08-07-2012, 05:33 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
There is now a new version of the Proraso soap in the white bowl which contains green tea and oatmeal, and it is absolutely magnificent.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Great lather so easily.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability for multi-passes.

General skincare: 10/10--I cannot believe how soothing it is.

Scent: 9/10--It seems the same as the older version. Very nice.

Price: 9/10--Very reasonable. Only 9,95$ CAD here in Montreal.

Would I buy again: 10/10-- You better believe it!

The older version of this soap was and still is awesome, but this stuff is even better. The lather, blade glide, and skincare are marvellous. If you have sensitive skin like myself, you are in for a real treat. This soap will take good care of you. It also contains some menthol for enough of a cooling effect to make a shave even more pleasant.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 08-07-2012, 05:58 PM
User Info
I've got a tub of this coming from Italian Barber later this month. Can't wait to give it a spin!

2 362
 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM
User Info
Holy cow, Jeff. Where do you get all your creams and soaps! Will you ever be able to use them all up! Hee hee. Thanks for the review.

75 20,883
 08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Jeff,thanks and do you have its ingredients list available?

86 7,123
 08-07-2012, 09:01 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Well Im gonna post a pic of the ingredients,if anybody wants to know them (pic courtesy of teucro,from foroafeitado.com)

[Image: IMG_6415.jpg]

86 7,123
 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
I will definitely have to try this. Thanks for the review. Clap

16 545
 08-08-2012, 04:20 PM
User Info
Thanks for your review. I think this is one of the best buys in all of shaving software. I find it easy to make very good and slick lather out of it. Performance-wise it's quite comparable to MDC for me. If I liked menthol more i would go through lots of it.

15 762
 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(08-07-2012, 07:37 PM)celestino Wrote: Holy cow, Jeff. Where do you get all your creams and soaps! Will you ever be able to use them all up! Hee hee. Thanks for the review.

My friend, I think my creams and soaps will be here even long after I'm gone - my grandchildren's grandchildren will be using them!

3 2,562
 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have not used it yet but it looks like I will have to soon.

45 16,345
 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM
User Info
Good to see another winning product review. Thanks Jeff.

(08-07-2012, 09:01 PM)Teiste Wrote: Well Im gonna post a pic of the ingredients,if anybody wants to know them (pic courtesy of teucro,from foroafeitado.com)

[Image: IMG_6415.jpg]

So I think we can now dis-spell the myth that the EU is getting rid of SLS.

0 241
 08-08-2012, 07:02 PM
  • brian
  • I wear sandalwood sandles
  • THE SWAMP (Florida)
User Info
Quote:So I think we can now dis-spell the myth that the EU is getting rid of SLS.

Gary - although many surfactants share initials that could amount to "SLS", the villainous one that some people avoid is actually Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which you'll find is completely absent from the new Proraso line.

Myth or not, it's not in this soap.

11 366
 08-09-2012, 03:26 AM
User Info
(08-08-2012, 07:02 PM)brian Wrote:
Quote:So I think we can now dis-spell the myth that the EU is getting rid of SLS.

Gary - although many surfactants share initials that could amount to "SLS", the villainous one that some people avoid is actually Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which you'll find is completely absent from the new Proraso line.

Myth or not, it's not in this soap.

Thanks Brian, and here I was thinking that all SLS's were bad. Interesting.

0 241
 08-21-2014, 04:49 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I used my White tub this morning and figured this deserved a "bump". I guess I should stop being amazed at how easily it produces a great mentholated lather. My skin feels great.

[Image: SOTD8-21-14_zps373f254e.jpg]

It looks like the Ingredients "went away" so here:

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Stearic Acid, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Parfum (fragrance), Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citral Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Thymus vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA.

4 2,380
 08-21-2014, 06:10 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
The white is my favorite version of Proraso... I love the scent and the performance simply never fails me. When I travel, the white tub is the most frequent soap that accompanies me

29 1,581
 08-21-2014, 07:58 AM
User Info
The Proraso White was my second soap I'd ever bought and tried, after a disastrous attempt with a Trumpers Sandalwood that I still can't comprehend how it maintains a 4-star rating on Amazon.

Anyway, I credit this soap with preventing me from throwing in the towel on lathering after the Trumpers trash and finally understanding what a good lather was. But I moved on eventually. The lather was great, but what was not so great (for me) was the slickness and how it coated everything in a white film. My sink and my blade required extra buffing after every shave and I got tired of it.

15 238
 08-21-2014, 08:11 AM
User Info
I have never used the white, but I am gonna give it a try.

2 51
 08-21-2014, 01:12 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I'm a red man myself.

6 2,006
 08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
User Info
The "white film" that a few have reported is the reason I am on the fence with this soap. Quite a bit of my shaving gear is all black so a white film would be noticeable right away. Does the Proraso Green produce the same type of film?

(08-21-2014, 07:58 AM)shakermaker41 Wrote: The Proraso White was my second soap I'd ever bought and tried, after a disastrous attempt with a Trumpers Sandalwood that I still can't comprehend how it maintains a 4-star rating on Amazon.

Anyway, I credit this soap with preventing me from throwing in the towel on lathering after the Trumpers trash and finally understanding what a good lather was. But I moved on eventually. The lather was great, but what was not so great (for me) was the slickness and how it coated everything in a white film. My sink and my blade required extra buffing after every shave and I got tired of it.

13 107
 08-24-2014, 05:24 PM
User Info
(08-22-2014, 06:05 PM)HaigUltra76 Wrote: The "white film" that a few have reported is the reason I am on the fence with this soap. Quite a bit of my shaving gear is all black so a white film would be noticeable right away. Does the Proraso Green produce the same type of film?

(08-21-2014, 07:58 AM)shakermaker41 Wrote: The Proraso White was my second soap I'd ever bought and tried, after a disastrous attempt with a Trumpers Sandalwood that I still can't comprehend how it maintains a 4-star rating on Amazon.

Whenever I hear "white film" when soap is involved, I think of soap scum. Maybe not though... The same effect probably would have been noticed with other soaps, depending on what they're made of. If I'm not mistaken, synthetic detergents are less susceptible to it.

0 936
 08-26-2014, 02:26 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I've never noticed that.

3 2,562