11-06-2016, 05:46 AM
User Info
I know, that an actual cigar tobacco smells like very few of the fragrances, that lists tobacco, but I enjoy tobacco in most forms (unless we are talking the smoke from a cheap cigar, which i find repulsive)

With that said, what are your favourite tobacco scented fragrances ?

I own all these, except the SMN Acqua di Cuba, which I have on order, and love them, especially in the winter time:

By Killian Back to Black (My favourite of them all)

Phaedon Tabac Rouge
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Parfums de Marlery Herod
Diptyque Volutes
Mugler Pure Havane
Czech & Speak Cuba
Aramis Havana
Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano
Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Cuba
Versace Man
Versace The Dreamer
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP
Calvin Klein CK One SHOCK
Carolina Herrera For Men
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
Alt Innsbruck
L'Occitane Eau des Baux (tobacco not listed, but I get the vibe from it)
Burberry London
Serge Lutens Chergui
Creed Tabarome Millesime
Michael Kors for men (original 2001 release, not the 2014 release, which lacks the tobacco note)

24 5,969
 11-06-2016, 07:17 AM
User Info
Creed Millesime Tabarome

13 496
 11-06-2016, 07:31 AM
User Info
Stirling Gentleman. At first I wasn't sure, but the scent grew on me very quickly.

2 144
 11-06-2016, 08:25 AM
User Info
(11-06-2016, 07:17 AM)22bulldog Wrote: Creed Millesime Tabarome

Great one, I forgot that I in fact also own that in 120 ml version and have only used it 3-4 times since I purchasd it in 2011  Blush

I love it, it's a very understated mild ginger tobacco fragrance.
I'll add it to my list of favourite tobacco fragrances.

24 5,969
 11-06-2016, 10:54 AM
User Info
By Kilian Back to Black
TF - TV

Chergui has been on radar for sometime.

I would want to hear your opinion on SMN frags other than tobacco. Which is the best SMN frag in your collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 803
 11-06-2016, 11:59 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
For some reason I prefer smoking tobacco more than smelling like that. Biggrin 

Of course, the tobacco scents are not the same with smoking tobacco but you understand what I mean.

49 1,999
 11-06-2016, 02:16 PM
User Info
(11-06-2016, 10:54 AM)Jags009 Wrote: By Kilian Back to Black
TF - TV

Chergui has been on radar for sometime.

I would want to hear your opinion on SMN frags other than tobacco. Which is the best SMN frag in your collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only own 3 SMN frags, so not that big of a SMN collection to chose from.

But I have sniffed 8-10 or so of the SMN frags, since a store, where I buy my SMN shaving soaps at, they have almost all the SMN fragrances, and you can sample them quite easy, if they know you.

My favourite SMN frag, outside of the two tobacco frags from them, which incidentally also are my two favourites from SMN, is with no doubt Potpourri.

You have to like a bit of dirty floral with a dark twist to appreciate this. It's definitely something a random guy, not into fragrances, would appreciate.
And it is best sniffed at an arm length away and not up close. It's quite in your face, if you sniff it at 2-3 cm length up close, but once you wear it, you get these fantastic whiffs of dark quite dirty dusty florals, potpurri in french means 'rotten jar'.

After that SMN Nostalgia is my favoruite. One of the best leather fragrances ever made. Stunning. But not for the faint hearted either. just like Potpourri. You really get a gasoline and leather scent mix here. Not a Fahrenheit gasoline scent, far more brutal in your face.

I also like SMN Acqua di Colonia, a fragrance created by SMN in 1533, yes 1533.
It's a very basic 4711 edition, longevity: 1 hour top.

But it's simply not good enough compared to my 5-6 Acqua di Parma Colonia citrus frags and a 10-20 other citrus based I have in my collection.

Same with SMN Acqua di Sicilia, smells almost like 4711 with some addec citrus fruits. Nice, but not GREAT.

24 5,969
 11-07-2016, 05:04 PM
User Info
It varies by season and mood but here a couple of my favorites:

SMN Acqua di Cuba - love this one when the weather is warm. Like smoking cigar on the beach near a citrus farm
 (on a side not my other top SMN is Peau D'Espagne no tobacco but a great dirty leather)

Amouage Memoir Man - I like this on cool rainy days

Sonoma Scent Studios Tabac Aurea - Good all around tobacco

Tom Ford Tabacco Vanille - This is a bit sweet for me so I use only on cold winter nights.

24 228