11-26-2016, 08:51 AM
User Info
(11-26-2016, 06:52 AM)minimalist Wrote: You received a dandy for a first straight! Covered tang is ultra cool. Don't ever sell it!
I don't think I will, it's my first haha

0 50
 11-26-2016, 08:52 AM
User Info
I fear I have already messed up the edge already with my poor stropping technique. Hard to tell though, since I don't know what I'm doing yet haha

0 50
 11-26-2016, 09:53 AM
User Info
(11-26-2016, 08:52 AM)whiteboy_cannon Wrote: I fear I have already messed up the edge already with my poor stropping technique. Hard to tell though, since I don't know what I'm doing yet haha

If you wrecked the edge send it my way and i will hone it for free just cover round trip shipping.

6 811
 12-03-2016, 06:05 AM
User Info
(11-26-2016, 08:52 AM)whiteboy_cannon Wrote: I fear I have already messed up the edge already with my poor stropping technique. Hard to tell though, since I don't know what I'm doing yet haha

Stropping was the one area that I didn't give enough thought to when I began and proved to be one of the more difficult tasks for me to learn how to do correctly.  I ended up ordering a modular paddle strop from SRD to learn on with less variables, and progressed back to the hanging strop after I had a better idea of what I was doing.

After about six months of SR shaving the one thing that I have learned (painfully) is anytime the razor is in my hand it has the potential to cut me.  Oddly, my mistakes that have drawn significant amounts of blood have never occurred when I am moving the razor across my face.  The major damage I have done to myself are always at those moments I don't expect the razor to cut me, the worst of which is when I placed the razor on my face at a wrong angle. The most frequent is when I am cleaning the razor and not paying enough attention to where the blade is in my hand.  I have actually cut my fingers and hands more than my face.

Bottom line advice.  If your not 110% focused, don't pick the razor up : )

6 201
 12-03-2016, 06:23 AM
User Info
(12-03-2016, 06:05 AM)Newton Wrote:

Stropping was the one area that I didn't give enough thought to when I began and proved to be one of the more difficult tasks for me to learn how to do correctly.  I ended up ordering a modular paddle strop from SRD to learn on with less variables, and progressed back to the hanging strop after I had a better idea of what I was doing.

After about six months of SR shaving the one thing that I have learned (painfully) is anytime the razor is in my hand it has the potential to cut me.  Oddly, my mistakes that have drawn significant amounts of blood have never occurred when I am moving the razor across my face.  The major damage I have done to myself are always at those moments I don't expect the razor to cut me, the worst of which is when I placed the razor on my face at a wrong angle. The most frequent is when I am cleaning the razor and not paying enough attention to where the blade is in my hand.  I have actually cut my fingers and hands more than my face.

Bottom line advice.  If your not 110% focused, don't pick the razor up : )
Haven't had any mistakes like that yet. Hope I don't. Thanks for the advice

0 50