10-22-2016, 07:35 AM
User Info
Allow me to explain what I have here. It's a little complicated and then again it's not. I have a brand new tin of JabonMan labeled GEA.
[Image: 8a3d018aa2e4d6e4cf57777d9d19bb43.jpg]
Upon arrival and opening of the lid I was greeted with smoky Vetiver. I am familiar with Tierra Humeda and my first thought is that, though it is stronger, and the Vetiver/smoke is more pronounced. More refined would be a better interpretation. I'm thinking Manuel accidentally mislabeled a tin of Vetiver de Haiti though I have no first hand experience with this soap.
I'm looking for someone who wants to trade their new or practically new tin of GEA for my brand new, smoky Vetiver scent, most likely Vetiver de Haiti or possibly Tierra Humeda tin. Heck, maybe I have your mislabeled order. That would be something. PM me if you want to trade.
The soap has never been used and weighs 154g with the lid off. 172g with the lid on.
[Image: df3385bd9d6aa6293e2689f3cbf775b7.jpg]
I will be happy to continue with this soap if no one is interested though my original intent was to add GEA to my collection.
Keep in mind if you are not happy with what you get from me we can make arrangements to trade back. Im not looking to make it complicated, I'm easy.
Cheers!

~Royce

4 373
 10-22-2016, 08:08 AM
User Info
Sorry I can't help, but I have tried both GEA and vetiver de Haiti. The vetiver is VERY VERY strong. I love it, but it is the probably the strongest scented soap I have ever used. It is also just a very pure vetiver. I don't get a lot of other scents when I smell it. So if that sounds about right, then you probably do have the vetiver. Great stuff. I hope someone can help you out. Good luck.

3 328
 10-22-2016, 08:17 AM
User Info
Thank you, me too. Though like I said I will gladly stick with it though I'm currently going in a more citrus cologne-y direction.

~Royce

4 373
 10-22-2016, 09:42 AM
User Info
The color of the soap is certainly a Vetiver de  Haití.

8 1,676
 10-22-2016, 09:49 AM
User Info
Cool, I was hoping you would chime in with your knowledge Luís, thanks!

~Royce

4 373
 10-22-2016, 10:13 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
Here's the description of GEA directly from Manuel.
- Gea : (bergamot, lavender, cedar, neroli...)

Zero vetiver in there...If you're smelling vetiver, that's definitely the wrong lid.  Nick is right, the Haitian vetiver is VERY strong vetiver.  I've got a sample of Gea and it smells very pleasant, exactly like the description above.

47 1,901
 10-22-2016, 10:23 AM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 09:49 AM)DudeAbides Wrote: Cool, I was hoping you would chime in with your knowledge Luís, thanks!

~Royce

Tierra húmeda too is possibly .

Cheers  Shy

8 1,676
 10-22-2016, 10:28 AM
User Info
Ok thanks, I think we've established the difference. I appreciate everyone's input. So with that being said and revealed, I have a tin labeled Gea though inside is Vetiver de Haití or possibly Tierra Húmeda…is there anyone by chance out there that wants to trade their GEA shoot me a PM
Cheers!

~Royce

4 373
 10-23-2016, 08:34 AM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 07:35 AM)DudeAbides Wrote: Allow me to explain what I have here. It's a little complicated and then again it's not. I have a brand new tin of JabonMan labeled GEA.
Upon arrival and opening of the lid I was greeted with smoky Vetiver. I am familiar with Tierra Humeda and my first thought is that, though it is stronger, and the Vetiver/smoke is more pronounced. More refined would be a better interpretation. I'm thinking Manuel accidentally mislabeled a tin of Vetiver de Haiti though I have no first hand experience with this soap.
I'm looking for someone who wants to trade their new or practically new tin of GEA for my smoky Vetiver scent, most likely Vetiver de Haiti or possibly Tierra Humeda. Heck, maybe I have your mislabeled order. That would be something. PM me if you want to trade.
The soap has never been used and weighs 154g with the lid off. 172g with the lid on.
I will be happy to continue with this soap if no one is interested though my original intent was to add GEA to my collection.
Keep in mind if you are not happy with what you get from me we can make arrangements to trade back. Im not looking to make it complicated, I'm easy.
Cheers!

~Royce

How do I attain one of these praised soaps from the seller?

16 230
 10-23-2016, 08:59 AM
User Info
(10-22-2016, 07:35 AM)DudeAbides Wrote: Allow me to explain what I have here. It's a little complicated and then again it's not. I have a brand new tin of JabonMan labeled GEA.
I'm looking for someone who wants to trade their new or practically new tin of GEA for my smoky Vetiver scent, most likely Vetiver de Haiti or possibly Tierra Humeda. Heck, maybe I have your mislabeled order. That would be something. PM me if you want to trade.
Cheers!

