11-06-2016, 02:37 PM
User Info
Good Day Gents, I have only a handful of vendors I deal with on shaving but this one is a new one to me so has anyone dealt with classic shaving and if so how was the experience, I know some folks have had issues with some vendors but have never heard of this one so figured I better ask before placing a possible order of a loom strop for my son.

6 1,404
 11-06-2016, 03:11 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Classic shaving has been the vendor for Hart Steel straights and Cobra SE razors. I've purchased a Cobra and three straights from them a couple of years ago, and was pleased with their service. However, I believe that they are under new management, who I've had no experience with.

38 5,199
 11-06-2016, 03:18 PM
User Info
(11-06-2016, 03:11 PM)evnpar Wrote: Classic shaving has been the vendor for Hart Steel straights and Cobra SE razors. I've purchased a Cobra and three straights from them a couple of years ago, and was pleased with their service. However, I believe that they are under new management, who I've had no experience with.

Richard, thank you for the reply, I sent them a few emails asking about the product in question and received no replies and there is not a phone number to call, I will wait a few more days and if no response I will have to possible look elsewhere.

6 1,404
 11-06-2016, 03:27 PM
User Info
I believe they don't work over the weekend and their email response is a little slow. Interestingly one that I received quite quickly was asking about the tensio.
I attach the image they sent, in case it helps. 
[Image: yZ30Fox.jpg]

8 1,210
 11-06-2016, 04:24 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I have several strops, but I've never used a loom strop, although the people who use them seem to really like them. I have no idea about this particular strop.

38 5,199
 11-06-2016, 04:43 PM
User Info
Thanks for the reply Gents, I will see if I get a response by mid week

6 1,404
 11-06-2016, 05:05 PM
User Info
Years ago I purchased  Hart Steel and Dovo straight razors from them and received fast service.  However, they have been acquired by a new company and I have not purchased from them since the change of ownership.  Last month I did submit an inquiry to their customer service department.  After waiting two weeks and not getting a response ,  I sent the same inquiry again.  I never received any response to my second inquiry either.

50 6,428
 11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(11-06-2016, 05:05 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Years ago I purchased  Hart Steel and Dovo straight razors from them and received fast service.  However, they have been acquired by a new company and I have not purchased from them since the change of ownership.  Last month I did submit an inquiry to their customer service department.  After waiting two weeks and not getting a response ,  I sent the same inquiry again.  I never received any response to my second inquiry either.

That doesn't sound good.

38 5,199
 11-07-2016, 04:22 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Can't help you with the company as I don't know them. However any information about that loom strop can be directed at rasurpur in germany, they where the one who brought it on the market together with the developer (who was a engineer at Thiers Issard straight razor company btw).

28 1,449
 11-07-2016, 06:09 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
I've sent emails asking about some of their limited Hart straights and they always take a few days to answer, which was earlier this year. They shouldn't be bad even now as they're the ones that brought the Hart brand to market and maintain exclusivity on their limited run pieces.  I've purchased from them in the past, like Richard has as well, the King Cobra and numerous Rooney 2 bands used to be able to be bought from Classic Shaving, on one instance they even upgraded a brush as the one I purchased was incorrectly marked as in stock (they called me first to tell me and what they wanted to offer me).  It doesn't hurt to just follow up and just send another email through their help page as it may have gotten buried if they receive lots of email.

36 1,336
 11-07-2016, 03:09 PM
User Info
I will send then another email and see what happens

6 1,404
 11-09-2016, 01:28 PM
User Info
Ended up not hearing back from these folks after several attempts so went with another Vendor and they carried the Tensio but after chatting with him thru several emails his recommendation was a paddle strop, this strop is going to be for my son and he does not care for a hanging strop so thats why i was thinking loom but Martin at Rasurpur advised that it more than likely would not be a good idea due to it's width and his lack of experience in stropping and he suggested the large paddle with replaceable panels so thats what I went with

[Image: 6gk7WTk.jpg]

6 1,404
 11-09-2016, 01:37 PM
User Info
Thanks for sharing. I might follow the same route. SRD's looks nice.

8 1,210
 11-09-2016, 05:01 PM
User Info
Tensio
Is a nice idea with replaceable leather but execution is a failure. Tension is hard to adjust and it can be finicky.

3 742
 11-09-2016, 05:06 PM
User Info
(11-09-2016, 05:01 PM)SteelTown Wrote: Tensio
Is a nice idea with replaceable leather but execution is a failure. Tension is hard to adjust and it can be finicky.

Really ? Well glad I passed then and went with the paddle for him.

6 1,404
 11-09-2016, 10:47 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
You made a good choice, the paddle is fantastic and lots of choices as far as panels go.

28 1,449