11-19-2016, 12:37 AM
User Info
Good morning gents,

this morning I shaved with the Boss for the first time. I loaded it with a new feather pro blade using Prorasso pre-shave and Prorasso soap. The brush was my new Semogue boar on its first test run. 2 days stubble showered first.
I got BBs on the second pass, WTG, XTG. I usually need 3 passes and corrections to get this close with a DE and a feather. It even sailed through my problem areas no problem.
I did align the head with the blade and I have no complaints about this fiddly issue. The only thing, I expected it to be smoother, gliding more effortlessly down the face like my Schick E4. It was a little tugging like the feeling I get with a  DE blade on its last legs, but the cutting was beautiful.
I don't know if this was due to the new feather blade and it's going to be better after the first couple of shaves.  I need your guidance on this one please.
The angle of attack was pretty much intuitive and it works very well with no pressure.
This is definitely a keeper for me and I'll compare it to the RX on Monday when it arrives.

0 313
 11-19-2016, 11:08 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Could have been the soap, try a different one on the next shave and lather it up good.

52 479
 11-19-2016, 11:11 AM
User Info
I used the same soap as usual to keep as many variables constant and I lathered as usual. When the face is covered with lather, I continue for at least 20 seconds.

0 313
 11-20-2016, 03:17 AM
User Info
I found out why.
The way I loaded the blade made it to be exposed at the maximum. Now I make sure the blade is as further back toward the handle as possible and the base plate as far as it will go to the opposite direction.
I'll shave with it and compare it against the RX which will be delivered tomorrow.

0 313
 11-20-2016, 08:44 AM
User Info
That won't be an issue with the Rx Wink
With Ikon (who came out with that name?), at least now you know you just have to pay attention to blade alignment.

8 1,210
 11-21-2016, 10:05 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(11-20-2016, 03:17 AM)kyproset Wrote: I found out why.
The way I loaded the blade made it to be exposed at the maximum. Now I make sure the blade is as further back toward the handle as possible and the base plate as far as it will go to the opposite direction.
I'll shave with it and compare it against the RX which will be delivered tomorrow.

I had some alignment issues the first time I tried El Jefe and experienced a bit of irritation as a result.  I have since double checked my alignment and although still aggressive, it is manageable and quite efficient.  Yesterday's three-pass shave was so efficient, in fact, that I only did a one-pass ATG shave this morning.  Now I didn't achieve a BBS today, but a very pleasant close shave nonetheless.

148 2,821
 11-23-2016, 09:20 AM
User Info
I have shaved again last night with the El-Jefe after considerable practicing how to load it.
A fine shave indeed, no irritation, no weepers, just a BBs in 2 passes.
What I do to load it is I put the blade in and with the head loose, I point the sharp end towards the ceiling and tap it on the back of the head until it's as far back retracted as it will go. Then I take the guard and push it forward ( towards the ceiling making sure the blade stays put. Then I tighten.
I noticed if you want to take it apart while it's wet, this will not work as easily because the water will make the blade stick a little and difficult to move.

0 313
 11-23-2016, 06:13 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(11-23-2016, 09:20 AM)kyproset Wrote: I have shaved again last night with the El-Jefe after considerable practicing how to load it.
A fine shave indeed, no irritation, no weepers, just a BBs in 2 passes.
What I do to load it is I put the blade in and with the head loose, I point the sharp end towards the ceiling and tap it on the back of the head until it's as far back retracted as it will go. Then I take the guard and push it forward ( towards the ceiling making sure the blade stays put. Then I tighten.
I noticed if you want to take it apart while it's wet, this will not work as easily because the water will make the blade stick a little and difficult to move.
I did the same and managed to get a couple really nice shaves with a feather pro blade. I am going to let mine go, though, as I actually prefer the milder hawk from Italian barber. Definitely a good razor for the money though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

148 2,821
 12-26-2016, 11:46 AM
User Info
It is a nice razor if you treat it right Piggy_214

But beware it can bite you in the a××.  Box

2 315