11-15-2016, 07:38 AM
User Info
Received this soap yesterday from Connaught Shaving in UK. I love it!
Very pleasing scent that made the room smell good. Not too strong, not too mild.
The ingredients list includes tallow as well as several others that make for a thick rich and smooth lather.
Slick and protective. Long lasting.
Post shave skin feels soft and smooth. Not dry.
Highly recommended.

24 1,226
 11-15-2016, 06:57 PM
User Info
Sounds nice , a lot of gents are enjoying this soap.

63 1,597
 11-15-2016, 08:33 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I love that this soap was inspired by David Bowie. It must be amazing.

6 389
 11-15-2016, 10:18 PM
User Info
I also tested mine last night.

I have had my problems with the P&B soaps, as mentioned in a thread here on for forum, but I never said anything negative about the performance of the soap and the scents.

For some odd reason this soap just liks my skin and hates my beard - because my beard is shaven clean off, every time I use one of my now 8 P&B soaps and my skin feels great.

As I said, if/when Kerry, the artisan behind P&B, gets the curing of the soap right and make sure to learn how to put an equal amount of soap in each pot, give or take 5-10%, he has a winner soap.

I know that 115 gram of one soap will not take up the same room as 115 gram of another soap - but if you are like me and buy the entire line, and one pot is filled 40% and another is filled 80%, it just looks odd and unprofessional. in my view you can not argue your way out of this.

Heck even some of my DR Harris cream came only 50% filled - and the rest are 80-90% full, this looks unprofessional too. And that's DR Harris.

But P&B had this problem with half of the soaps I own from him.

I got replacement for 2 of them, sold the other, and now have a new complete 8 piece P&B soap collection, and all are 60-80% full, and I love them.
I don't get the armonia scent, that some have reported about, in any of the 12 P&B soaps I have used.

Honestly I will rate my P&B soaps a 9.25/10 for overall performance and scents.
They are that good for my skin.

If the bottom plastic tub was in a better quality, I would rate this soap a 9.5/10.

It performs almost similar to my I Coloniali and Nuavia and the other star soaps in my collection.

24 6,021
 11-15-2016, 10:38 PM
User Info
The scent sounds pretty spiffy from their website. Probably more floral than is my preference, but if they blended it as nicely as they did Albion (which I don't doubt), the basenotes of musk probably round it out very nice.

6 806
 11-15-2016, 11:07 PM
User Info
(11-15-2016, 10:18 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I also tested mine last night.

I have had my problems with the P&B soaps, as mentioned in a thread here on for forum, but I never said anything negative about the performance of the soap and the scents.

For some odd reason this soap just liks my skin and hates my beard - because my beard is shaven clean off, every time I use one of my now 8 P&B soaps and my skin feels great.

As I said, if/when Kerry, the artisan behind P&B, gets the curing of the soap right and make sure to learn how to put an equal amount of soap in each pot, give or take 5-10%, he has a winner soap.

I know that 115 gram of one soap will not take up the same room as 115 gram of another soap - but if you are like me and buy the entire line, and one pot is filled 40% and another is filled 80%, it just looks odd and unprofessional. in my view you can not argue your way out of this.

Heck even some of my DR Harris cream came only 50% filled - and the rest are 80-90% full, this looks unprofessional too. And that's DR Harris.

But P&B had this problem with half of the soaps I own from him.

I got replacement for 2 of them, sold the other, and now have a new complete 8 piece P&B soap collection, and all are 60-80% full, and I love them.
I don't get the armonia scent, that some have reported about, in any of the 12 P&B soaps I have used.

Honestly I will rate my P&B soaps a 9.25/10 for overall performance and scents.
They are that good for my skin.

If the bottom plastic tub was in a better quality, I would rate this soap a 9.5/10.

It performs almost similar to my I Coloniali and Nuavia and the other star soaps in my collection.

This is what concerns me whenever I am tempted to purchase a P&B soap. I really want to try them but it would be very upsetting to receive a tub that's not filled properly.

11 1,170
 11-16-2016, 12:16 PM
User Info
It's a very good product. I wanted it and I'm very happy to have it. Smile

24 1,226
 11-16-2016, 08:46 PM
User Info
(11-16-2016, 12:16 PM)brothers Wrote: It's a very good product. I wanted it and I'm very happy to have it. Smile

I'm so close  to getting one too Gary. Enjoy it in good health Smile

11 1,170
 11-16-2016, 08:56 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I love that this soap is a tribute to David Bowie. RIP.

6 389