08-09-2012, 07:26 AM
User Info
If you google this soap it will try to lead you to "crimes", assuming you made a spelling error, don't go in that direction.

I tested the Montenegro scent that I acquired from another gent. It was a gamble since I'd never heard of it before.

The scent is very pleasant and predominently for my nose, powdery. There may be earthy undertones to it, but it's definitely powdery. It smells nice and not overly strong.

The soap is a very nicely performing one. I loaded the heck out of my brush to get an ultralather and the soap responded. The resulting lather was everything you'd expect from an ultralather as far as lubricity, but it wasn't as ultra cushioning as I would expect from a fat based soap. It was still quite nice though.

It's not the easiest soap to find, but if you want to try a good glycerine soap, this would be a good place to start. I haven't tried a lot of glycerine soaps, but I like this.

I corresponded with the Andrew Fuller who makes it and it's being sold on e-bay by another outfit. It's no longer listed with the other Cirmes products on Mr. Fullers site (was it etsy?). Andrew told me that he has a tallow soap in the drying racks and that it wasn't ready yet. I assume it will be soon. He also told me that it's better than the glycerine soap.

32 6,309
 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
User Info
Thanks for the review, Brian. I was curious about that one.

184 12,003
 08-09-2012, 09:09 AM
User Info
Thanks for the review, Brian.

75 20,883
 08-09-2012, 11:23 AM
User Info
(08-09-2012, 08:29 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Thanks for the review, Brian. I was curious about that one.

John is the gent I got the soap from.

I was going to PM you to make sure you saw this. I knew that you wanted an update. This was actually the second time I used it. I wanted to make sure of my observations. I actually expected it to have more cushion. I think that after using the MdC and the Klar soaps for over a week the bar has just been set quite high for me. I bet a month ago I never would have written that about the cushion.

32 6,309
 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
User Info
(08-09-2012, 11:23 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: I think that after using the MdC and the Klar soaps for over a week the bar has just been set quite high for me. I bet a month ago I never would have written that about the cushion.

Yes, one's perspective does change with use of great products.

184 12,003
 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
First time I heard about it.Thanks a lot for the inputs about this soap.

86 7,123
 05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
User Info
In regards to Cirmes Tonsorial Parlour, BEWARE!! I made a purchase from Cirmes two wks ago, the fragrance sampler, $30 value plus $6 S&H. Cirmes is in Iowa, I'm in Oklahoma and I have yet to receive the product I ordered. I have contacted Mr. Andrew Fuller through email twice and left a voicemail by phone wanting to know what the problem is with my order and he or they have not responded back once to let me know anything. I'm out $36 and no product. A gentleman has even posted a video on YouTube with the same problem I'm dealing with. I emailed Cirmes through the resolution center on PayPal and they still are uncooperative. I will be reporting Cirmes to the Better Business Bureau. It's obvious I'm not getting what I ordered and it's going to be a dog fight to reach these people for my refund. Deal with Cirmes at your own risk, buyer beware.

0 1
 05-05-2014, 10:13 PM
  • evnpar
  • Super Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(05-05-2014, 07:42 PM)prince922 Wrote: In regards to Cirmes Tonsorial Parlour, BEWARE!! I made a purchase from Cirmes two wks ago, the fragrance sampler, $30 value plus $6 S&H. Cirmes is in Iowa, I'm in Oklahoma and I have yet to receive the product I ordered. I have contacted Mr. Andrew Fuller through email twice and left a voicemail by phone wanting to know what the problem is with my order and he or they have not responded back once to let me know anything. I'm out $36 and no product. A gentleman has even posted a video on YouTube with the same problem I'm dealing with. I emailed Cirmes through the resolution center on PayPal and they still are uncooperative. I will be reporting Cirmes to the Better Business Bureau. It's obvious I'm not getting what I ordered and it's going to be a dog fight to reach these people for my refund. Deal with Cirmes at your own risk, buyer beware.

I had the same experience with them. I ordered a product and never received it. Initially, they denied that I had ever placed an order, but I had their receipt. I got nowhere trying to resolve it through PayPal.

34 4,531