10-29-2016, 07:13 AM
User Info
When my pucks of soap get towards the end, they push outward and up the sides of their container. I press them back down as smoothly as I can, but I can tell that the soap has also taken on a lot of moisture and really losing it's scent. What do you do to care for your soaps especially towards the end? Sometimes I just want to toss them, but I hate to waste.

2 144
 10-29-2016, 07:19 AM
User Info
I use them until it feels like it doesn't make sense.  I can continue to press a croap toward the center and get all of it. 

I had a Mitchell's Wool Fat puck get down to the end and it broke into a bunch of pieces and I threw it out.  Like you, I don't want to waste, though at some point it isn't productive....kind of like a bar of bath soap.  At some point it is too small to be useful.

0 52
 10-29-2016, 07:58 AM
User Info
You could always mix those particular soaps with others, or transfer the remaining soap/scent to a new soap with the corresponding scent. Shy

82 21,056
 10-29-2016, 08:04 AM
User Info
With a bar of bath soap, I just add it to a new bar, so no waste. I have pressed a new puck of MWF into the ceramic container before finishing the old puck. When I got down to the bottom of that one, the soap was terrible, and I discarded the leftovers. Mixing shaving soaps could be interesting.

2 144
 10-30-2016, 03:44 PM
User Info
I have a sort of cloth bath mitt or bag (not sure what it's called) designed to hold soap and then be used as a lathering washcloth. Instead of putting a cake of soap in it, I fill it with all my odds and ends of bar ends, partial hotel soap bars, and now my leftover shaving soap puck bits. It's all soap; it lathers up and cleans me off just fine in the tub or shower.

I recently noticed that Duke Cannon "Tactical Soap on a Rope" mesh bag. It seems to me you could do the same thing with that...

1 29