then go back to the Proline.

0 45
 09-04-2017, 10:22 AM
User Info
[Image: ZbvnNki.jpg]

I used the Classic Cobra for my face shave today. It was extremely smooth, not quite as efficient as the EL Jefe but was very capable of BBS'ing my face.

I shave in many directions to achieve BBS and the shape of the handle takes getting use to.

0 45
 09-05-2017, 11:51 AM
User Info
Hi All,

As the tour has reached its final participant I have gone ahead and randomly selected a PIF winner from the list of members that reached out to me with interest. I wish I could sent you each a package, but the Cobra Classic and Rx are now the property of Brian AKA kbh2o. Rabidus has kindly offered to ship the package on from Georgia so if you see this, Brian, please send your mailing address his direction.

Thanks to you all for a great tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 487
 09-05-2017, 12:12 PM
User Info
Congrats Brian. Enjoy these very efficient razors.

8 1,127
 09-05-2017, 12:30 PM
User Info
Congratulations Brian!

50 6,089
 09-05-2017, 01:27 PM
User Info
That's awesome.  Congrats Brian!

And thanks from the community to poonjaji for his generosity!

17 1,419
 09-05-2017, 04:21 PM
User Info
Congrats Brian!

I'll try to ship out by Friday, I'll insure it of course and send you the tracking number!

Big thanks to poonjaji for the opportunity to try these razors!

0 45
 09-06-2017, 05:40 AM
User Info
Congratulations Brian!

1 201
 09-06-2017, 11:38 AM
User Info
Congratulations to you Brian!!  Cheers

And Bravo to you Michael, Bravo..... Clap  Clap

[Image: zVShvP7.gif]

1 121
 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
User Info
hello,  i just wanted to let anthony (rabidus) and michael (poonjaji) know that i have received the asylum rx and cobra classic razor with the rest of the unused blades.  i used the cobra classic today with really good results, no nicks, cuts or any negatives on the shave.  thank you michael for piffing these and i was extremely lucky to win these.  i will be using these for the next few months to the end of the year.  at that time or maybe before, if i feel i have decided about these 2 fine single edge razors whether or not i would like to keep them or not.  i may decide to move them on to someone else.  i will stay in contact with michael to see what he thinks and if i decide they are not for me, how to pick someone from the original list.  so stay tuned unless this thread is closed.  thanks for all the nice congratulation comments.  take care to everyone and happy shaving!  brian (kbh2o)

35 42