11-18-2016, 01:28 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Hi everyone,

I've looked around and done some Google-fu, but have found no answers to my question. Can you use a drop or two of an essential oil to add some scent to unscented XPEC? I have some really nice lavender oil I picked up in Provence and was wondering if a small bit might work to add some lavender fragrance. Anyone ever try this?

Cheers, Steve

7 540
 11-18-2016, 06:30 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Steve, I haven't done it myself, but I don't see why it would not work. I'd give it a try, but not to the whole jar at once. Just to the amount for the one lathering.
If you want, I can give it a try too... I have a bunch of essential oils that are just sitting around.

62 3,008
 11-18-2016, 09:30 PM
User Info
I add a drop of lavender and other EOs to my unscented soaps while lathering every once in a while. Works well for me. 
No experiences with Xpec.

8 1,210
 11-19-2016, 01:38 AM
User Info
I also own the old 2012/2013 Xpec Unscented cream, and I use it in a superlather with one of my many shaving soap sticks.

First I massage the shaving stick on my face, then dip the brush in the Xpec Unscented and start to face lather.

24 6,019
 11-19-2016, 01:54 AM
User Info
Just set aside enough Xpec for a few shaves, essential oils are quite potent so go easy. 

If you're after high quality essential oils, I can recommend Eden Botanicals.

23 475
 11-19-2016, 06:26 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Thanks gentlemen, I have scented oils before, like jojoba etc, and 1% is quite a strong amount.

Now all I have to do is find a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for the XPEC!

I'd also love to replicate MdCs thym, girofle, et cannelle (thyme, clove, and cinnamon) which is a bath soap. It's a very warm masculine fragrance.

Cheers, Steve

7 540
 11-19-2016, 01:43 PM
User Info
(11-19-2016, 06:26 AM)Steve56 Wrote: Thanks gentlemen, I have scented oils before, like jojoba etc, and 1% is quite a strong amount.

Now all I have to do is find a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for the XPEC!

I'd also love to replicate MdCs thym, girofle, et cannelle (thyme, clove, and cinnamon) which is a bath soap. It's a very warm masculine fragrance.

Cheers, Steve

I've tried it a few times—and failed.  Ruined it.  I'm convinced there's an art and science to making shaving cream, and I haven't figured it out.

I recommend going with Claus' wisdom.  Just mix it with another nicely scented shaving cream..

1 417