10-25-2016, 10:53 AM
User Info
Bay Rums are very popular but what a variety of scents. Please post the ones that you have used and a little description as to their qualities. I have only two:

1) Captain's Choice Cat o Nine Tails - My take is mostly bay leaves with a lot of heat I am guessing from cinnamon oil. CO9T I have heard has the most heat of bay rums.

2) Stirling Bay Rum - This a/s has a lot of orange, cinnamon, and cloves going on in addition to the bay leaves. It reminds me of chai tea and makes me think of winter holiday spirit. I find this a/s to have a lot more heat than CO9T does.

2 144
 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM
User Info
I use Dominica. It's basic and without extra ingredients, dries down almost instantly, and the scent doesn't linger. I also use Bey Shave's AS/tonic with many more ingredients except alcohol, but the blend is subtle and has similar effects to the Dominica. These are the only aftershaves I use.

29 1,776
 10-25-2016, 12:11 PM
User Info
Dominica 
Meehans

39 3,882
 10-25-2016, 01:03 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Krampert's Bay Rum: The. Best. Ever.

It doesn't have that cloying pungency that I find overpowering on others, or that weird synthetic pungency; it has instead a smoky spiciness that's refreshing on the skin and revitalising to the senses. 

Wow, I should be in advertising.

But seriously; this is the most 'natural' of the admittedly few that I have tried and it changed my perspective on what a good quality Bay Rum aftershave lotion could be like.

I also find it really surprisingly moisturising.

0 1,733
 10-25-2016, 02:13 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Only bay rum I have and have ever used is Clubman Bay rum; intense burn, scent seems to stay around for a good while (at least on my skin)

7 309
 10-25-2016, 02:33 PM
User Info
My favorite is Superior 70 Bay Rum. It's main ingredient is bay oil and doesn't contain a lot of crap. I'm not good at describing scents but I know it smells nice. And it doesn't cost a lot either.

[Image: x3y7CYX.jpg]

5 1,519
 10-31-2016, 12:57 AM
User Info
I love my Bay Rums...
Ogallala Bay Rum and Ogallala Bay Rum Cedar and Sage are two amazing bay rums - need to shake them well as the essential oils separate in the bottle. Great bay aroma without too much clove, good longevity.
I also like the Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum - lots of alcohol so it really burns for a few minutes on freshly shorn skin. Not expensive but doesn't last long on the skin.

1 5
 10-31-2016, 09:37 AM
User Info
I have used Bigelow Bay Rum. It works for me. Also, though not a true bay rum I at times wear Havana Aramis.

2 24
 10-31-2016, 09:48 AM
User Info
I've only used Stirling Bay Rum and has steered me clear of others. Can't stand it due to its HEAVY clove. If there's other bay rum that is better I'd be willing to try.

0 596
 10-31-2016, 09:52 AM
User Info
(10-25-2016, 02:33 PM)shave/brush Wrote: My favorite is Superior 70 Bay Rum. It's main ingredient is bay oil and doesn't contain a lot of crap. I'm not good at describing scents but I know it smells nice. And it doesn't cost a lot either.

[Image: x3y7CYX.jpg]
Hey I may have to try it. Not clovey and good price! Cool

0 596