03-18-2017, 08:35 AM
User Info
Splash:
Myrsol, Pitralon, RazoRock

Balms:
Stirling.
After reading I will need to check Soap Commander because is getting a lot of attention.

1 52
 04-11-2017, 02:48 PM
User Info
I bought bottles of Pinaud Lime Sec and Osage Rub (doubling the cost factor to make this price respectable - it is a $20+ aftershave now), mixed them together, added a squirt of witch hazel (to add skin healing benefit) and slather it on.  Best of all worlds!

8 49
 04-13-2017, 09:39 AM
  • Quando
  • Wo Fürsten Stehen
User Info
I had been switching around/"rotating" my aftershaves, for years, before realising Proraso is my favourite.  I love their balm, and, tonic.

0 325
 04-13-2017, 03:23 PM
User Info
I went with L'Occitane CADE @ $45 and don't regret it at all. It's fabulous.....
However my #2 is Pre de Provence #63 excellent product ALMOST as good as the CADE at only $25
I switch between the two and both have outstanding face feel.

0 94
 04-13-2017, 04:43 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(11-15-2016, 12:16 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I've been looking at aftershave lotions and balms at numerous vendors and notice the variation in prices.  In general, is there really any significant difference between $15 and $45 products?  It is not that I cannot see that certain ingredients would be more costly; but does the overall performance of the products vary accordingly?  If so, in what ways?

Let me jump in with my one and a half cents worth.  Mostly no. For most products in that range there's not really that much difference in performance....unless you consider fragrance part of the performance. But if you try to apply such concepts as "it costs 50% more is the performance 50% better?" to the judgement you'll get nowhere. It's best just to ask "it's better (I like it better), it costs more, but is the difference to me negligible?" and if the answer is yes, get it.

7 2,204