11-09-2016, 06:12 PM
User Info
I notice there are more Mergress razors up on Bullgoose's site - which I think is great.

I've given away all my fixed blade razors in preference for my Mergress XL - and converted at least one co-worker to wet-shaving in the process!  Smile

I just can't say enough about Mer's work to improve on the Progress adjustable razor - excellent heft, balance, craftsmanship, tighter tolerances than the Progress... and a beautiful SS knob that replaces Merkur's ugly yellow plastic one.  Worth every penny I spent on it.  My only regret, if indeed it's that, is that I'd purchased all those other razors before getting my Mergress. 

My only hope is that Merkur (or even Mer himself) will one day come up with a completely stainless steel version of the Progress.

Anyway... my $0.02.  Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100

0 377
 11-09-2016, 06:32 PM
User Info
I've only used the standard version. IMO the Mergress is an awesome razor and I plan to keep it in my rotation. I just don't see myself sticking to only one razor.

8 1,058
 11-09-2016, 07:00 PM
User Info
(11-09-2016, 06:32 PM)lloydrm Wrote: I've only used the standard version. IMO the Mergress is an awesome razor and I plan to keep it in my rotation. I just don't see myself sticking to only one razor.

Totally understood.  

In truth, I have kept my ATT Kronos with R and M heads - just too much invested in it to give that one away.  And I'll shave with it - occasionally Smile.  And I'm not giving away my original Merkur Progress (keeping for travel or as a backup), but I've given away all my other EJ, Muhle, and Merkur fixed blade razors - which I'm glad I purchased because they all gave me decent shaves and taught me a lot about what works best for me (and what may not work that well).

But my shaving experience with my Mergress is just too good to want to use anything else for now.  I figure, if it works - and works amazingly well, why change?  Smile

0 377
 11-09-2016, 08:02 PM
User Info