10-30-2016, 07:37 AM
User Info
Always liked the look of the Schick type O razor and after missing one for sale on the BST Forum I decided to pick one up from eBarbershop.
What better one to try out then the last model produced right?

Like others have mentioned they provide no tracking info but it arrived quickly. I ordered it mid-day Wednesday 10/26 and it arrived Saturday 10/29 from Florida to Massachusetts so I was happy to use it for today's shave. I have several double edge razors, both open and closed combs,one Gem G-bar, as well as several cartridge Gillette's so I wanted to see how an injector stacks up.

I was surprised to find upon opening the package that mine was shipped with the hard "eye glass type case" as others have stated theirs came in a cardboard box.
I had read that these are best used with the Schick Twin style blades so I hit ebay and struck up a deal for 24 of the Vintage made in the USA twin injectors blades.

Some pics:

[Image: 20161030_100306_zpseqchncl8.jpg]

[Image: 20161030_100122_zpswxsmp16p.jpg]

[Image: 20161030_100457_zpslbr2eeli.jpg]

[Image: 20161030_100444_zpsbusqhnup.jpg]

Jeff

5 337
 10-30-2016, 08:18 AM
User Info
Onto the actual shave:

I used my Semogue Owners Club boar and some Mitchell Wool Fat and whipped up a nice lather then proceeded to load a injector blade.

Too cool! Felt so much more manlier that clicking on a cartridge  Rolleyes
Mine loaded the blade without much effort as I heard others have had issues with forcing the blade into the razor.

[Image: 20161030_100742-1_zpsc5jblx6b.jpg]

After a couple strokes I got the angle down and proceeded to make my customary 2 pass shave, North to South proceeded by South to North.
It couldn't have been easier as at times it felt like their was no razor loaded, it was that smooth.

After a cold water rinse I followed with with Pinaud Clubman and zero sting. I inspected my work. There were a few spots that needed touch up, the side of my mouth as well as my chin.

Am I a convert??
I don't think so as I prefer a more aggressive razor and several of my Double Edge razor's suite me just fine, but I can see where others really like this style of razor. It is extremely forgiving and if you have issues with neck burn this just might be your answer.

The shave reminds me of a Cartridge razor in it's ease as you can whip it across your face without fear of damage. It did not leave me feeling raw at all but really worked well along the jawline as well as under the nose due to it's narrow head, something that the King Cobra razor did not do well on my face.

The shave with the dual blades was more aggressive that my most mellow razor,the Edwin Jagger 89, on par with my Gillette Adjustable razors fully open, but nowhere near the aggressiveness of my most typically used DE razors,my Cadet, Fatip, Slant, and Floating Head.

I will use this razor when time is of the essence or a DWF is "good enough" and will pass it along to 12 year old Son as the loading of the blade is just too cool to resist for both old and young.

Jeff

5 337
 10-31-2016, 03:40 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Jeff, it looks like your razor is in pretty good shape. Good score! Is this the new injector razor from Supply Provisions?

I've been enjoying my G types for a while now with the Chinese made Schicks and the Personna/Pella blades, and have come to prefer the Chicks. I've been intrigued with the concept of the twin injector blade but my injector shaves are so close I just haven't gotten around to trying the twin blades. Hey, fwiw, doesn't it seem like putting 2 blades in one injector case is just weird and wasteful?

Enjoy your shaves Smile

4 1,902
 10-31-2016, 06:17 PM
User Info
supply provision is all stainless injector razor and its adjustable with 3 different  heads

0 168
 10-31-2016, 06:33 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
(10-31-2016, 06:17 PM)bazemk Wrote: supply provision is all stainless injector razor and its adjustable with 3 different  heads

Are you using one? If so from which batch? I'd read that there were some QC concerns with the first run, and am curious if they've been resolved.

4 1,902
 11-01-2016, 04:55 AM
User Info
If you are looking for a more aggressive injector, the E types are good options. Much more aggressive, though they will not take a twin blade. But modem Schick injector blades are great. There are also vintage adjustables like the Schick dial or the Pal adjustable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

0 52