11-16-2016, 01:29 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Just checked the One Blade web site. Sure enough price is now $399.

68 1,047
 11-16-2016, 01:32 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I thought prices were supposed to get cheaper for 'Black Friday'. Biggrin

47 1,903
 11-16-2016, 01:33 PM
User Info
(11-16-2016, 01:32 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: I thought prices were supposed to get cheaper for 'Black Friday'. Biggrin

Now that's funny right there! Laughing1

31 8,056
 11-16-2016, 03:32 PM
User Info
The sale numbers are not as high as expected. As a result, the price goes up in order to survive.  A black Friday roll back will bring the price to its previous level, but now it will be a discounted price. Anyway, this is not a razor to dream about - there are less pricey similar or even better razors now - and it does not fit everyone. Just forget about it and get a Hawk. Just a thought.

29 275
 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM
User Info
The OneBlade, the one and only that will break your wallet

0 173
 11-16-2016, 04:14 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Now that the price is higher, I'm definitely in...

34 1,628
 11-16-2016, 04:18 PM
User Info
It's beginning to look like something for my wallet, now that they have raised the price  Biggrin

I only paid $360 for my latest Mühle razor, so this OneBlade 2.0 will be more in line of what a real price should be for a good razor  Tongue

24 5,850
 11-16-2016, 04:24 PM
User Info
(11-16-2016, 04:18 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: It's beginning to look like something for my wallet, now that they have raised the price  Biggrin

I only paid $360 for my latest Mühle razor, so this OneBlade 2.0 will be more in line of what a real price should be for a good razor  Tongue

you paid $360 for a Muhle? a zamak/pot metal razor? ouch...

0 173
 11-16-2016, 04:28 PM
User Info
(11-16-2016, 04:24 PM)bazemk Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 04:18 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: It's beginning to look like something for my wallet, now that they have raised the price  Biggrin

This was what I paid $360 for, and I don't regret it - great looking and performing razor  Thumbup

[Image: red%203%20f_2.jpg]

24 5,850
 11-16-2016, 04:37 PM
User Info
Is there confirmation of what mods where made to the razor?

8 1,065
 11-16-2016, 04:40 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
OneBlade is a fantastic razor. It's expensive, we all know that, no surprise here. It performs like a champ. Feather FHS are some of the best blades available, they're superior. These guys made an awesome razor. My thinking differs from many gentlemen's here. Let's say that you buy several 200$ razors and have a collection that cost you a lot more than 1K, or even 2. Your rotation consists of too many razors. Are you sure you enjoy all of them equally? I have too many, 30 different to be more accurate, and right now I use only 3. Some gentlemen want to have one, two or three good razors. OneBlade is definitely one of the best three razors I've tried so far, and believe me I've tried dozens of them, SE and DE, modern and vintage. Again, for someone who is not a collector, but wants to have less than a handful of razors, this razor is one of them. Most buyers will admit that. Those that haven't tried it, they can only guess. It deserves a try. I recommend it. It's one of the razors that I find impossible to cut myself. Not a single shave was bad. I have the V1, by the way.

Does it worth it? Yes, but we can't all agree on that. Again, I wish I have tried some great products a while ago and I'm sure I wouldn't have spent my money on others. Some razors that are expensive, actually save you money. Think about it. It's like buying all these Mongoose copies that are available now, you spent your money and then you find one expensive that outperforms them.

We have a saying here in Greece about it, "The cheap is eating your money" or "If you buy cheaply, you pay dearly".

49 1,943
 11-16-2016, 04:59 PM
User Info
(11-16-2016, 04:40 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
OneBlade is a fantastic razor. It's expensive, we all know that, no surprise here. It performs like a champ. Feather FHS are some of the best blades available, they're superior. These guys made an awesome razor. My thinking differs from many gentlemen's here. Let's say that you buy several 200$ razors and have a collection that cost you a lot more than 1K, or even 2. Your rotation consists of too many razors. Are you sure you enjoy all of them equally? I have too many, 30 different to be more accurate, and right now I use only 3. Some gentlemen want to have one, two or three good razors. OneBlade is definitely one of the best three razors I've tried so far, and believe me I've tried dozens of them, SE and DE, modern and vintage. Again, for someone who is not a collector, but wants to have less than a handful of razors, this razor is one of them. Most buyers will admit that. Those that haven't tried it, they can only guess. It deserves a try. I recommend it. It's one of the razors that I find impossible to cut myself. Not a single shave was bad. I have the V1, by the way.

Does it worth it? Yes, but we can't all agree on that. Again, I wish I have tried some great products a while ago and I'm sure I wouldn't have spent my money on others. Some razors that are expensive, actually save you money. Think about it. It's like buying all these Mongoose copies that are available now, you spent your money and then you find one expensive that outperforms them.

