11-18-2016, 01:00 PM
User Info
Is more going to be made available? I thought it was being offered on The Club? Supposedly it was offered for a brief while at The Shaving Shop and then heard to late it was being sold on the B&M site for cheap. Somehow I missed out on getting one in any of these places!?! What's the deal?

0 74
 11-18-2016, 01:14 PM
User Info
Based on what I read, most probably not.

11 1,169
 11-18-2016, 02:28 PM
User Info
The arrangement between the soap maker and the Shaving Shop didn't work out and the two decided to part ways.  No more is going to be made from what I've read.

53 1,199
 11-18-2016, 03:15 PM
User Info
I hope Will will make a new soap in 2017 with notes and scents, that reminds us of this one.

But I'm sure he will lay low after all the heat this soap gave him.

I read the Youtuber Peter Sharky's comment to a guy in the comment section on one of his youtube videos and he really talked down to a potential customer in a very negative way.

I realize some can get tired of all the extra work it takes to start up a new shaving shop and all, but talking down like Peter did, I can simply not see the reason behind that.

Very poor behaviour by Peter.

24 5,966
 11-18-2016, 03:27 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 03:15 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I hope Will will make a new soap in 2017 with notes and scents, that reminds us of this one.

I read the Youtuber Peter Sharky's comment to a guy in the comment section on one of his youtube videos and he really talked down to a potential customer in a very negative way.

I realize some can get tired of all the extra work it takes to start up a new shaving shop and all, but talking down like Peter did, I can simply not see the reason behind that.

Same here. He should have handled that with more finesse. I was turned off when I saw it.

11 1,169
 11-18-2016, 03:37 PM
User Info
All that salt air he inhaled from that time he shaved on the beach must be clouding his mind...

160 1,037
 11-18-2016, 04:00 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 01:14 PM)1Geralt Wrote: Based on what I read, most probably not.

(11-18-2016, 02:28 PM)david1201 Wrote: The arrangement between the soap maker and the Shaving Shop didn't work out and the two decided to part ways.  No more is going to be made from what I've read.

To help fill in the blanks, the reddit guys were crying about having to pay a fee to join The Club to get this particular soap. They made quite a stink about it, so much so that Will decided to go back on his word and cancel the deal with The Club rather than upsetting his reddit hype machine. After that, things got kinda weird with how the soap was distributed. That's the gist of it I got from people in the know.

0 90
 11-18-2016, 04:02 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 03:27 PM)1Geralt Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 03:15 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I hope Will will make a new soap in 2017 with notes and scents, that reminds us of this one.

Same here. He should have handled that with more finesse. I was turned off when I saw it.

I was turned of as well, however he has posted a very heartfelt apology on Facebook explaining some of the stress he's been under (including illness of a close relative).   So while inappropriate, Peter won't be losing my business.

53 1,199
 11-18-2016, 04:11 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I read the whole story earlier this evening. It's been another drama day. All this fuss over a shaving soap... Some guys act like they don't have soaps to shave with. Wow
I didn't know that was that important for some people to have another B&M soap. The hype is alive.

49 1,996
 11-18-2016, 04:12 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(11-18-2016, 04:11 PM)nikos.a Wrote: I read the whole story earlier this evening. It's been another drama day. All this fuss over a shaving soap... Some guys act like they don't have soaps to shave. Wow
I didn't know that was that important for some people to have another B&M soap. The hype is alive.

Yes.

102 18,652
 11-18-2016, 04:40 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 04:11 PM)nikos.a Wrote: I read the whole story earlier this evening. It's been another drama day. All this fuss over a shaving soap... Some guys act like they don't have soaps to shave with. Wow

Crazy, isn't it?  And I've seen people crank up the drama over soap with other vendors. 

I love trying new soaps and the SAD takes over occasionally, but its a sad life IMO if your happiness is dependent on picking up the next hot soap..

53 1,199
 11-18-2016, 04:44 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
It's truly a bunch of malarkey, IMO.
Hype and BS.

102 18,652
 11-18-2016, 05:19 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(11-18-2016, 04:40 PM)david1201 Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 04:11 PM)nikos.a Wrote: I read the whole story earlier this evening. It's been another drama day. All this fuss over a shaving soap... Some guys act like they don't have soaps to shave with. Wow

Crazy, isn't it?  And I've seen people crank up the drama over soap with other vendors. 

I love trying new soaps and the SAD takes over occasionally, but its a sad life IMO if your happiness is dependent on picking up the next hot soap..

Exactly.

It's not only crazy, but also funny and entertaining to read all these desperate posts.

49 1,996
 11-18-2016, 05:31 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 05:19 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 04:40 PM)david1201 Wrote:

Exactly.

It's not only crazy, but also funny and entertaining to read all these desperate posts.

