10-22-2016, 06:38 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
And you are really proud of having them?

It can be anything, from a shaving item you found at an antique store to items you've been waiting for a long time to finally get them.

Personally, I don't have many of these, but the two that differ from the others in my den are the NOS cased aluminum Gillette #58 and the cased bright gold Gillette Aristocrat that's in mint condition and very hard to find in my country. I paid a lot more to get the 58, but I haven't regretted it, it's a real beauty. I can't use these two. They are that special to me.

OneBlade is considered a special item for some gentlemen, but I use it very often and it's more of a daily razor for me.

My blue Steve Woodhead scuttle is also special to me. It was the first expensive upgrade I did about three years ago. Before that, I had a simple glass bowl to make lather.

49 1,939
 10-22-2016, 06:54 AM
User Info
Nick, I would have to say my very first Morris & Forndran brush, I received it direct from Lee and it was my first. Nothing exotic, an ivory polo with a 24mm 3 band knot. I love that little guy, second would be my Max Sprecher straight razor. Max made it for my birthday last year and every aspect of it we discussed and I feel like it was made just for me. I treasure them both and really could never part with them.

17 1,297
 10-22-2016, 08:51 AM
User Info
I don't have, what you would call, 'pride' in my shaving gear, but gratitude and appreciation regarding the majority, if not all, of my acquisitions. Nevertheless, my ZenShave C7 Snakewood handle is very unique as I have never seen a similar handle and, of course, my Weber DLC heads as they are no longer manufactured. Therefore, I guess I would consider them extraordinary, FOR MYSELF, though, as YMMV. Shy

[Image: NlTtvq.jpg]

82 21,056
 10-22-2016, 09:53 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
1. My Gillette Slim that I purchased new in 1962 for $1.50 and shaved with for the next 50 years.

2. I have a few vintage straights that were made by master razor makers that I enjoy and would never sell.

38 5,031
 10-22-2016, 10:17 AM
  • jtmke
  • Ex shaving hater
  • milwaukee
User Info
Neil Miller Strop
Kanayama strop
Skin that likes Martin de Candre
Wacker razors
Hair that grows fast enough to shave everyday.

7 441
 10-22-2016, 10:32 AM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 10:17 AM)jtmke Wrote: Hair that grows fast enough to shave everyday.

Thumbup

82 21,056
 10-22-2016, 01:28 PM
User Info
My original Old Spice shave soap in a mug along with 2 bottles of original aftershave; reminds me of when I was a boy going into my parents bathroom and checking out my dads aftershaves.

2 144
 10-22-2016, 02:37 PM
User Info
My Cold River Soap Works shaving soap in blue ceramic bowl - a work of art
My 3 Nuavia shaving soaps
My Mühle Carbon no. 2 Fusion razor
My Acqua di Parma Mach 3 Razor
My Pils Mach 3 razor
My Plisson Palladium Fusion razor
My two ATT SE1/SE2 razors
My Ivory swirl old batch 2012 Limited edition Simpsonm Chubby 2 in Best hair
My Cobalt blue Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian
My Italian marble Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
My 10 Shavemac badger brush custom collection
My 8 Thäter badger brush collection
My 8 Boar brushes, cheap yet trusty and effective
My 14 piece synthetic brush collection, cheap yet effective
My Fine lather bowl in black and grey - best lather bowl I have ever owned
My 500+ bottles fragrance collection
My 25 bottles after shave collection

These items are all part of my den, a den that I'm very proud of.

24 5,841
 10-22-2016, 02:53 PM
  • Jorvaljr
  • Temple city, California
User Info
My gold English Aristocrat deluxe and my fat handle tech!

3 148
 10-22-2016, 02:58 PM
User Info
My shave mug given to me by my great grandmother a few years ago, she is an amazing person and I am very thankful to have this mug. It's jack the pumpkin king from the Nightmare before Christmas.

59 1,408
 10-22-2016, 03:01 PM
User Info
My most cherished items were my grandfathers.

I have everything he used.

I use them twice a year as a tribute.

82 2,178
 10-22-2016, 03:13 PM
User Info
This Hussy, which is great for travel. 