We have a saying here in Greece about it, "The cheap is eating your money" or "If you buy cheaply, you pay dearly".

Agree 110% with Nikos  Signs011

I have been very sarcastic towards the OneBlade, but I had my 2.nd on test, version v1, and especially during the winter time, where my skin is more dry, the OneBlade did a fine job. I prefer it as my 2.nd pass razor or if I shave daily, which I rarely do. As soon as I have 2+ days of growth, it get into trouble, but as daily shaver it would great and for 2.nd pass after I have removed the 2-3 days beard with one of my Fusions or Mach3's, the OneBlade is a fine razor.

I still hang on to my ATT SE1 and SE2 though, but they are more aggressive single edge razors, so another type of razor in my view.

24 5,850
 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM
User Info
delete admin

0 173
 11-16-2016, 05:35 PM
User Info

I  know exactly what you saying Niko, I come from a country that borders with yours. I  personally have never even tried the OB razor, but I have seen people videos shaving with the OB and Gems or ER's paired with the Personna GEM PTFE SS blade, the OB did "not" excel in shave quality nor in comfort even though the OB has the tilting head. We are speaking here a $15 all brass razor with a $0.14 blade vs $400 razor and $0.30 per blade.

More money does not always gives you more, sometimes yes it does but not always. I know there are collectors who own 2500+ razors, I'm not one of them but I  do own good 15-20 razors of which most expensive ones are Rockwell 6S, Supply Provision 3 plates, Razorock Wunderbar and the cheaper ones are MMOC,MMBT,MMCP,ER1912 junior, ER1912 Senior, G-bar, ER1924, ER1914, Fatip Grande and Gentile in black & gold, Pearl Razor TTO in OC & SB. I believe all these razors cost me around $450 and I'm happy with how all perform and they are keepers for me, naturally some excel a bit vs others in performance and that would be all my Gem's + PTFE SS blade leading in performance and they are the cheapest ones, also the Supply Provision outperforms my DE razors but that's because some SE blades are just better performer than many DE blades out there  ....

Like I said more money does not always equals to more in return for the customer. Oh BTW I'm waiting on the Rockwell Model T also. I'm in a way a collector that wont go over board with too many razors, but once in a while I will buy a product that performs good, of good material that will out last me and looks pleasing to the eye of this beholder Wink

0 173
 11-16-2016, 05:39 PM
User Info
(11-16-2016, 04:28 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 04:24 PM)bazemk Wrote:

This was what I paid $360 for, and I don't regret it - great looking and performing razor  Thumbup

[Image: red%203%20f_2.jpg]

well that's a different story, I thought you paid that much for some of their DE razors, I thought that's outrageous because I have never seen any of their DE razors reach high price like that. The cart  in the picture is a different animal

0 173
 11-16-2016, 05:43 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(11-16-2016, 05:35 PM)bazemk Wrote:

I  know exactly what you saying Niko, I come from a country that borders with yours. I  personally have never even tried the OB razor, but I have seen people videos shaving with the OB and Gems or ER's paired with the Personna GEM PTFE SS blade, the OB did "not" excel in shave quality nor in comfort even though the OB has the tilting head. We are speaking here a $15 all brass razor with a $0.14 blade vs $400 razor and $0.30 per blade.

More money does not always gives you more, sometimes yes it does but not always. I know there are collectors who own 2500+ razors, I'm not one of them but I  do own good 15-20 razors of which most expensive ones are Rockwell 6S, Supply Provision 3 plates, Razorock Wunderbar and the cheaper ones are MMOC,MMBT,MMCP,ER1912 junior, ER1912 Senior, G-bar, ER1924, ER1914, Fatip Grande and Gentile in black & gold, Pearl Razor TTO in OC & SB. I believe all these razors cost me around $450 and I'm happy with how all perform and they are keepers for me, naturally some excel a bit vs others in performance and that would be all my Gem's + PTFE SS blade leading in performance and they are the cheapest ones, also the Supply Provision outperforms my DE razors but that's because some SE blades are just better performer than many DE blades out there  ....

Like I said more money does not always equals to more in return for the customer. Oh BTW I'm waiting on the Rockwell Model T also. I'm in a way a collector that wont go over board with too many razors, but once in a while I will buy a product that performs good, of good material that will out last me and looks pleasing to the eye of this beholder Wink
Vintage razors is a different story. My Schick is a vintage razor from the late 60s and I prefer it to the Mongoose for example. Comparing modern to vintage SEs makes things more confusing. I don't do that. I was talking about the modern SE razors, especially all those non-innovative, Mongoose copies vs the OneBlade or other expensive razors like the Asylum. You get what you pay for most of the times. Shaving quality, Build quality, Material, Innovation, Design, etc., all these matter. At least to me.