~Royce

Who would be dumb enough not to recognize the difference between GEA and Vetiver? Oh, right. Me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 140
 10-23-2016, 09:00 AM
User Info
magafe_es@yahoo.es

~Royce

4 373
 10-23-2016, 09:06 AM
User Info
Hey Royce, I have been looking to lay my hands on vetiver Haiti but it's a very dicy situation we are in since no way for you to find out if it's vetiver Haiti or Tierra Humeda, which I own.

If you are 100% sure it's vetiver and willing to sell I will gladly buy from you. Am in India and willing to pay postage.

Please let me know of your decision...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 703
 10-23-2016, 09:30 AM
User Info
(10-23-2016, 09:06 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Hey Royce, I have been looking to lay my hands on vetiver Haiti but it's a very dicy situation we are in since no way for you to find out if it's vetiver Haiti or Tierra Humeda, which I own.

If you are 100% sure it's vetiver and willing to sell I will gladly buy from you. Am in India and willing to pay postage.

I am 100% sure it is Vetiver. Both Tierra Humeda, which I've owned, and Vetiver de Haiti, of which I have no first hand knowledge, are Vetiver soaps. This soap I have is strong, smoky, yet refined. I'm pretty sure if not certain it is VdH.
I'll announce it again, if it is not what the gentleman is expecting, I'm offering to trade it back and pay shipping, First Class USPS conus. The kicker is I'm not here to sell, thank you for the offer though. I like this soap, I want it, I just want GEA more I have an opportunity at the moment, being that this soap is new, untouched, albeit mislabeled, to test the waters. I'm searching someone out that is not happy with their recently purchased GEA and would rather have a winter scent smoky Vetiver soap. It's a long shot though there's no harm in the process. Cheers!

~Royce

4 373
 10-24-2016, 04:15 AM
User Info
(10-23-2016, 09:30 AM)DudeAbides Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 09:06 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Hey Royce, I have been looking to lay my hands on vetiver Haiti but it's a very dicy situation we are in since no way for you to find out if it's vetiver Haiti or Tierra Humeda, which I own.

I am 100% sure it is Vetiver. Both Tierra Humeda, which I've owned, and Vetiver de Haiti, of which I have no first hand knowledge, are Vetiver soaps. This soap I have is strong, smoky, yet refined. I'm pretty sure if not certain it is VdH.
I'll announce it again, if it is not what the gentleman is expecting, I'm offering to trade it back and pay shipping, First Class USPS conus. The kicker is I'm not here to sell, thank you for the offer though. I like this soap, I want it, I just want GEA more I have an opportunity at the moment, being that this soap is new, untouched, albeit mislabeled, to test the waters. I'm searching someone out that is not happy with their recently purchased GEA and would rather have a winter scent smoky Vetiver soap. It's a long shot though there's no harm in the process. Cheers!

~Royce
Hello Royce,

very much I regret the confusion. Remember your address in my magafe_es@yahoo.es private mail and you send an Gea no cost.

A hug and I'm sorry.
Manuel

2 9
 10-24-2016, 04:18 AM
User Info
Hola Manuel, have been trying to reach you for sometime.Please connect on mail.

Jagdeep.

1 703
 10-24-2016, 05:31 AM
User Info
I've got a tin of GEA that I could trade you. I'm jot sure if it's new or slightly used. I can check tonight if you're interested.

8 85
 10-24-2016, 07:23 AM
User Info
(10-24-2016, 04:15 AM)JabonMan Wrote:

~Royce
Hello Royce,

very much I regret the confusion. Remember your address in my magafe_es@yahoo.es private mail and you send an Gea no cost.

A hug and I'm sorry.
Manuel

…and this is why Manuel and JabonMan is the best. Wow! I was not expecting this nor was it my intent though I will graciously accept.
Gracias amigo!
Un abrazo,
Royce

4 373
 10-24-2016, 07:24 AM
User Info

1 703
 10-24-2016, 07:31 AM
User Info

~Royce
Hello Royce,

A hug and I'm sorry.
Manuel
Manuel is a class act!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13 89
 10-24-2016, 08:53 AM
User Info
(10-24-2016, 07:23 AM)DudeAbides Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 09:30 AM)DudeAbides Wrote: I am 100% sure it is Vetiver. Both Tierra Humeda, which I've owned, and Vetiver de Haiti, of which I have no first hand knowledge, are Vetiver soaps. This soap I have is strong, smoky, yet refined. I'm pretty sure if not certain it is VdH.

~Royce
Hello Royce,

A hug and I'm sorry.
Manuel

…and this is why Manuel and JabonMan is the best. Wow! I was not expecting this nor was it my intent though I will graciously accept.
Gracias amigo!
Un abrazo,
Royce

Lucky you Royce. BTW what do you intend to do with that Vetiver stuff. Am still game.

1 703