11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
User Info
I use shea butter with fractionated coconut oil on my arms, chest so on but have recently been using organic argon oil on my face. I live in a dry climate and find around my eyes when I sleep to get pretty dry. Shea butter is just too heavy for me but this argon oil is VERY light but so far I am getting very good results. Anyone else use this or have a concoction they use.?

17 1,248
 11-20-2016, 09:43 PM
User Info
I went through a patch of using argan oil frequently, I started trying it out as a preshave at one point, something i don't use any longer but was just used straight out of the bottle. 

As an aftershave or outside of shaving - It can be very humid where i am and have been for a few years so it is not a regular choice, although it is quicker to a non-greasy feel than my attempts at shea butter or coconut oil.  I would use this in a pure argan oil and add a few drops in my hand and rub on my face or in a small mixture with some rosehip oil and my skin felt moisturised and happy. Another mix i found useful was with a couple of drops of tea tree oil and or aloe oil. This gave me a nice soothing option if i felt my skin needed it post shave. 

I have found that it's a good base to use and can be added to with any preferable scented oil or enhanced with something like aloe or tea tree - i did not add anything more myself as i am only guessing at the ratios or what is actually good for my skin. I think there is lots of information out there but I saw the additives as costly as it takes buying bottles to ultimately get a few drops in a mixture, a hassle and expense when i wasn't sure of the results. 

I am going into my first cold winter in many years so i may just have to try this out again.

0 117
 11-21-2016, 12:10 AM
User Info
Interesting. I've never use argon oil on my skin, but a few drops worked into my hair adds subtle amounts of luster and character.

17 715
 11-21-2016, 11:12 AM
User Info
I like it very much for skin and hair. Feels luxurious, and I think it is beneficial.

7 823
 02-11-2017, 07:29 PM
User Info
I will sometimes make a concoction of oils-olive, grapeseed, sunflower, and add a healthy dollop of argan. Great for the skin, and can be used with a little left over lather from the brush for a great buffing and touchup.  

Also, after toner, moisturizer/balm and cologne, a few drops rubbed in the hands and applied to the face and the hair is just great-but a few drops means just a few.

19 350
 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM
User Info
On Sunday I just opened a bar of soap (non artisan, it's from Marshall's) and it has argan oil in it. I am a fan of the aroma and the skin conditioning.

Good stuff!

4 567
 02-14-2017, 03:31 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
I, like Mike the Kraken, use it in my hair. I have occasionally used it on dry patches of skin on my arms or legs. Good stuff.

2 267