49 1,943
 11-16-2016, 05:45 PM
User Info
hope another mechanical and/or manufacturing engineer can weigh in on my opinion but I honestly don’t think they are selling enough of these to cover their tooling/manufacturing/marketing expenses.

I work in an industry where 80K/week represents mass production. This razor - and it’s strictly a guess on my part - may hit a few hundred (maybe a thousand?) a month. 

Without the introduction pf a SIGNIFICANT improvement I honestly believe the price increase reflects an adjustment necessary to stay in business...not trying to justify the $$ increase at all, but rather offer a possible explanation.

I was fortunate enough to acquire one without the manufacturing defect (thanks Don!) and appreciate the razor immensely.

9 151
 11-16-2016, 05:45 PM
User Info
I second Nikos. OB is a fine razor and does the job pretty well. I have V1 and use it quite often in my rotation.

I might not have other used other SE razors and at this point apart from RX I am not tempted to buy any other razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 716
 11-16-2016, 06:15 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I like the Oneblade I have...I think it is a fantastic razor.  I had no problems paying $299 for it a little over a year ago.  The design was very original and innovative, and the quality, presentation, and included stand all made it worthwhile for me.  I still use it regularly in my rotation, and my only gripe is that I can't get more than one good shave out of the Feather blades (company only recommends one use anyway, but many others are successfully yielding more)...and I don't consider this to be a huge deal.  

It was, and still is, advertised as an heirloom-worthy razor.  At the time I bought it, I agreed...until they came out with a "new and improved" version barely a year after I bought mine.  Now I have an "older" model that I paid $299 for and the new/improved one is $399.  THIS is what doesn't sit well with me.  It is definitely NOT the razor that I have a problem with.  So next year can we expect a v3 for $499? As I mentioned in the other thread...this isn't an iPhone.  Staying on top of constantly evolving technology is one thing, but for a razor? ...Come on.  To each their own I guess, and more power to those that plan on getting the new version(s).  

I still do think this is one of the best razors on the market (sans the defective ones)...both functionally and aesthetically.  I don't necessarily get along with SEs, and the OB is still one of the few that can deliver me an effortless and extremely close shave. To me, it was definitely worth the price I paid for it, although I'm not sure I would pay an additional $100 today (again, because SEs don't get nearly as much use as DEs in my den).  Anyway, I'm not bashing...I'm personally just disappointed with the company's strategy.  And at the end of the day, from my understanding, the wet shaving community is not their primary target market anyway so my opinion is completely insignificant anyway.  Carrying this tone publicly is uncharacteristic of me, so I'll stop my whining now... Blush

34 1,628
 11-16-2016, 06:26 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(11-16-2016, 06:15 PM)Giorgio Wrote: I like the Oneblade I have...I think it is a fantastic razor.  I had no problems paying $299 for it a little over a year ago.  The design was very original and innovative, and the quality, presentation, and included stand all made it worthwhile for me.  I still use it regularly in my rotation, and my only gripe is that I can't get more than one good shave out of the Feather blades (company only recommends one use anyway, but many others are successfully yielding more)...and I don't consider this to be a huge deal.  

It was, and still is, advertised as an heirloom-worthy razor.  At the time I bought it, I agreed...until they came out with a "new and improved" version barely a year after I bought mine.  Now I have an "older" model that I paid $299 for and the new/improved one is $399.  THIS is what doesn't sit well with me.  It is definitely NOT the razor that I have a problem with.  So next year can we expect a v3 for $499? As I mentioned in the other thread...this isn't an iPhone.  Staying on top of constantly evolving technology is one thing, but for a razor? ...Come on.  To each their own I guess, and more power to those that plan on getting the new version(s).  

I still do think this is one of the best razors on the market (sans the defective ones)...both functionally and aesthetically.  I don't necessarily get along with SEs, and the OB is still one of the few that can deliver me an effortless and extremely close shave. To me, it was definitely worth the price I paid for it, although I'm not sure I would pay an additional $100 today (again, because SEs don't get nearly as much use as DEs in my den).  Anyway, I'm not bashing...I'm personally just disappointed with the company's strategy.  And at the end of the day, from my understanding, the wet shaving community is not their primary target market anyway so my opinion is completely insignificant anyway.  Carrying this tone publicly is uncharacteristic of me, so I'll stop my whining now... Blush

I agree, 100%.
Well stated.

102 18,557