10-18-2016, 08:47 AM
User Info
I really don't know what happened, but the sign-up list that Wolf Whiskers uses at waitlistr.com showed up as "Sorry, this list is closed." when I attempted to access it at the appointed time. I did it by the book (I'm fairly sure), and got nowhere. Peter Wolf hasn't been any help, just that it was open for 67 seconds and that 23 people signed up, and "by the atomic clock".  Anyone else have a problem, or have any suggestions?

8 103
 10-18-2016, 09:25 AM
User Info
Peter is a great guy, he would never treat anyone with disrespect.

It is entirely possible for his list to fill up that quickly.

If you were in fact on the real waitlistr sign on page but you didn't make the list, it's probable that you just didn't make it. The list will open again, so please don't get discouraged.  His brushes are absolutely worth the trouble.

0 410
 10-18-2016, 09:54 AM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 09:25 AM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Peter is a great guy, he would never treat anyone with disrespect.

If you were in fact on the real waitlistr sign on page but you didn't make the list, it's probable that you just didn't make it. The list will open again, so please don't get discouraged.  His brushes are absolutely worth the trouble.

I was on the real page signed in and logged on before, during and after the time for sign up. I reloaded the page several times during the "67 seconds" mentioned. Same results. When trying to find out what happened, what I got was a short answer from Peter. So far, so good. When I replied with a detailed message about my attempt, i got a message back telling me that the page opened according to the atomic clock. Seeing as how my computer's clock is supplied by Apple's servers and just as assuredly timed in accordance with the atomic clock (I know where it it, how it works, and how it is synced to websites) I took his response as a touch snippy. I have queried waitlistr as to what happened and am interested in what they have to say.

What I'm trying to discern is whether I did something wrong or out of sequence or if there was a glitch with waitlistr. Do I remember correctly that James at Wolfman Razors had some difficulty with a waitlist website or software?

8 103
 10-18-2016, 09:58 AM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 09:54 AM)5 over Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 09:25 AM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Peter is a great guy, he would never treat anyone with disrespect.

I was on the real page signed in and logged on before, during and after the time for sign up. I reloaded the page several times during the "67 seconds" mentioned. Same results. When trying to find out what happened, what I got was a short answer from Peter. So far, so good. When I replied with a detailed message about my attempt, i got a message back telling me that the page opened according to the atomic clock. Seeing as how my computer's clock is supplied by Apple's servers and just as assuredly timed in accordance with the atomic clock (I know where it it, how it works, and how it is synced to websites) I took his response as a touch snippy. I have queried waitlistr as to what happened and am interested in what they have to say.

What I'm trying to discern is whether I did something wrong or out of sequence or if there was a glitch with waitlistr. Do I remember correctly that James at Wolfman Razors had some difficulty with a waitlist website or software?

I reccomend you contact Peter directly. He is more than welcoming in resolving any problems

20 1,375
 10-18-2016, 10:03 AM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 09:54 AM)5 over Wrote:

I'm afraid I really don't know about any problems James had. But I am pretty familiar with Peter and have dealt with him numerous times. I know him to be absolutely reliable and very concerned with integrity and customer service.  I don't think for a second that he would lie, I would personally believe his explanation.

I have seen his wait list fill up very rapidly before, so either explanation seems plausible to me.  I know it can be frustrating getting on a wait list, I've been there many times myself.  I can only promise you that once you do get your WW brush in your hands you will not regret going through all the trouble.

And as frustrating as the process to get a WW brush is, you should try to buy a Paladin! That's even worse.

I hope you manage to get on the list the next time it opens.

Cheers!   Cheers

0 410
 10-18-2016, 10:17 AM
User Info
If the list was open for 67 seconds, and I was using the same time servers and their attendant delay as waitlistr (a very reasonable assumption if you think about it), why was the list always shown as closed? I don't think the problem is Peter's, and I haven't gotten an answer from waitlistr. I understand that it may look as if I was late to the party, but the list was open for 67 seconds to some, but always closed to me. I was logged in on waitlistr for the entire time span in question. That's my issue in a nutshell. 

In no way do I put any blame on Peter Wolf or point any in his direction. He simply uses an online waitlist maintenance site, and its performance is beyond his control.

8 103
 10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
  • Thug
  • South Africa
User Info
Peter's list opens up for 1 hour or 20 names, whichever occurs first.

