11-13-2016, 04:28 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Anyone use a Weber Bulldog handle on their Rockwell 6s?  I was thinking the polished stainless would look nice and I like the knurling on the Weber.  I used to have one but should it before I bought my Rockwell.  Wish I hadn't and was wondering about the combo.  I do get get shaves out of my Rockwell and would want to do anything to change that.

10 296
 11-13-2016, 04:31 PM
  • gagarin
  • Student of Stainless
  • Pelotillehue
User Info
(11-13-2016, 04:28 PM)NJDJ Wrote: Anyone use a Weber Bulldog handle on their Rockwell 6s?  I was thinking the polished stainless would look nice and I like the knurling on the Weber.  I used to have one but should it before I bought my Rockwell.  Wish I hadn't and was wondering about the combo.  I do get get shaves out of my Rockwell and would want to do anything to change that.

I use the Weber bulldog handle with my Rockwell.  The grip, length and balance are perfect, IMO an improvement over the stock handle.

1 96
 11-14-2016, 03:50 AM
User Info
I'll have to try it tonight. I got a Weber Bulldog on my Nikon 102 slant head that I'm not using anymore. Head weight to handle ratio should be interesting.

49 356
 11-14-2016, 07:14 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
(11-14-2016, 03:50 AM)jhawlz Wrote: I'll have to try it tonight. I got a Weber Bulldog on my Nikon 102 slant head that I'm not using anymore. Head weight to handle ratio should be interesting.

Please let me know what you think once you try it. I am really curious.

10 296
 11-15-2016, 10:04 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Anyone else?

10 296
 11-15-2016, 12:00 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Most of us switch various handle around with no problems or issues...just come down to what looks better or feels better or works better...really no big deal...right now i use my Rockwell with a RazoRock grooved handle and matching stand and my Ikon SE El Jafe with the Rockwell handle because it matches perfectly and the only real issue may be if the threads don,t match or the base plate doesn,t fit the handle top diameter.....also what really matters if YOU like the result.

6 2,045
 11-15-2016, 01:25 PM
User Info
While I have a Weber Wave handle, I love the handle that comes with the Rockwell 6S. I used to like the bulldog size handles more than I do now. Of course wait 5 minutes and that can change. As always, YMMV.

2 144
 11-15-2016, 02:46 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Well, I had a Weber Bulldog handle that I used on a EJ head.  When I bought the Rockwell, I sold the Bulldog...doooh!  Thinking back, I think I might like the deeper knurling of the Weber over the Rockwell stock.  I was just hoping to hear from some guys that made the switch to see what they thought.  The demensions are pretty similiar...the Rockwell is slightly longer.

10 296
 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM
User Info
Anyone ever strip a Rockwell head because it is SAE and most other new handles are metric?

0 19
 11-18-2016, 05:25 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
(11-16-2016, 06:01 PM)CJohnLaitly Wrote: Anyone ever strip a Rockwell head because it is SAE and most other new handles are metric?

Do you know this to be true or are you asking a question?

10 296
 11-18-2016, 12:38 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 05:25 AM)NJDJ Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 06:01 PM)CJohnLaitly Wrote: Anyone ever strip a Rockwell head because it is SAE and most other new handles are metric?

I'm asking a question, and I know Rockwell threading is SAE while everyone else (or darn near) is using a metric threading.  There's no industry standard, but M5X0.8 is what everyone else but Rockwell uses.

“The Rockwell handle uses 10-32 SAE thread, many modern razors use M5x0.8 thread. There’s a 5% difference in diameter and a 1% difference in thread pitch....

I did ask Gareth Rockwell, who heads up the company, about the thread-pitch issue. He wrote:

“The pitch between 10-32 and M5x.8 are nearly identical, but the diameter differs slightly. We selected the smaller diameter 10-32 to ensure the threading (which is produced straight from MIM, and is not machined) would comfortably fit within an M5x.8, even if there was a slight variation in diameters between pieces (accounting for the – very slight – variability within critical dimensions inherent in MIM). You’ll notice we also flattened the threading on two sides of the threading of the 6S cap, both to allow it to be produced by MIM and so that it leaves enough play that it can comfortably work with a M5x.8 handle.”

-from http://sharpologist.com/2016/03/good-bet...razor.html

0 19
 11-18-2016, 12:51 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Also to note....you will never strip a handle threading or center post if you don,t force it...also lubricate the post and thread.....and like was said in the OJ trial..."if it don,t fit you must aquit"

6 2,045
 11-18-2016, 03:32 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
(11-18-2016, 12:38 PM)CJohnLaitly Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 05:25 AM)NJDJ Wrote:

I'm asking a question, and I know Rockwell threading is SAE while everyone else (or darn near) is using a metric threading.  There's no industry standard, but M5X0.8 is what everyone else but Rockwell uses.

“The Rockwell handle uses 10-32 SAE thread, many modern razors use M5x0.8 thread. There’s a 5% difference in diameter and a 1% difference in thread pitch....

I did ask Gareth Rockwell, who heads up the company, about the thread-pitch issue. He wrote:

“The pitch between 10-32 and M5x.8 are nearly identical, but the diameter differs slightly. We selected the smaller diameter 10-32 to ensure the threading (which is produced straight from MIM, and is not machined) would comfortably fit within an M5x.8, even if there was a slight variation in diameters between pieces (accounting for the – very slight – variability within critical dimensions inherent in MIM). You’ll notice we also flattened the threading on two sides of the threading of the 6S cap, both to allow it to be produced by MIM and so that it leaves enough play that it can comfortably work with a M5x.8 handle.”

-from http://sharpologist.com/2016/03/good-bet...razor.html
Very good info.  Thanks for sharing!

10 296