07-30-2017, 05:06 AM
User Info
I use a combination of spray deodorant that I then "massage" in with my rounded alum block.
Works better for me than any of those used separately.

0 50
 03-10-2018, 12:46 PM
User Info
I tried alum on my under arms before. It works well. I may start using it daily once I run out of my Degree for Men deodorant.

Too many ruined shirts from deodorant over the years.

0 54
 03-10-2018, 03:49 PM
User Info
Every day.  Osma for face and crystal for pits

6 297
 03-19-2018, 02:31 AM
User Info
I've used Crystal deodorant for over five years and it keeps me odor free, and it doesn't stain my shirts. Lately though I've been itchy in the armpit area so I may be having a reaction to it. I've been thinking about trying Mystic Water's deodorant to see if it will work for me.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

6 728
 03-19-2018, 04:19 AM
User Info
I use this on my face and armpits.  potassium alum.  same stuff as the shaving mineral blocks but cheaper with a handy case.  I think you have to read the ingredients with these as some are potassium alum and some are ammonium alum in the same containers.

Moderator Note:  Link to website not affiliated with TSN removed.

0 318
 04-06-2018, 07:34 AM
User Info
I dont find they do me any good. I use good prep, the best soap (CRSW, Jabonman, Mikes) and am careful. No irritation, no cuts and maybe I'm blessed by the shaving gods!

0 123
 08-23-2018, 01:28 PM
User Info
I am on my 5th block of Alum in the past two years.  I keep dropping the darn thing in the sink and it breaks up into many pieces.

0 58
 08-23-2018, 01:46 PM
User Info
I only use alum as part of my shave routine.  For deodorant I have stopped using the aluminum based anti-perspirants that I've been using for 40 years.  Instead I've begun using Arm & Hammer Essentials Fresh.  No aluminum, parabens or other bad stuff.  It does have EDTA but I don't think the amount contained in a few swipes of deodorant will be an issue.  I'll know for sure when I go back to the doctor for some blood work.  But I DO use an alum block immediately after my final cold water rinse.  I leave my face dripping wet from the final rinse and rub the alum all over my face, chin and neck.  I then leave it while I clean up my razor, brush, lather bowl and sink counter.  I then rinse off with cold water.  I love how it tightens my face up and usually stops any weepers I might have caused.  I then always follow the alum with witch hazel that I allow to dry on my face.  And if it isn't completely dry I'll just do my aftershave splash of choice right over the witch hazel.  That is my summer warm weather routine.  Once the heat goes on in the house I add a balm before the splash.

0 49