Quote:Wait List Announcement

7 more wait list opening times to put on your calendar before Christmas.  They are all 8 days and 8 hours apart.  Each day will only be open for 1 hour or when 20 names are added, whichever comes first.  At that point, the list will close again until the next opening day.
  1. October 2, at 8pm (NY time zone)
  2. October 10, at 4am (NY time zone)
  3. October 18, at 12pm (NY time zone)
  4. October 26, at 8pm (NY time zone)
  5. November 3, at 4am (NY time zone)

0 403
 10-18-2016, 12:09 PM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 11:44 AM)Thug Wrote: Peter's list opens up for 1 hour or 20 names, whichever occurs first.

Quote:Wait List Announcement

7 more wait list opening times to put on your calendar before Christmas.  They are all 8 days and 8 hours apart.  Each day will only be open for 1 hour or when 20 names are added, whichever comes first.  At that point, the list will close again until the next opening day.

1. October 2, at 8pm (NY time zone)
  2. October 10, at 4am (NY time zone)
  3. October 18, at 12pm (NY time zone)
  4. October 26, at 8pm (NY time zone)
  5. November 3, at 4am (NY time zone)

You missed my point. I was signed onto the waitlistr.com website (which manages Peter's waitlist) continuously and ready to sign up before, during, and after the appointed time. I performed, to my knowledge, all the necessary steps to be allowed to sign up. At all times during this process, the waitlist showed closed to me, WHILE 23 other persons did gain access. I don't think that any of this is the fault of Peter Wolf or Wolf Whiskers. I question the waitlistr.com website and its processes. It's my belief and contention that that's where the blame, if any, lies. 

Perhaps if waitlistr had a clock face showing on its signup pages all this could have been avoided. It's possible that my signup attempts occurred outside of that golden 67 seconds. However, my computer's internal clock is constantly kept up to date and synced with the (atomic clock of the National Bureau of Standards, or whatever other clock is used as standard over the 'net) normal timekeeping arrangement of my ISP. I'm relatively sure this is a standard timekeeping methodology. And I was there before the time opened up, during the appointed time and afterwards. The list never opened up on my connection with waitlistr.com. Period.

8 103
 10-18-2016, 12:29 PM
User Info
I don't know what to say man, I really here ya. It's very frustrating.

I think it's best to tell Peter and explain to him again what happened, if he can't do anything about it, I suggest that you try and sign up again for the next one. His brushes are really nice.

Sorry to hear this happening to you.

11 1,169
 10-18-2016, 12:31 PM
User Info
I had no problem getting on the list.  Created an account and signed-in before noon...refreshed @ noon and was the 5th person to get on the list today.  I'm looking forward to my new WW Tuxedo Burnt Oak Whiskey brush.  I'll have to settle for a synthetic knot as Peter does not ship natural fibers to Canada.

1 161
 10-18-2016, 12:43 PM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 12:31 PM)GoHabs Wrote: I had no problem getting on the list.  Created an account and signed-in before noon...refreshed @ noon and was the 5th person to get on the list today.  I'm looking forward to my new WW Tuxedo Burnt Oak Whiskey brush.  I'll have to settle for a synthetic knot as Peter does not ship natural fibers to Canada.

I'm glad to hear from someone who was able to get on the list. I did exactly what you did, except I created an account after I didn't wake up at 4 in the morning for the last sign up opportunity. I was signed in, and refreshed just before noon, at noon, and continuously as I was refused for several minutes. Somewhere, somehow, it just didn't work. Either my computer's clock and waitlistr.com's disagreed (not very likely, or at most 2-5 seconds), or their site didn't work for me for whatever the reason. 

I've contacted waitlistr.com about this, and got a nice canned reply. "We'll look into it..." I'm not going to hold my breath. And if the attempt I make on the next open date, the 26th at 8pm doesn't work I'll probably forget about it. Mr. Wolf's work is very, very nice. But it's not unique, and I'll not lose sleep over not being able to purchase one of his brushes.

8 103
 10-18-2016, 12:49 PM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 12:43 PM)5 over Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 12:31 PM)GoHabs Wrote: I had no problem getting on the list.  Created an account and signed-in before noon...refreshed @ noon and was the 5th person to get on the list today.  I'm looking forward to my new WW Tuxedo Burnt Oak Whiskey brush.  I'll have to settle for a synthetic knot as Peter does not ship natural fibers to Canada.

