10-22-2016, 11:39 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Up for sale are several items that are in excellent, but used condition.  I need to clear some den space.  Prices are for CONUS  delivery only, via PayPal, including secure USPS shipping with tracking . 

S-O-L-D  Mongoose Stainless Steel SE razor with matte finish.  Like new with original factory box.  Will include a partial pack (4 blades) of Feather professional blades.  Retail was $180 without blades when purchased early this year at Maggard's.  Razor and blades for $119.
 [Image: xPK844b.jpg]

S-O-L-D   EBarbershop's "Schick Type Injector Razor Handle".  Basically a clone of the last injector Schick made, the so-called Type M.  Like new in factory box, the blank or dummy blade was cycled out to make sure that the injector worked, then replaced.  I will include a partially full (4 blades) Schick injector.  Retail is $34.95 shipped, not counting any blades.  My price is $19 conus.
[Image: WUqCxmH.jpg]

Muhle 31M 530 travel shave brush in anodized aluminum with a 21mm x 49mm  synthetic knot.   The brush was used very few times (max of 6 shaves), it works well with no shedding.  This is an excellent  brush for the weight & space conscious traveler, and a synthetic knot dries faster to boot.   The retail price is $65 at Bullgoose or Maggard's.  Shipped for $39.

[Image: PEX29gk.jpg]

[Image: gqVjTxy.jpg]

S-O-L-D   Finally, a Maggard's 24 mm Synthetic brush with a faux marble handle.  Loft of the Plisson-like knot is set at 56 mm.  No issues or shedding, used only a couple times.  I'm just not there yet with the Synths I guess.   Retail is $11.95 plus shipping, I'd like $8 shipped. 
[Image: DZTRsji.jpg]

Let me know via PM if you have questions, or with an offer to buy.  These will also be listed at another place, first paid takes the item.  Feel free to comment if you believe that my prices are out of line ..

43 459
 10-22-2016, 11:47 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
PM sent on Maggard's brush

7 293
 10-23-2016, 10:45 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
The Maggard's Synthetic brush has sold - thanks

43 459
 10-24-2016, 06:26 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
The Type M Clone has sold, thank you.  Mongoose & Muhle Travel brush still available

43 459
 10-25-2016, 07:14 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Mongoose has sold.  The Muhle travel brush is still available at 40% off retail

43 459
 10-26-2016, 04:06 AM
User Info
Gary,
      I know it's been sold but I wanted to ask you about the Schick injector.
How does the shave compare to a Double edge razor? Milder? How did it compare to the Mongoose?

Isn't it actually a replica of the Type "O" Schick?

I might add one to my collection unless it is super mild.

Thanks,
Jeff

5 337
 10-26-2016, 05:07 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(10-26-2016, 04:06 AM)JCturboT Wrote: Gary,
      I know it's been sold but I wanted to ask you about the Schick injector.
How does the shave compare to a Double edge razor? Milder? How did it compare to the Mongoose?

Isn't it actually a replica of the Type "O" Schick?

I might add one to my collection unless it is super mild.

Thanks,
Jeff
Well, you are right, it is a Type O clone.  It shaved like the real one, on the Schick scale at the far mild end, not very effective for me.  Far milder than the Mongoose, though with that I had only used Feather Professional and Super blades.
An injector shaves differently than a DE for sure - the blade is (at least with the Schick format) narrower and exponentially stiffer.  If you want try to try a SE a Schick Type E or G can be had for little outlay, and will give a very efficient shave.

43 459
 10-26-2016, 05:22 AM
User Info
Thanks for the reply Gary.

Your experience echos what other have said about the "O", very mild, although I heard with the Schick twin blades it offers a much closer shave. I prefer to have a more aggressive razor.

I do love the look of the razor though.

Jeff

5 337