[Image: Yt1uXmU.jpg]

It does not belong to me, but today, I have it Smile

8 1,060
 10-22-2016, 03:28 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(10-22-2016, 09:53 AM)evnpar Wrote: 1. My Gillette Slim that I purchased new in 1962 for $1.50 and shaved with for the next 50 years.

2. I have a few vintage straights that were made by master razor makers that I enjoy and would never sell.

That's awesome that you've had your slim that long. Sounds like it was worth the $1.50.

3 533
 10-22-2016, 04:27 PM
User Info
I forgot to add a coffee mug that I was given for my 5th birthday; it is the red and white checkered barbershop look that has my name on it. I have had it for over fifty years now and use it to soap my brushes before I shave.

2 144
 10-22-2016, 05:15 PM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 02:37 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: 'My Cold River Soap Works shaving soap in blue ceramic bowl - a work of art
My 3 Nuavia shaving soaps
My Mühle Carbon no. 2 Fusion razor
My Acqua di Parma Mach 3 Razor
My Pils Mach 3 razor
My Plisson Palladium Fusion razor
My two ATT SE1/SE2 razors
My Ivory swirl old batch 2012 Limited edition Simpsonm Chubby 2 in Best hair
My Cobalt blue Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian
My Italian marble Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
My 10 Shavemac badger brush custom collection
My 8 Thäter badger brush collection
My 8 Boar brushes, cheap yet trusty and effective
My 14 piece synthetic brush collection, cheap yet effective
My Fine lather bowl in black and grey - best lather bowl I have ever owned
My 500+ bottles fragrance collection
My 25 bottles after shave collection

These items are all part of my den, a den that I'm very proud of.

Claus, you should get a wide angle lens and photograph your den for us!

Perhaps a panorama capture will be needed...

0 382
 10-22-2016, 05:48 PM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 08:51 AM)celestino Wrote: I don't have, what you would call, 'pride' in my shaving gear, but gratitude and appreciation regarding the majority, if not all, of my acquisitions. Nevertheless, my ZenShave C7 Snakewood handle is very unique as I have never seen a similar handle and, of course, my Weber DLC heads as they are no longer manufactured. Therefore, I guess I would consider them extraordinary, FOR MYSELF, though, as YMMV. Shy

That is a beautiful brush. I love it.

5 1,516
 10-22-2016, 06:11 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Mervyn Cadman brush (first custom brush).  Prince Memorial brush and Mervyn found the color "purple rain" to include.

[Image: xhcLbgR.jpg]g

4 301
 10-22-2016, 06:13 PM
User Info
A lather mug my wife made for me at a pottery/wine tasting class. I use it every day and have for several years.

A razor my Great Uncle had and gave to my Uncle. A Fat Boy. 

My uncle used it for decades and gave it to me a couple of years ago. I cleaned it up and showed him before and after pictures. He thought I was joking about it being the same razor. I have it front and center next to my valet on my dresser on show. 

The funny thing is he told me that he tried the different settings and set it on the one he liked best and never adjusted it again. It was in great condition after a thorough cleaning and adjusts perfectly fine. Clicks on each setting and everything.

7 1,314
 10-22-2016, 06:18 PM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 08:51 AM)celestino Wrote: I don't have, what you would call, 'pride' in my shaving gear, but gratitude and appreciation regarding the majority, if not all, of my acquisitions. Nevertheless, my ZenShave C7 Snakewood handle is very unique as I have never seen a similar handle and, of course, my Weber DLC heads as they are no longer manufactured. Therefore, I guess I would consider them extraordinary, FOR MYSELF, though, as YMMV. Shy

That brush handle is a thing of beauty!

1 309
 10-22-2016, 07:31 PM
User Info
My dad's '39 triangle hole fat handle Tech, his chipped old shaving mug, and his first brush. My late brother's Trac II that he bought when they first came out. I also have the Slim I bought at the drug store. I distinctly remember standing there looking at the display, and trying to decide whether to go with the $1.49 or the 1.95 razor (later to be called the Fatboy). I decided it was a ripoff designed just to squeeze an extra 50 cents from me. I also still have the Krona I used all through my military service and afterward until it finally wore itself out just about 8 years ago about the same time I started to become interested in all of this shaving stuff.

24 1,208