I'm glad to hear from someone who was able to get on the list. I did exactly what you did, except I created an account after I didn't wake up at 4 in the morning for the last sign up opportunity. I was signed in, and refreshed just before noon, at noon, and continuously as I was refused for several minutes. Somewhere, somehow, it just didn't work. Either my computer's clock and waitlistr.com's disagreed (not very likely, or at most 2-5 seconds), or their site didn't work for me for whatever the reason. 

I've contacted waitlistr.com about this, and got a nice canned reply. "We'll look into it..." I'm not going to hold my breath. And if the attempt I make on the next open date, the 26th at 8pm doesn't work I'll probably forget about it. Mr. Wolf's work is very, very nice. But it's not unique, and I'll not lose sleep over not being able to purchase one of his brushes.

I certainly understand your disappointment.  I was one of those who was on the Wolfman Razor list only to lose my spot in the "famous" lottery.  The good news is that Peter will be opening his list again soon (Oct. 26th @ 8:00 pm).  I'm still waiting for the Wolfman list to re-open.  Good luck!

1 161
 10-18-2016, 03:31 PM
User Info
(10-18-2016, 08:47 AM)5 over Wrote: I really don't know what happened, but the sign-up list that Wolf Whiskers uses at waitlistr.com showed up as "Sorry, this list is closed." when I attempted to access it at the appointed time. I did it by the book (I'm fairly sure), and got nowhere. Peter Wolf hasn't been any help, just that it was open for 67 seconds and that 23 people signed up, and "by the atomic clock".  Anyone else have a problem, or have any suggestions?

Sir,

From your own admission in the email you sent me earlier today, you admitted that you were on a list and by your own explanation I tried to explain to you that the list you were watching and refreshing has nothing to do with Wolf Whiskers and even gave me your user name.  It was not my waitlist at all as I mentioned to you in my personal email to you.  Please stop this.  There was nothing wrong with my waitlistr.com waitlist sign up process.  If you were on my list, you would have seen the image that I posted up a full 10 minutes prior to the list opening.  Again, just stop this.

Peter Wolf
Wolf Whiskers

0 5
 10-18-2016, 03:44 PM
User Info
I got in without any issues. Am number 64. So the process did work. It could have been multiple factors but the blame shouldn't go on Pete since the issues are out of his control. He has the list so he can have a consistent backlog without being too backed up with orders. I commend him for trying his best to accommodate our niche community.

4 93
 10-18-2016, 04:38 PM
User Info
I just had an email conversation with Peter Wolf about this situation. From the conversation, I understand that someone other than Mr. Wolf has a list up on waitlistr.com titled Wolf Whiskers, or that I somehow got on a completely bogus website. Ido not know which. When I first went to waitlistr.com, it was through a link on the Wolf Whiskers website and I created an account at that point. When I went to the waitlistr.com website today it was directly, not through a link from Wolf Whiskers, and this is apparently where the problem arose.

None of this had anything to do with Wolf Whiskers or Peter Wolf, just someone putting up a list masquerading as the genuine one. The next time I'll go to it from the Wolf Whiskers website and hopefully all will be well. Until then, my thanks to Peter Wolf for taking the time out of his busy day to help straighten this out.

8 103
 10-18-2016, 04:43 PM
User Info
For anyone who may get caught in the same trap, the phony list was listed as "ww brush". Earlier today, it was on the first page of lists on the waitlistr.com website. Peter Wolf's advice was to go to the wait list through the link on his own website.

That advice will make it possible for me to not screw up and get caught in the same trap again. Thank you, Mr. Wolf

8 103
 10-18-2016, 04:48 PM
User Info
There's a fake list? Why? That listr should be complained. I can see why this would be a cause for confusion.

I too never had problems with Peter's waitlistr. I've had one before with a different vendor but that's long gone now.

11 1,169
 10-18-2016, 04:58 PM
User Info
I'm really sorry this happened to you Ford, but I'm glad that at least you figured out what happened.

0 410
 10-18-2016, 05:01 PM
User Info
Spilled milk it seems. 

Oh well that's life.

0 89
 10-18-2016, 05:02 PM
User Info
All is good.  I don't know who created those lists or why.  I can only speculate.

0 5