11-02-2016, 03:50 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I really appreciate it when I receive orders I made and see a personal note from the vendor/ artisan. It's a really nice personal touch that increases customer's loyalty and makes the day of a person, even a handwritten 'thank you'. It feels like this person appreciates your business and respect you as a customer. It's always a nice surprise to see them when I open the package. Not all the vendors/artisans do that, but with those that do it, it seems that I have a personal connection, I'm kinda more loyal to them. I also can't throw away these notes and keep them along with the others I've received.

How do you feel about these notes?

49 2,017
 11-02-2016, 04:15 PM
User Info
It does feel nice to have these notes in the package, makes you feel special and appreciate. While I appreciate the effort taken by the vendor it's not really something I look for, as long as the items were packaged correctly and shipped in a timely manner then I'm happy with my order. These small touches will encourage me to be loyal to a vendor as long as the service is great.

18 468
 11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
User Info
Most of the times those notes don't have an effect on me. But one time I was really impressed: I was not satisfied with a coticule I purchased from a local vendor and was instructed to return directly to Belgium. With the stone went a note detailing why I believe the stone wasn't suitable for honing a razor. With the new stone in return I received my note with annotations and signed by Maurice answering my observations, and on a quite skillful manner for the uncomfortable position he was in.

8 1,210
 11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I enjoy a brief handwritten note, especially from a vendor I've used several times and I can tell that it's somewhat personalized. I still like to send thank you notes or birthday or holiday cards, rather than an electronic message, so perhaps it shows my age, and it might be why I enjoy these little notes from vendors or artisans. I also like to have a little communication with some of my favorite vendors, such as Michelle from Mystic Waters, or Paolo from Sapone Di Paolo, as it just adds to the enjoyment of shaving.

38 5,199
 11-02-2016, 09:58 PM
User Info
I think things like that humanize the Internet machine and remind you there are real live people there making it happen. They pulled your order themselves and added a note to thank you. Totally unnecessary, but 1,000,000% appreciated. Things like that make ALL the difference for me regarding who I would like to do business with. The seemingly 'little things' like that speak volumes about the effort they put in.

7 330
 11-03-2016, 12:31 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Just a simple thank you is all that is required to let me know that I am appreciated.  It doesn't take much time to do, but it does add a touch of class in a more and more thankless society.

149 2,822
 11-03-2016, 01:05 PM
User Info
(11-02-2016, 09:58 PM)vigilantesd Wrote: I think things like that humanize the Internet machine and remind you there are real live people there making it happen. They pulled your order themselves and added a note to thank you. Totally unnecessary, but 1,000,000% appreciated. Things like that make ALL the difference for me regarding who I would like to do business with. The seemingly 'little things' like that speak volumes about the effort they put in.

Precisely why I do it. I detest the dehumanization that the 'net fosters. WE'RE ALL PEOPLE! And not merely text on a screen. As horrible as I am with remembering names I try my hardest to remember the folks who trust their faces to me.

32 6,471
 11-03-2016, 03:11 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I do appreciate hand written notes with my orders. In a retail consumer world where in most scenarios you are just another number/order/customer, getting a little individualized attention makes me feel like my business and support are appreciated. Just that little extra jesture means something to me and definitely increases my perception of the business or individual I purchased from

34 1,627
 11-03-2016, 05:31 PM
User Info
It isn't necessary, but it sure adds an element of warmth and humanity to the transaction. Shy

83 21,115
 11-03-2016, 05:57 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
I like the occasional handwritten note, but nothing beats a good light up pen!   Wink

49 639
 11-08-2016, 02:29 PM
User Info
(11-02-2016, 03:50 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
I really appreciate it when I receive orders I made and see a personal note from the vendor/ artisan. It's a really nice personal touch that increases customer's loyalty and makes the day of a person, even a handwritten 'thank you'. It feels like this person appreciates your business and respect you as a customer. It's always a nice surprise to see them when I open the package. Not all the vendors/artisans do that, but with those that do it, it seems that I have a personal connection, I'm kinda more loyal to them. I also can't throw away these notes and keep them along with the others I've received.

Same here, Nick. I appreciate them and can't throw them away either.

11 1,170
 11-08-2016, 02:49 PM
User Info
I always enjoy a nice hand written sentiment Smile. A friend of mine is a huge public speaker to different corporations on the importance of distinction in business . He also talks about how the personal touch and human aspect has almost disappeared in corporations. My hat's off to the vendors.

49 356
 11-08-2016, 03:48 PM
User Info
It shows that the person appreciate your business and it's a sign of class & attention to important details such as the customer IMHO

I will rather deal with folks that add that personal touch, than those who don't.

Especially when it's shaving related items, but also just in general.

24 6,019
 11-11-2016, 05:21 AM
User Info
Agreed I enjoy seeing the personal touch and for those that put that sort of time into something it shows they are thoughtful and classy.

63 1,597
 11-11-2016, 08:00 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I treasure the personal notes I often receive, it always makes the purchase a special one.

99 18,011
 11-17-2016, 02:34 AM
User Info
(11-02-2016, 03:50 PM)nikos.a Wrote:

I agree...this is a nice gesture. It make me appreciate even more that there is a person behind the business.

0 43