11-18-2016, 05:56 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I have seen much written about the aftershave as its scent is wildly popular.  However, I would like to point out that the soap is top notch and newly and firmly implanted in my rotation. It is alleged that the soap was developed to approximate the formula of Tabac.  In terms of performance I would say it compares admirably although I have not compared them head-to-head.  Today I have shaved using it with an aggressive razor (da Wunderbar Slant) and a Rockwell Blade [used 2-3X].  The Rockwell is IMO is a solid B+ blade that probably shouldn't be used more than 3 times before it is no longer a smoothie.  The Fine American Blend soap lathers up extremely easily, which indicates to me that it is quite concentrated; the puck is quite hard making me think it has gone through a milling step although I am not knowledgeable enough to be certain.  Exceedingly thick lather using a damp [not dripping wet] Simpsons Persian Jar 2 in super; enough for two passes after less than 30s loading.  Please note that I am not suggesting that one should rush the loading b/c I find lather quality can drop off in unpredictable ways. The scent is a nice barber-shop type scent that has become immortalized in the corresponding aftershave.

And guess what?  Only $12.50 per puck.  That's pucking ridiculous for a soap this good.  Anyway, thanks for listening.

1 796
 11-18-2016, 06:19 AM
User Info
Agree, they are so good that I collected all scents.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

2 122
 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM
User Info
I enjoyed mine when it first came out , I have since moved on but the soap was very good when I had it.

63 1,597
 11-24-2016, 06:02 AM
User Info
I agree they are great soaps!

1 84