08-09-2012, 06:53 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Has anyone used the Kyoku products? If so, what are your thoughts?

They recently sent me several products to try including:

Daily Facial cleaner
Exfoliating Facial Scrub
Daily Facial Cleaner
Razor Repair Balm
Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15
Two Shaving Cream (Sake Infused and unscented)
Two Body Washes (Deep Sea Algae Blend and cloudberry)

The shaving cream can supposedly be used with a brush but I found that it did not lather at all and is best used as a brushless cream.

I found the other products to be excellent and would like to hear any feedback you may have.

45 16,359
 08-09-2012, 07:16 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Haven't heard of them but... sake infused! Gotta be good Smile

88 4,233
 08-09-2012, 07:35 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(08-09-2012, 07:16 AM)beartrap Wrote: Haven't heard of them but... sake infused! Gotta be good Smile

The shaving cream was actually the only Kyoku product that I did not care for. It is not a lathering cream (although they claim that it can be used with a brush).

45 16,359
 08-09-2012, 07:35 AM
User Info
I recieved a tub of their shaving cream as a gift awhile ago. I just couldn't get past the unbealievably strong, unpleasant ,chemical smell enough to ever put it on my face, and tossed it unused in the trash. I don't know about the rest of their line, and was so turned off by the cream I doubt I will ever know. How are the scents in the rest of the line?

0 59
 08-09-2012, 07:37 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(08-09-2012, 07:35 AM)livingontheedge Wrote: I recieved a tub of their shaving cream as a gift awhile ago. I just couldn't get past the unbealievably strong, unpleasant ,chemical smell enough to ever put it on my face, and tossed it unused in the trash. I don't know about the rest of their line, and was so turned off by the cream I doubt I will ever know. How are the scents in the rest of the line?

The scents of the other products are much less strong. I agree about the scent of the shaving cream -not my cup of tea. The Facial wash has a slight minty scent.

45 16,359
 08-09-2012, 08:04 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(08-09-2012, 07:35 AM)livingontheedge Wrote: I recieved a tub of their shaving cream as a gift awhile ago. I just couldn't get past the unbealievably strong, unpleasant ,chemical smell enough to ever put it on my face, and tossed it unused in the trash.

The scent reminded me more of the stale Old Style Beer scent at Wrigley Field. Biggrin

45 16,359
 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM
User Info
That's an excellent description of the smell. However others mileage may vary.

0 59