Agreed  Signs011

Pancarta
It must be a crazy great B&M soap - come one guys, I'm a big B&M fan and own 26-28 B&M shaving soaps now, but come on man, this is just ridiculous behaviour.

Same drama we saw with the Wolfman razors, can't quite understand it - it just a razor, soap, cream what ever.......

I felt I got jacked up pretty bad, when my local and sole seller of Santa Maria Novella in denmark, would not sekk the SMN shaving cream, since I was their only customer, and they had to buy at least 12 at a time, so they would b stuck with 11.
This pizzed me off a bit to be honest, since no one else can import SMN, since this company have the license to the brand.
Fortunately SMN in Italy helped me and will now ship me a pot of it soon.

But to go crazy like this over a B&M soap, holy moly - we have more serious stuff going on in the world, than shaving soap/cream mass hysteria  Facepalm

24 5,966
 11-18-2016, 05:42 PM
User Info
(11-18-2016, 05:31 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 05:19 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 04:40 PM)david1201 Wrote: Crazy, isn't it?  And I've seen people crank up the drama over soap with other vendors. 

Exactly.

Agreed  Signs011

Pancarta
It must be a crazy great B&M soap - come one guys, I'm a big B&M fan and own 26-28 B&M shaving soaps now, but come on man, this is just ridiculous behaviour.

Same drama we saw with the Wolfman razors, can't quite understand it - it just a razor, soap, cream what ever.......

I felt I got jacked up pretty bad, when my local and sole seller of Santa Maria Novella in denmark, would not sekk the SMN shaving cream, since I was their only customer, and they had to buy at least 12 at a time, so they would b stuck with 11.
This pizzed me off a bit to be honest, since no one else can import SMN, since this company have the license to the brand.
Fortunately SMN in Italy helped me and will now ship me a pot of it soon.

But to go crazy like this over a B&M soap, holy moly - we have more serious stuff going on in the world, than shaving soap/cream mass hysteria  Facepalm

At least you have somewhere to buy it from Claus. I don't even know where to buy one that would ship to my forwarder in the US, much less locally. Lol.

Locally our prices are abysmal. I paid more than $100 for my L'occitane brush. It's ridiculous.

11 1,169
 11-19-2016, 04:52 PM
User Info
I tend to agree with some of the posters here. I know of no other soap brand other than B&M where people are tripping over each other for a shaving soap. The proprietor of B&M sure has his market figured out, knowing that by making nearly everything a "limited edition" or for some, "never to be produced again," he is sure to sell out in short order. I have sniffed nearly every B&M soap that has been produced. Some of them were alright, several were "different," a few were repulsive. 

Soap makers like CRSW, SdP, etc., release soaps without much fanfare, have excellent scents, high quality packaging, and are reasonably priced. B&M is no better than any of these soap makers. The perceived exclusivity of owning a limited edition is the only thing driving these sales. Furthermore, it has created a secondary market where assholes sell soap and splash sets for $90 and utter fools buy them. And please don't compare this to a Wolfman. The soap will be long gone after several uses. The Wolfman will be around forever.

160 1,037
 11-19-2016, 05:03 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(11-19-2016, 04:52 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote: I tend to agree with some of the posters here. I know of no other soap brand other than B&M where people are tripping over each other for a shaving soap. The proprietor of B&M sure has his market figured out, knowing that by making nearly everything a "limited edition" or for some, "never to be produced again," he is sure to sell out in short order. I have sniffed nearly every B&M soap that has been produced. Some of them were alright, several were "different," a few were repulsive. 

Soap makers like CRSW, SdP, etc., release soaps without much fanfare, have excellent scents, high quality packaging, and are reasonably priced. B&M is no better than any of these soap makers. The perceived exclusivity of owning a limited edition is the only thing driving these sales. Furthermore, it has created a secondary market where assholes sell soap and splash sets for $90 and utter fools buy them. And please don't compare this to a Wolfman. The soap will be long gone after several uses. The Wolfman will be around forever.

Agreed.

102 18,652
 11-19-2016, 05:10 PM
User Info
I got it when Will put it up for $12 on his site. I'll post my thoughts when it arrives. Seems to be a lot of vocal critics here but I see B&M soaps in enough SOTDs to believe at least some people might want to hear what it's actually like. Especially in the wake of all this drama.

16 1,027
 11-19-2016, 05:17 PM
User Info
(11-19-2016, 05:10 PM)crazindndude Wrote: I got it when Will put it up for $12 on his site. I'll  post my thoughts when it arrives. Seems to be a lot of vocal critics here but I see B&M soaps in enough SOTDs to believe at least some people might want to hear what it's actually like. Especially in the wake of all this drama.

I would love to hear what you think. I am very curious about the scent of this one.

11 1,169
 11-19-2016, 05:39 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
I'm surprised Will caved.  I guess I'm old school and my thought is if you have an agreement to make a product exclusively for someone else that it's a cut and dry deal.

44 618