11-21-2016, 08:41 AM
User Info
Guys,

Looking to pickup up a injector to try. What do guess recommend as my first injector? 

I am assuming there are some less and more aggressive just like DE?

I see schick injector blades sold everywhere. Even found them in the middle of nowhere at little mom and pop drug store.  "Chicks" I believe they're refereed as. I heard they're pretty good but are there other options? 

Thanks in advance. 

JS

0 57
 11-21-2016, 09:29 AM
User Info
You're a little late to get a NOS Lady Schick Eversharp Injector from Nikos over at the BST, but I'm very satisfied with the one I got. Nice balance, comfertable handle, and really nice to shave with once I got the angle dialed in.

Options for blades tends to be vintage, Chinese Schicks and Persona. Personally I don't notice a huge difference between them other than the Personas not lasting as long as the others.

3 4,373
 11-21-2016, 01:27 PM
User Info
Injectors have piqued my curiosity as well!
I read a post elsewhere that suggested the I series of Schicks as a good place to start.
I like the looks of the E and G series.

8 896
 11-21-2016, 02:05 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(11-21-2016, 09:29 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: You're a little late to get a NOS Lady Schick Eversharp Injector from Nikos over at the BST, but I'm very satisfied with the one I got. Nice balance, comfertable handle, and really nice to shave with once I got the angle dialed in.

Options for blades tends to be vintage, Chinese Schicks and Persona. Personally I don't notice a huge difference between them other than the Personas not lasting as long as the others.
Hans, I sent him a message about this. I had not received a payment from a member about a Schick I had on sale, but the monent I sent him the message, a minute later I received the payment from the other member. That's what I call a coincidence.

Unfortunately, I have only a few at this moment, I gave some to my brother who loves this razor, and I'm going to keep the others.

But, there is an active Giveaway thread that includes a NOS Schick. You're welcome to participate.

49 1,940
 11-21-2016, 03:11 PM
  • dajmacd
  • Tennessee River Valley
User Info
I or L type for a first injector.

4 194
 11-21-2016, 03:25 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
You can find NOS models fairly regularly on etsy and ebay.  If you don't mind used there are plenty available for very little money.  With a sharper blade I prefer the Type N or L, for smoother blades then I reach for the type E or G.  I only use vintage blades so I don't know where the Chinese made Schick blades fall as far as sharpness goes so maybe another member could assist you there.  My favorite vintage blades, in order, are: Holland made Schick Platinum (very sharp and long lasting), Personna 74 (just a tad less sharp than the Schick Platinum) and Schick Super Stainless (the smoothest injector blades I have ever tried).  The nice thing about injectors and the vintage blades is they aren't in near as high demand as their double-edge brothers and can usually be found for reasonable prices.

139 2,677
 11-21-2016, 03:27 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Oh, the vintage Gillette and Schick twin-injector blades are pretty interesting also, definitely worth a try if you run across some.

139 2,677
 11-21-2016, 06:35 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Here's one page that describes the classification system that a hobbyist devised some years ago http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm .  The so-called "Types" were just one man's attempt to assort them, not factory designations or models.  Generally, the higher the type (the newer the razor) the milder the shaver.  Someone with a coarse fast growing beard may find that the later Type I or later not efficient enough.    Personally the only post G worth shaving with is the Adjustable M, though I've managed to collect and at least attempt to shave with all of them.  Conversely, a gent who likes a milder razor will be better served to start with Types I or J.

43 461
 11-23-2016, 10:42 AM
User Info
Thanks for the info fellas. I will see if I can pick one up on the bay.

0 57
 11-25-2016, 07:17 AM
User Info
(11-21-2016, 03:25 PM)blzrfn Wrote: You can find NOS models fairly regularly on etsy and ebay.  If you don't mind used there are plenty available for very little money.  With a sharper blade I prefer the Type N or L, for smoother blades then I reach for the type E or G.  I only use vintage blades so I don't know where the Chinese made Schick blades fall as far as sharpness goes so maybe another member could assist you there.  My favorite vintage blades, in order, are: Holland made Schick Platinum (very sharp and long lasting), Personna 74 (just a tad less sharp than the Schick Platinum) and Schick Super Stainless (the smoothest injector blades I have ever tried).  The nice thing about injectors and the vintage blades is they aren't in near as high demand as their double-edge brothers and can usually be found for reasonable prices.

How do you find the Schick Plus Platinum - marked as made in the US and Warner-Lambert?

8 103
 11-27-2016, 12:24 PM
User Info
(11-25-2016, 07:17 AM)5 over Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 03:25 PM)blzrfn Wrote: You can find NOS models fairly regularly on etsy and ebay.  If you don't mind used there are plenty available for very little money.  With a sharper blade I prefer the Type N or L, for smoother blades then I reach for the type E or G.  I only use vintage blades so I don't know where the Chinese made Schick blades fall as far as sharpness goes so maybe another member could assist you there.  My favorite vintage blades, in order, are: Holland made Schick Platinum (very sharp and long lasting), Personna 74 (just a tad less sharp than the Schick Platinum) and Schick Super Stainless (the smoothest injector blades I have ever tried).  The nice thing about injectors and the vintage blades is they aren't in near as high demand as their double-edge brothers and can usually be found for reasonable prices.

How do you find the Schick Plus Platinum - marked as made in the US and Warner-Lambert?

What I meant with this question is do any of the more seasoned injector users have an opinion or experience with this blade. I found some on offer on flea bay.

8 103
 11-27-2016, 12:57 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(11-21-2016, 03:27 PM)blzrfn Wrote: Oh, the vintage Gillette and Schick twin-injector blades are pretty interesting also, definitely worth a try if you run across some.

Beware that the twin blades don't fit in all injector razors, and can stretch the spring into unusability.

5 316
 12-17-2016, 10:14 AM
User Info
Got an i1 (with blades) recently thanks to a fellow Nook member.
Took it for its first spin today...and loved it.
Easy and effortless. The slim head is a joy to work with.

8 896