11-15-2016, 07:57 AM
User Info
Hi guys,
I have been a wet shaver for many many years and have always used a DE razor, my favourite at the moment is a gold plated Gillette Tech.

I was browsing ebay and came across a few Schick injectors, I remember them from many years back, and on a whim bought one.

Do you guys have any tips on using a SE Schick, I think its a model E, is the shave angle the same, are blades readily available etc.

Many thanks.

0 5
 11-15-2016, 08:06 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You can get blades almost anywhere.  Just do a google search for Schick Injector Blades.  As for as tips on using, follow these directions.  Especially step 4.

[Image: Qq3MJnz.jpg]

175 23,752
 11-15-2016, 08:10 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(11-15-2016, 07:57 AM)freddiethestaffie Wrote: Hi guys,
I have been a wet shaver for many many years and have always used a DE razor, my favourite at the moment is a gold plated Gillette Tech.

I was browsing ebay and came across a few Schick injectors, I remember them from many years back, and on a whim bought one.

Do you guys have any tips on using a SE Schick, I think its a model E, is the shave angle the same, are blades readily available etc.

Many thanks.

Injector Schicks are great - very efficient, they are easy to shave with for me anyway -  they are like cheating they are so easy.  That said, the Type E is one of the more aggressive.  The shave angle isn't terribly different from most DE's, just go slow until you find the best angle for you is all that's required.   

Blades are a little harder to source than DE, and slightly more expensive though most find they last longer.  Many local non-chain drugstores still carry some (mine does).  The two main modern sources are Schick made in China "Chicks"  (https://www.amazon.com/Schick-Injector-B...lades&th=1) and Personna's, which aren't as sharp but much cheaper usually in a plastic injector that some complain about.  

You'll need to find some blades, then enjoy the shaves

43 461
 11-15-2016, 08:15 AM
User Info
Thanks for the info guys.

Have found blades with Connaught shaving.

0 5
 11-15-2016, 04:10 PM
User Info
Connaught is great for SE blade  prices, bought bunch of Gem razor blades and Injector blades all from Personna

0 171