10-21-2016, 04:44 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
A new shipment arrived today and they are available for purchase.

Asylum Rx

[Image: J06TBk9.jpg]

46 18,089
 10-21-2016, 04:54 PM
User Info
How many of these (units) do you get in at a time? Just curious how supply chain on a custom razor works. Wonderful razor!

16 230
 10-21-2016, 04:59 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-21-2016, 04:54 PM)SimpleShave17 Wrote: How many of these (units) do you get in at a time?  Just curious how supply chain on a custom razor works. Wonderful razor!

They have been sending me 50 at a time

46 18,089
 10-21-2016, 06:12 PM
User Info
Phil, I'm glad to see you got the site back up and running smoothly. I'm guessing you had a long and stressful day. From what's been posted, you were hardly the only site affected. Anyway, I did get your notification and ordered mine. Smile I'm guessing that the rest of this 50 will be gone before long.

8 103
 10-21-2016, 06:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-21-2016, 06:12 PM)5 over Wrote: Phil, I'm glad to see you got the site back up and running smoothly. I'm guessing you had a long and stressful day. From what's been posted, you were hardly the only site affected. Anyway, I did get your notification and ordered mine. Smile I'm guessing that the rest of this 50 will be gone before long.

Thank you Ford. Yes, it was definitely one of those days. I did not realize at the time that so many sites were affected. It looks like everything has now been resolved.

All of the Rx razors should go out with tomorrow's mail.

46 18,089
 10-22-2016, 02:55 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
As expected, they didn't last long. Got the email notification of their availability just before 9:00 pm Eastern last night. We OFs are in bed by 9 PM don'tcha know, so didn't get on the website until 6 AM this morning and they were all gone! But, that's OK, as there'll be plenty more as Phil has explained, with future batches being larger and the pent-up demand finally being satisfied.

0 363
 10-22-2016, 04:25 AM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 02:55 AM)beamon Wrote: As expected, they didn't last long. Got the email notification of their availability just before 9:00 pm Eastern last night. We OFs are in bed by 9 PM don'tcha know, so didn't get on the website until 6 AM this morning and they were all gone! But, that's OK, as there'll be plenty more as Phil has explained, with future batches being larger and the pent-up demand finally being satisfied.

Roger, I think yesterday's situation was completely out of the ordinary. Apparently someone somewhere orchestrated a DDOS attack on major networks in the US, whatever the heck that is. The service Phil uses for a lot of functions on his website, Shopify, went down. This put Bullgoose's ability to fill and ship orders out of commission. Unfortunately there are people out there who do this kind of damage either out of malice or for amusement. Phil and others who depend on the internet for their business's ability to run smoothly are the ones hurt. But like you said, there are gonna be more. You may have to stay up past 9 to get one, however. I know it's asking a lot of another OF, but sacrifices have to be made. Biggrin

8 103
 10-22-2016, 07:02 AM
User Info
I had one in my cart, but then I remembered I'm signed up for the RX pass-around. Makes a lot of sense that I should wait until I've had a full week to spend using the RX before I buy it. Plus, I want to revisit my Cobra and Mongoose before the RX comes to my house for a few days.

24 1,208
 10-22-2016, 07:48 AM
User Info
damn, i was painting the house and missed another one.

73 1,263
 10-23-2016, 02:19 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(10-22-2016, 04:25 AM)5 over Wrote: You may have to stay up past 9 to get one, however. I know it's asking a lot of another OF, but sacrifices have to be made. Biggrin
Oh, the sacrifices we make for the hobby!

0 363
 10-24-2016, 05:28 AM
User Info
According to USPS tracking, there is an RX in Greenville, SC. But only for a short time, it's scheduled to be in Brevard, NC tomorrow (Tuesday). Please don't take this as an invitation to surreptitiously raid the Post Office. Rolleyes It'll only be in NC for a couple of weeks, then is making the trek back to FL to aid in assessing and repairing hurricane damage, while keeping an old golfer presentable.

8 103