11-16-2016, 06:23 PM
User Info
I had a coworker ask me what I had heard about Harry's razors today. He's not liking the Dollar Shave Club razors he's using now. I'm a DE guy, so I didn't have a good answer, but I said I would ask the experts here.

Thoughts?

0 969
 11-16-2016, 09:59 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I basically went from Dollar Shave Club to DE razor with brief stop at Feather cartridge and EJ Mach 3 handle.  Nice service and great humor,  but not the best handle or blades for me.

I like the feel and look of Harry's handles and understand they purchased a blade mfg plant in Germany.   A neighbor switched from Gillette Fusion blades to Harry's - guessing for cost reasons.  If can cancel anytime, might be better deal.

If Green Bay Packer fan - Brett Farve advertises Micro Touch "Tough Blade".   Blades made in Germany and Brett says annual cost around $30 with shipping.

If your co-worker promises not to read shaving forums, DE shaving is he most cost effective.

1 104
 11-17-2016, 11:24 AM
User Info
Id go with Harry's over DSC.  IMO, their stuff is better.  Id tell him to pass on both and start DE shaving though.  DE shaving is going to be far cheaper than either.

0 20
 11-17-2016, 11:25 AM
User Info
Harry's was my gateway to DE and I still like it as my travel razor.
I heard their blades have changed, though -- and not for the better.
I can't vouch for that because I am still on my last batch.

7 769
 11-17-2016, 06:04 PM
User Info
DSC uses blades made by Dorco, and Harry's manufactures their own blades in Germany.  The handles from Harry's are nicer.  I use Harry's to shave m head and as a travel razor, and I'm pleased with the company's products and service.

37 3,250
 11-17-2016, 07:19 PM
User Info
I haven't tried the Dorco razors, but I used Harry's for a few months and still do for travel.  I find the Harry's carts don't feel as smooth or sharp as Gillette carts but you can get a good shave with them.  With 5 blades they can be very tuggy if I have more than one day of growth.

10 793
 11-17-2016, 08:06 PM
User Info
I haven't used either, but Harry's offers a handle, cartridge, and gel for only the $3 shipping cost. Your friend might as well give it a shot and just cancel before the autorenew.

4 514
 11-17-2016, 09:02 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
There are so many companies now that offer this kind of package, why look at only DSC and Harry's? There's also ShaveMob, myshavingclub, Dorco, 800razors, etc.
I've used ShaveMob for quick shaves in the shower and they are great. A good, close shave and the blades last for a long time.

52 797